It’s Chiefs week - and the season is on the line

Einstein

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

The only thing I am really worried about is Mahomes running.  Our guys have been bad at containing QBs running and bad at chasing.  Mahomes is good at this.  Hopefully they do a better job this week than in past games.

People are worried about Kelce but in 2 out of 3 games the Bills have kept him to 57 and 65 yards. That isn't going to kill us.

True. I’d rather Mahomes have to beat us running than throwing though. He takes some huge shots when he does that.

5 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Yes

I like Knox but why do I get the feeling he is going to drop his first pass and we are all gonna cringe and beg for Kincaid.

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

I couldn't watch the Eagles game live and watched it later (except the ending) and think it was one of the best QB performances I have seen this season. It's a crying shame that it was in a losing cause

Just like 13 seconds.  McD has learned nothing and still craps his pants in big moments.

1 hour ago, Buffalo619 said:

What happened to Jimbo?

He got old and had I think 2 rounds of cancer.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Ray Stonada said:

True. I’d rather Mahomes have to beat us running than throwing though. He takes some huge shots when he does that.

Yeah, I am not so sure about that. He usually doesn't get hit but does like to play the sideline game.  He also picks up a ton of yards much like Allen can.  His receivers drop a lot of balls and Mahomes has made a lot of mistakes when pressured.  He just doesn't get the hate from the media for them.  Although our coverage does seem to blow it a lot in big moments.  Feast or famine I guess.

Edited by Scott7975

6 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I feel pretty confident we are going to win tomorrow. I actually feel more confident in the Chiefs game than the Chargers game in a couple weeks. That just feels like the kind of game we'll drop.

Yeah the last couple days I've been feeling super confident in winning this game.  Must win game, we're super desperate, coming off a bye where our offense is starting to look better and we're healthier, along with some KC injuries right now.  The off the field stuff doesn't help, but I can't help but think we are in the "darkness before the dawn" moments before the sun starts coming out on our season and we go on a long, successful run from here until the Superbowl, which would be so much fun and so gratifying.  All the off the field stuff, starting 6-6, basically left for dead, to come back, play better and then go on a run, which we are certainly capable of doing.  It makes me giddy with delight :)

9 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I wholeheartedly disagree.

The way these guys perform tmrw will be zero indication as to how they feel about these criticisms. You can make this arguement work for you either way: 

They play well and it’s “man they stepped up and came out for their leader”

They play poorly, and it’s used to support the idea that they aren’t invested because of the noise around McD.

In reality, the way they play is only linked to the release of that article and the news around McD because fans/media will make it as such. The fact of the matter is the players will play to try and win. If they succeed, or if they come up short, it likely isn’t because of their increased passion (positive or negative) in light of the recent story.

I mean, McDermott made that speech in 2019 and none of us knew about it until this week.  But there is no way anyone would have known he said those things the way the team continued to play for him in 2019 and beyond.  They always play hard for him.  People make mistakes.  It was a big one, but you can't just bury the guy for one mistake he wishes he took back.  Everyone needs to move on from it.

19 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I have never felt stronger about this team this year. Buffalo is going to go off tomorrow and that stadium is going to be freaking rocking when Dallas comes to town. Bills are not losing tomorrow, they just aren't.

100% agree.  Its weird to me right now how confident I am in this game.

On 12/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, TheFunPolice said:

We're going to demolish the Chiefs. I said it before, and I think with all this McDermott stuff the team will be ready to take their frustrations out on someone. 

There is ZERO chance we lose this game. Our backs are against the wall, the entire sports media is ridiculing the coach, and this is a must win. 

Also, the Chiefs are just not that good this season. Why they let Hill go is beyond me. Their WR drop every other pass

This to me is like a perfect storm game of being desperate for a win to get in the playoffs, coming off a bye, getting healthier, KC getting banged up, and wanting to take out frustration from the off-the-field stuff and just get back to football all coming together in the same week.  We're going to lay it all on the line and I'm really excited for it.

On 12/9/2023 at 7:40 AM, Nihilarian said:

My take is that the Chiefs are waiting in the weeds to unload a bunch of new plays on the Bills that they are unprepared for like the Bengals happened to do.

I hope the Bills defense is up to this task and controls that Chiefs offense. Meanwhile our Buffalo at QB plays like the MVP he is and they outscore the Chiefs.

Go Bills!

That throwback pass from Kelce to the Offside guy was certainly innovative.  Thank heaven it didn't count (quite correctly too despite what Mahomes thinks). 

But that play would work a lot if teams would prepare to run it.  

2 minutes ago, Utah John said:

That throwback pass from Kelce to the Offside guy was certainly innovative.  Thank heaven it didn't count (quite correctly too despite what Mahomes thinks). 

But that play would work a lot if teams would prepare to run it.  

That was not a designed play.

That was Kelce being unbelievably brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

That was not a designed play.

That was Kelce being unbelievably brilliant.

Either way if teams start teaching their players to be aware of opportunities like that, particularly throwing it back to a guy who's not covered, it could really open up the game.  Defenses would not be able to collapse on the receiver after he catches the ball.

Kinda ironic this play happened on the day Frank Wychek passed away.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.