Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

As I wrote in another thread, McClappy has no one else to throw under the bus.

His seat should be "warm" at a minimum.

But for all of the game winning (read losing) drives our defense has given up, we would be sitting pretty for the playoffs.

11 minutes ago, finn said:

I would say they don't even need changes to the offensive or defensive schemes or position coaches (except for special teams). They just need different leadership. And a better defensive coordinator. How many games now has McDermott's defense lost on the final drive? 

Like 4 this year alone. Almost 6

• Like (+1) 1

Bye week. Perfect flippin timing Terry…

I’ve been the ring leader on the fire McClap train for years. Now, I’m calling my fellow warriors for a push to hire JOE BRADY as interim HC for the next 6 weeks and let him give us an audition.

This guy was THE GUY coming out of LSU. Brilliant YOUNG offensive minded HC whose offense has looked great the past 2 weeks. Give him a shot Terry. We let Daboll walk, don’t make the same mistake again.

Im hoping for an early Christmas tomorrow Morning with news of Sean McDermott being fired.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I can’t help but think that if Kim was healthy his seat would be hot as Hades.  Terry is a kindly old teddy bear, and Kim was the hammer who held people accountable.  Terry will need to be pushed hard, but with Sean’s contract needing to be paid that could definitely “impact their lifestyle.” It’s a crap situation 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, par73 said:

Same here. Look at the mess his other team has been.

Coaches will line up ten deep to come here and coach with this offense.

There are a ton of good defensive coordinators.  Worrying that they cant get a guy to coordinate a defense and call plays is crazy.  

the head coach here does not have it.  The great ones learn when they get beat the same way over and over and find a way.  McDermott is incapable.  

A new voice and a new staff will bring new energy.  Hopefully another good draft will also.  This offense is built to win now with one of the best players in the league and he is constantly standing their watching mcdermott blow games in a variety of ways.

and then there are all the special teams mistakes this year late.  Kickoff vs the jets, penalty vs the broncos and now missed field goals.

Head Coaches are responsible for this.  This is not a hallmark movie.  You can not be afraid to make changes.  

the eagles fired a head coach in Pederson over an agreement on who should play qb after he won a super bowl and went right back to the super bowl.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

You ever know someone at your own job/work that is on the outs with management/co workers? 

It's the same thing in the NFL just at a more public level

Again, unless it’s coming from Beane or Pegula there is no substance to this rumor. And no way is it coming from them.

:( Kim probably is missed in so many ways. I don’t know if Terry has a near peer for legit unbias feedback. 30 yrs with Kim.

Subordinates, “kids”, GM, friends.…sadly, nobody is a peer for help on big decisions as a 30 yr peer wife. 

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

yep call Brady interim give him a try out  Not sure who DC would be but can it get any worse?  Again anyone have a clue why your head coach who is the dc is holding a playsheet over his face while the offense is on the field?

Because he telling Brady to run the football to try and burn 7 minutes of clock.  It ensured our offense had no time to win in regulation.  They were never going to burn 7 minutes.  What they could have done was scored the TD and still had 2 minutes of clock to burn it out and kick a fg to win in regulation.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

:( Kim—I don’t know if Terry has a near peer of proper/legit feedback. 30 yrs with Kim. Subordinates, Kids, GM, friends.

…sadly, nobody is the same help on big decisions as a 30 yr peer wife. 

Why do so many of you guys think Kim Pegula was anything other than a figurehead? What evidence is there that she has had any impact on hiring/firing decisions with the Bills? If she’s been involved in the Sabres fiasco or the Rex Ryan decision then her judgement is just as in question as Terry. They both lucked into McD/Bean to turn the franchise around and now McD needs to go. There’s zero evidence that if Kim were able she’d be pushing McD out the door like he needs to be.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

:( Kim probably is missed in so many ways. I don’t know if Terry has a near peer for legit unbias feedback. 30 yrs with Kim.

Subordinates, “kids”, GM, friends.…sadly, nobody is a peer for help on big decisions as a 30 yr peer wife. 

I would pray to God he isn't leaning on his wife for advice on a coaching hire.

How about doing what everyone does in life?  Farm the work out to professionals who know what they are doing.

I would keep Beane and have him find the new HC.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

There’s a good chance his replacement will be worse, especially in their first year, but that’s a risk you have to take. It’s painfully obvious McD is not going to lead this team to a Lombardi.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.