Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

There’s a good chance his replacement will be worse, especially in their first year, but that’s a risk you have to take. It’s painfully obvious McD is not going to lead this team to a Lombardi.

Stop.  This team is in a position of absolute power to hire a top coach.  Go ahead, point to a better situation; a solid D, top 5 QB, and a semi competent GM, with an owner who will spend, I’ll wait.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Really not in any way an indictment on Pegula.  75% of the coaches that are hired  never make it beyond their 1st contract.  So Pegula would just join a long list of other owners that are not able to predict the future and hire the wrong guy.

So yes a likely better than 50/50 he hires the wrong guy, but that's just normal in the NFL

Yeah but what are the percentages like if the new coach hire inherits an elite franchise qb? 

Lost the team. Scape goated every single coordinator and assistant that's come through the doors. Except this year he chose to run the defense himself and it's worse than it ever was. It's time to fire the defensive coordinator. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

At this point, with McD being a defensive minded coach and calling the plays, we have lost all our games by one score.  

If he can’t win with his defense and the offense did their part, then he deserves to be fired.  

What argument is there to keep him?

He somehow helped Tyler Boyd make that play that got us into the playoffs and broke the drought. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

I agree , and not in a wishy washy McD kind of way. McDermott should go, but I’m genuinely concerned about Terry’s choice of replacement. Hope it’s an upgrade that can get this team to a Super Bowl. Sean will absolutely waste Josh Allen’s career. He’s too good to not get at least one Lombardi. 

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

I agree , and not in a wishy washy McD kind of way. McDermott should go, but I’m genuinely concerned about Terry’s choice of replacement. Hope it’s an upgrade that can get this team to a Super Bowl. Sean will absolutely waste Josh Allen’s career. He’s too good to not get at least one Lombardi. 

It’s time to move on. With all respect to what he has helped us accomplish to this point. McD is the longest tenured current coach to not have at least appeared in a Super Bowl. 

This year was the last hurrah. To fix our cap next year we will be turning the page on Tre, Poyer, Hyde, Morse, maybe Taron Johnson. The core of the team that McD built has aged out. It is a good time to start fresh and retool our team to be focused on offense with an offensive minded HC. This is Josh Allen’s prime, we can’t waste it.

Just now, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Joe Brady is auditioning as far as I’m concerned. 

I don’t see him having a chance.  If we fire McD, we are going to hire an offensive coordinator.   That guy will want to bring in his person.  

It will suck if the offense keeps this pace for the rest of the season. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.