Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

his seat should be on FIRE.  He should be gone unless we make the playoffs.  Period.  Why do NFL coaches get such a long leash with mediocracy year after year.  Killed Rivers career in San Diego, Marino in Miami, etc.  And will kill Allen's here.  College coaches are on the hot seat if they don't win big games.  Hockey coaches, same.  For some reason NFL coaches like McD and Tomlin get forever.  This isn't 1 thing with McD.  His defensive meltdowns, unprepared teams, and horrible in game decisions are "the process".  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 3

Just now, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

almost anyone could give us what we currently have with Allen.  So, don't worry about it getting worse.  

I think Brady would be better.  Or Johnson from Det.   

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 10

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I’m not opposed to firing McD. I’m just worried more about Pegula replacing him with someone better

Really not in any way an indictment on Pegula.  75% of the coaches that are hired  never make it beyond their 1st contract.  So Pegula would just join a long list of other owners that are not able to predict the future and hire the wrong guy.

So yes a likely better than 50/50 he hires the wrong guy, but that's just normal in the NFL

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

It'll be an attractive landing spot, but it's time. Brady will certainly be under consideration if the offensive turnaround contines, especially after interviewing for the Chargers HC opening last year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

What an absolute waste of a ***** season. Now let’s sit around until September again almost an entire year. I can’t believe this guy managed to make me want him fired after all the collateral he built up. This guy is useless. The defense flat out sucks and never ONCE EVER makes a stop when we need it. ZERO times since he’s been here. Fire this guy tonight 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 8

At this point, with McD being a defensive minded coach and calling the plays, we have lost all our games by one score.  

If he can’t win with his defense and the offense did their part, then he deserves to be fired.  

What argument is there to keep him?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 11
  • Thank you (+1) 19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.