Per Benjamin Allbright, McDermott's "seat is warm"

HappyDays

Although additional calamities may befall McDermott over the next month and half and alter the organization’s plans, four sources familiar with Terry Pegula’s thinking tell The Athletic the Bills’ owner has neither the desire nor plans to make a coaching change.

The sources requested anonymity because they weren’t authorized to speak on the record.

Asked if there was any chance Pegula would fire McDermott, two of the sources replied “Zero.” The other two sources said they would be shocked if Pegula made such a move. All four sources have intimate knowledge of the Pegula-McDermott relationship.

The sources said Pegula still holds McDermott in high regard despite this year’s dip and doesn’t want to meddle with the strong working bond McDermott has with Bills general manager Brandon Beane.

Allbright seems like he just says things to get attention and has some kind of personality disorder.

The way he states it he indicates he has a direct link to someone very high in the Bills organization.

Why would anyone ever just accept this guy's word for it---or anyone like this?  Sounds like a BS artist who has been caught in lie after lie about his life.

• Agree 1

Agreed, I've been calling for his firing since our loss to Houston/Watson in the playoffs, even then his coaching decisions could be seen to limit his roster, I said I'd give him a chance to learn from his mistakes/experiences and he just hasn't, if anything he has gotten worse maybe ptsd from losing soo many games that he shouldnt have, especially the close ones and the ones where the offense took the lead with less than 2min and 30 seconds to play and we still somehow lose.

Ive felt like Ive been living in a world where people cannot accept reality as it is, which I guess is true now that everyone lives in their own personal realities(safety bubbles where their specific beliefs are constantly reinforced as correct despite reality) that have been tailored specifically for each individual through their socials.

History is repeating itself, I'll bring something blasphemous to the conversation;

Marv Levy was a great leader and built a family culture that kept a talented roster together longer than might have been accomplished otherwise(that and all the winning they were doing sure helps keep teams together).  They would regularly dominant the regular season and then get seriously outcoached in the playoffs/super bowl, between 1989 -1996 we had a top 5 roster no question, and despite making it to the playoffs/super bowls still couldnt seal the deal.

Bills- Ralph Wilson, Bill Polian, John Butler, AJ Smith, Bob Ferguson(these guys built the roster) HC- Marv Levy, OC- Ted Marchibroda, DC- Walt Corey, Rbs- Elijah Pitts, OL- Tom Bresnahan, ST- Bruce Dehaven, Strength and cond.- Rusty Jones

1990- nyg- HC- Bill Parcells, OC- Ron Erhardt, DC- Bill Belichek, RBs- Ray Handley, WRs- Tom Coughlin, TEs-Mike Pope, OL- Fred Hoaglin, DLine- Romeo Crennel, LBs- Al Groh, Special teams- Charlie Weis/Mike Sweatman

1991- wash- GM- Charlie Casserly, HC/OC- Joe Gibbs, asst hc/defense- Richie Petitbon, DC- Larry Peccatiello, Emmitt Thomas, LaVern Torgeson, Rod Dowhower, Don Breaux, Charley Taylor, Jim Hanifan, Rennie Simmons, Jack Burns, Bobby DePaul, Wayne Sevier, Dan Riley

1992- Jerry Jones, HC- Jimmy Johnson, DC- Dave Wannestedt, Dline- Butch Davis, DBacks- Dave Campo, OC- Norv Turner, RBs- Joe Brodsky, WRs- Hubbard Alexander, TEs- Robert Ford, OL- Tony Wise, ST- Joe Avezzano, ST+C- Mike Woicik

I highlighted the better coaches/coaches that were respected for being decent at their respective jobs,  imo Marchibroda and Bresnahan were halfway decent coaches but who were given wayyy more credit than they deserved due to great players/roster instead of actual good coaches like Parcells, Belichek, Coughlin, Crennel, Groh, Weis, Handley, Casserly, Gibbs, Petitbon, Hanifan/Simmons, Johnson, Wannestedt, Davis, Campo, Turner, etc. who were considered quality coaches because of what they got out of lesser talent or unlocking hidden talent in unknown guys who had the physical traits but just needed some coaching.

Now go back and look at each roster comparatively and then look at each coaching staff and then watch each game, and then without going into your personal safety social media bubble take a deep breath and accept reality and tell me how we were seriously outcoached when push comes to shove.

Now I'm not saying they should have fired Levy but anyone at the time who objectively looked at the rosters and super bowl 25 and/or the next 3 super bowls or any of the games these Bills' teams lost over those years would immediatley see that the difference was in the coaching- gameplans, in game decisions and adjustments etc.  and if 1st priority was to win a super bowl changes would have been made in coaching because the roster simply couldnt get much better without fielding a hall of fame all time greats team.

Now back to the present, this roster isn't as far and away better as those 90s teams were but its pretty clear looking at the losses and looking at the games that matter; ie> regular season games with tie-breakers/1st seed in playoffs on the line and the playoff losses that the roster is not the problem/main contributor to why those games were lost.

There are soooooo many good coaches out there that once you know your current guy isnt "the guy" that you have to move immediately to try and salvage the prime years of our current rosters' star players-Allen, Diggs, Milano, Oliver, Kincaid, Shakir, Benford, Bernard, Epensa, Cook, Torrence, Dawkins, Taron/Dane, maybe rousseau and spencer brown etc. and the last few good years some of the older players have in them like DaQuan Jones, Von Miller, Poyer, Hyde, Morse(who I think is undersized but is halfway decent but would like to replace him with creed humphrey etc), Leonard Floyd, Linval Joseph, Taylor Rapp, Rasul Douglas.

Fire McD, keep the front office and Beane, keep Joe Brady as OC/asst to the head coach or promote him and let him bring in an OC like the Johnson's or Bienemy etc. and bring in a DC who is aggressive and will force the offense's hand that doesnt just sit back and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

On 11/26/2023 at 8:41 PM, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I’ve known for at least 2 years this guy can’t get it done. Now everyone seems to get it. There is 0 downside on firing him. You 100% have to pull the trigger in the offseason if this team doesn’t make the playoffs. 

Agreed, I've been calling for his firing since our loss to Houston/Watson in the playoffs, even then his coaching decisions could be seen to limit his roster, I said I'd give him a chance to learn from his mistakes/experiences and he just hasn't, if anything he has gotten worse maybe ptsd from losing soo many games that he shouldnt have, especially the close ones and the ones where the offense took the lead with less than 2min and 30 seconds to play and we still somehow lose.

Ive felt like Ive been living in a world where people cannot accept reality as it is, which I guess is true now that everyone lives in their own personal realities(safety bubbles where their specific beliefs are constantly reinforced as correct despite reality) that have been tailored specifically for each individual through their socials.

History is repeating itself, I'll bring something blasphemous to the conversation;

Marv Levy was a great leader and built a family culture that kept a talented roster together longer than might have been accomplished otherwise(that and all the winning they were doing sure helps keep teams together).  They would regularly dominant the regular season and then get seriously outcoached in the playoffs/super bowl, between 1989 -1996 we had a top 5 roster no question, and despite making it to the playoffs/super bowls still couldnt seal the deal.

Bills- Ralph Wilson, Bill Polian, John Butler, AJ Smith, Bob Ferguson(these guys built the roster) HC- Marv Levy, OC- Ted Marchibroda, DC- Walt Corey, Rbs- Elijah Pitts, OL- Tom Bresnahan, ST- Bruce Dehaven, Strength and cond.- Rusty Jones

1990- nyg- HC- Bill Parcells, OC- Ron Erhardt, DC- Bill Belichek, RBs- Ray Handley, WRs- Tom Coughlin, TEs-Mike Pope, OL- Fred Hoaglin, DLine- Romeo Crennel, LBs- Al Groh, Special teams- Charlie Weis/Mike Sweatman

1991- wash- GM- Charlie Casserly, HC/OC- Joe Gibbs, asst hc/defense- Richie Petitbon, DC- Larry Peccatiello, Emmitt Thomas, LaVern Torgeson, Rod Dowhower, Don Breaux, Charley Taylor, Jim Hanifan, Rennie Simmons, Jack Burns, Bobby DePaul, Wayne Sevier, Dan Riley

1992- Jerry Jones, HC- Jimmy Johnson, DC- Dave Wannestedt, Dline- Butch Davis, DBacks- Dave Campo, OC- Norv Turner, RBs- Joe Brodsky, WRs- Hubbard Alexander, TEs- Robert Ford, OL- Tony Wise, ST- Joe Avezzano, ST+C- Mike Woicik

I highlighted the better coaches/coaches that were respected for being decent at their respective jobs,  imo Marchibroda and Bresnahan were halfway decent coaches but who were given wayyy more credit than they deserved due to great players/roster instead of actual good coaches like Parcells, Belichek, Coughlin, Crennel, Groh, Weis, Handley, Casserly, Gibbs, Petitbon, Hanifan/Simmons, Johnson, Wannestedt, Davis, Campo, Turner, etc. who were considered quality coaches because of what they got out of lesser talent or unlocking hidden talent in unknown guys who had the physical traits but just needed some coaching.

Now go back and look at each roster comparatively and then look at each coaching staff and then watch each game, and then without going into your personal safety social media bubble take a deep breath and accept reality and tell me how we were seriously outcoached when push comes to shove.

Now I'm not saying they should have fired Levy but anyone at the time who objectively looked at the rosters and super bowl 25 and/or the next 3 super bowls or any of the games these Bills' teams lost over those years would immediatley see that the difference was in the coaching- gameplans, in game decisions and adjustments etc.  and if 1st priority was to win a super bowl changes would have been made in coaching because the roster simply couldnt get much better without fielding a hall of fame all time greats team.

Now back to the present, this roster isn't as far and away better as those 90s teams were but its pretty clear looking at the losses and looking at the games that matter; ie> regular season games with tie-breakers/1st seed in playoffs on the line and the playoff losses that the roster is not the problem/main contributor to why those games were lost.

There are soooooo many good coaches out there that once you know your current guy isnt "the guy" that you have to move immediately to try and salvage the prime years of our current rosters' star players-Allen, Diggs, Milano, Oliver, Kincaid, Shakir, Benford, Bernard, Epensa, Cook, Torrence, Dawkins, Taron/Dane, maybe rousseau and spencer brown etc. and the last few good years some of the older players have in them like DaQuan Jones, Von Miller, Poyer, Hyde, Morse(who I think is undersized but is halfway decent but would like to replace him with creed humphrey etc), Leonard Floyd, Linval Joseph, Taylor Rapp, Rasul Douglas.

Fire McD, keep the front office and Beane, keep Joe Brady as OC/asst to the head coach or promote him and let him bring in an OC like the Johnson's or Bienemy etc. and bring in a DC who is aggressive and will force the offense's hand that doesnt just sit back and wait for the other team to make a mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

One can only hope for Ben Johnson 

HC: Ben Johnson (play caller)

OC: Mark Brunell (More like QB coach, currently QB coach in Detroit with Ben Johnson)

DC: Kris Kocurek (49ers DL coach past 5 seasons, was with Ben Johnson while in Miami)

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.