Week 12: Buffalo Bills vs Philadelphia Eagles

BuffaloBillyG

• Simon pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nothing about this matchup makes me feel like the Bills have a chance. And I’m not even sure crazier things have happened.

Imagine playing a game with Josh Allen as your QB and thinking you don't have a chance.  

Dude, go play hopscotch, professional sports clearly is too much for you to deal with mentally.

Better yet...go back to FinsHeaven and play with your Fin fans.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Having watched the Eagles Chiefs game last night, this seems like a game that if Josh is playing like he is capable, this is a very winnable game

I have family coming from Philly for thanksgiving and I know they are going to talk trash all week. Would love to have him shut up on Sunday night 

I saw your posts about your kids and youngest 6 months. They need more bills gear especially for thanksgiving. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Imagine playing a game with Josh Allen as your QB and thinking you don't have a chance.  

Dude, go play hopscotch, professional sports clearly is too much for you to deal with mentally.

Don’t be too hard on him. Classic case of Battered Bills Fan Syndrome. I have seen it all too often. He’s probably working on his mock draft 3.0 for therapy right now.

• Haha (+1) 1

Looking at the Bills right now, the way I see it is that this is an opportunity to steal back one of the bad losses from earlier this year (i.e. Patriots/Jets). You go and win a game against the best team in the NFL right now (record wise) and you head into the bye week at 7-5 with all the momentum in the world.

It's almost akin to a road playoff game, but here's the problem with that....McD/Allen have never won one of those games so why would that change now? We'll see what happens but this would  certainly be the biggest win of the McD/Allen should they be able to do it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I spent a small sum on Bills gear specifically for this weekend. My wife bought nice outfits for them. I feel we have different goals 

I have a bunch of bills stuff from our newborn days that never even got opened. She didn't like binkies so they never got opened. She grew out of her 3-6 month stuff in the first 2 months, then out of football season there was only so much we would put her in. Then9 times of 10 I just leave her in the regular white sleeping onesie

If the Bills team we saw against the Jets (second game), Dolphins, and Raiders shows up, they absolutely have a good shot at beating the Eagles.

If the Bills team we saw all the other weeks of this season shows up, things could get ugly.

I'm an optimist, so I choose to believe that the former will happen. The Eagles are due for a second loss, are playing on a short week, and the Bills' backs are against the wall. 

Go upset the Eagles, go into the bye week on a two-game win streak, and suddenly your whole season looks completely different.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 2

Allen’s scrambles will have to pay off against that DL.  He makes some big plays we can win.  He dauntless or throws a pick, we lose.  

they will probably run down our throats but, that may not lead to tons of points.  We could win if we have the ball last.

I still think we’ll loose tho

• Disagree 1

Very winnable game. They didn't look impressive yesterday. Chiefs threw a pick in the red zone , fumbled in the red zone, and dropped a TD in the end zone. 

Feel confident about both of the next two games, but as long as we win one we are in good shape . 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Don’t be too hard on him. Classic case of Battered Bills Fan Syndrome. I have seen it all too often. He’s probably working on his mock draft 3.0 for therapy right now.

More like classic case of him actually being a Fins fan in disguise and pretending to be a Bills fan and trolling us every chance he gets.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Very winnable game. They didn't look impressive yesterday. Chiefs threw a pick in the red zone , fumbled in the red zone, and dropped a TD in the end zone. 

Feel confident about both of the next two games, but as long as we win one we are in good shape . 

Chiefs defense is nasty...I still don't know how they blew that game...Eagles only had 240 yards of total offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Nothing about this matchup makes me feel like the Bills have a chance. And I’m not even sure crazier things have happened.

Dude: trying not to be a DB...criticisms, concerns, misgivings are all fair play.

That said, I honestly have to ask: wtf are you doing on this board?

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I disagree too.   But why be mean about it?

We’re all long suffering Bills fans.   The Bills mafia is a ‘band of brothers’ (and sisters!).  

Cross-conference matchups are hard to predict, but the Eagles have not looked very impressive on either side of the ball. Of course, the Bills haven't, either. But if their mojo continues and the ball bounces right, I see them winning. Wouldn't that be lovely? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Eagles can run the ball. Swift is a good back with shaky moves. If our D can contain their running attack and force Hurts to throw more - we will be in good shape. Our O can score on their D. They don't have a great pass D/secondary. This will be a great game! GO BILLS!! Do your thing. we're BAAAAACCKKKK!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Why?

It's true that the Eagles are 9-1, but they haven't been dominating. Does this look like the same team as last year? The Eagles can be beaten.

• Agree 5

In terms of offense, I think our scheme should look a lot like it did vs the Jets: a commitment to the run game, but with plenty of motion to put the D-line on its heels and attack the middle. 

An important thing to note from last night's game is: Kansas was getting their shots. Balls were hitting hands. Usually (against us) those are surehanded catches. So it's not as if KC didn't know how the beat the scheme, it just was let down by its WRs

• Like (+1) 1

I said it even before last nights game but I think Buffalo is in about as good a spot as it can be vs. Philly.   Bills got their confidence back.  Eagles got their big emotional revenge win vs. KC.  They flew home around 4:30am, the players probably aren't feeling awake until tomorrow...short week to prepare for a very motivated Buffalo.

I don't expect Philly to have a MNF hangover for the entire game, but hoping the Bills can jump on them early...and force a few Eagles mistakes.  Because PHL has been an excellent 2nd half club this year and the Bills will need to have a lead into the 3rd Qtr to have a good chance.  

Not saying this is a must-win, but it kinda' is.  What are the chances that Kansas City will lose a 3rd home game in week 14? The odds are probably not good.

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Why?

It's true that the Eagles are 9-1, but they haven't been dominating. Does this look like the same team as last year? The Eagles can be beaten.

"Hurts has 13 consecutive wins against teams with winning records, breaking a tie with Peyton Manning and Vinny Testaverde for the most in NFL history".

I love when the media starts talking about streaks like the above... that's usually when the streak gets broken.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 3

55 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Hoping for the win but keeping the expectations modest …

I think the Bills are getting them at the right time after their big revenge road win and after a short week for them ..

Still a big test for Brady and the O..

Can’t we all agree to use “Joe”?  

Every time I read “Brady” I throw up in my mouth a little. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

From an emotional and momentum standpoint, a win would be huge for the Bills.

From a playoff seeding standpoint, this is one of the two remaining games that the Bills can most afford to lose. The Bills REALLY need some wins vs AFC opponents. 

I'm sure someone will take what I'm saying the wrong way. Obviously the Bills need all the wins they can get. I'm just saying this game is not, strictly speaking, a "must win" game". The Chiefs, Chargers, Dolphins, and Pats games are.

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Process said:

I love hardcore Bills fans. :)  Philly is 9-1, top of the NFL, playing at home, and very healthy ... "Very winnable game" :) 

I mean of course there's a chance, that's why they play the games (well its really the money, but ya know what I mean ;) ), but dude :)

KC is in a slump of sorts so I can understand a "Very winnable game" attitude there maybe.  But their secret weapon, Taylor Swift, will probably be back in the country by then ;) 

Not the be all, end all, but gives an idea.

Bills +150 (bet $100 to win $150) | Eagles -178 (bet $178 to win $100)

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, CodeMonkey said:

I love hardcore Bills fans. :)  Philly is 9-1, top of the NFL, playing at home, and very healthy ... "Very winnable game" :) 

I mean of course there's a chance, that's why they play the games (well its really the money, but ya know what I mean ;) ), but dude :)

KC is in a slump of sorts so I can understand a "Very winnable game" attitude there maybe.  But their secret weapon, Taylor Swift, will probably be back in the country by then ;) 

I get what you're saying, but...

The Bills have not lost a game by more than six points all year. There has not been a single game in which they were completely blown off the field. They also boast the NFL's 4th best point differential, a full 41 points AHEAD of the Eagles.

And just for good measure, Vegas agrees with the "very winnable" judgement, as evidenced by the Bills being only 3.5 point underdogs despite playing in Philly. Bear in mind that home field is generally thought to be worth three points in betting, meaning that Vegas considers the Eagles to have only a half point advantage over the Bills.

Very winnable game.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

If we had all of our defense we would win this straight up but with all these injuries its going to be tough. Last night though showed me that both the Eagles and Chiefs are vulnerable with the right game plan. Hurts is an inconsistent QB that with a lot pressure will still make rookie mistakes. If our offense can score and avoid idiot turnovers I think we can pull the upset.

• Like (+1) 1

Seeing a lot of tweets with data backing up that this defense of ours, (with Joseph/Douglas) is much better than we give them credit for.  

Linval Joseph should be big for us this game as we need to slow down the Philly run game.  

Our pass rush needs to show up, but also need to be disciplined.  We can’t have ends just rushing 20 yards out of the play leaving massive holes for Hurts to take off through.   (Same will go for the Chiefs game). 

I like Douglas/Benford against their WR’s.  Both are big/physical corners that can body up AJ Brown.  The loss of Goedert is big for them.  Devonta Smith’s speed and their screen game are what I’d say we need to be aware of on defense.  

On Offense, keep Allen upright.  I believe him when he cathartically yells “I’m ****ing back!” during the Jets game.   If he has time, Philly’s back seven can’t hang with Diggs, Kincaid, Shakir and Davis.  I’d also leverage Cook & Johnson in the receiving game out of the backfield on their linebackers quite a bit.  

The Eagles are good and their home field advantage is strong, but they’re not as dominant as their 9-1 record indicates … and the Bills are way better than their 6-5 record.  

We have the better QB.  It’s time for that to make a difference.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.