Bills @ Benglas Game Thread - 1st half

Simon

2 minutes ago, dakrider said:

Bills last couple plays there were absolute garbage. YOU DON'T THROW A 2 YARD PASS WITH 27 SECONDS LEFT!  TWICE!!!!! 
Josh Allen could have run for a first down or something.  WTH!

I gotta tell ya.  

Poor execution.  ... JK  :D  

Seriously though, how anyone attributes this absurdly underperforming offense to anything but coaching at this point is mystifying.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Josh is a front runner. I love him but he is. He doesn’t play well coming from behind and now we are going to be completely one dimensional. It’s not looking good for us

they are always one dimensional.  This staff has no idea how to run the ball.  Losing knox has created a situation where they cant run at all.  

1 minute ago, boyst said:

And miss the tripped penalty which would have been 15 yards and a first down?

They clearly would be looking at the play. And just like the officials coming in on the headphones to call that intentional grounding - it should have been called. No excuse.

yea. It’s a spot you expect a makeup call if anything sketchy is going to happen not the proverbial pass interference on a Hail Mary type of call to put the nail in the coffin of the drive. 

Just now, Jamone said:

Why tf are they not gonna throw a hail mary to end the half. So dumb. Dorsey needs to be fired. F the refs too ridiculous no call on that trip 

I don’t think the officials properly communicated to anyone that they were running the clock. No coach knew.  Otherwise, the bengals would have called a TO. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

I want to just be pissed about the Bills and how bad they are playing BUT these refs are so bad and now it just seems like I'm being a sore loser talking about them, but dayum they are so bad. 

It's a combo of both. Any bright spot we might potentially get will be shot down by the refs, so there is that too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Need an offensive guy full stop.    

It’s sad it’s unfortunate but it’s business.   

Any DC can do what we do.  

McD won't do it though.   He's so scared of abandoning his own process garbage of promoting from within. 

11 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Agreed.  that seems to be McD weakness is he tries forcing these guys to do things they cant

A good coach develops a scheme around the strength of the players available, a ***** one does what McDummy does.  Poor coaches force square pegs into round holes, and guess what the result is... the SHTSHOW we are witnessing.   Hell, McDummy even doubles down by neutering our superstar QB to slow down the offence and protect his weak, poorly coached defense.   

I'm not afraid of failing with a new staff, because frankly, they are going NOWHERE with this staff and I'd rater be turning over every stone to bring in a bright offensive mind and play to the strengths of the 1 superstar we have, versus wasting more of Josh's prime years on this spiral downward with this crappy staff.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Where is the stuff from last week?  Davis was running routes all over the field.  Now he running streaks again. F Dorsey.  I hate him and hope he is gone  IDGAF what stats anyone shows or some weird screenshot showing some receiver open in a moments time... the dude aint it.  It doesn't gell with Josh and what he does best.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Aimee75 said:

This game is making me sad, but our prospects for the future is making me sadder. This is an old and beat up team going nowhere. I don't see how we get into the playoffs this year, with the AFC being a gauntlet. I think the whole AFC North might get in. I don't see us winning the division, and the future looks even more bleak. We cannot even play close with Cincy, they just blow us out and have our number, and Beane did nothing in the off season to address that. 

Josh is now stuck on a team rapidly going downhill. I am heartbroken for Diggs, because he knows his time is running out. Just sad.

I love josh. But I’d almost trade him and get a boatload of picks. Draft a QB and Marvin Harrison jr next year

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

This game is making me sad, but our prospects for the future is making me sadder. This is an old and beat up team going nowhere. I don't see how we get into the playoffs this year, with the AFC being a gauntlet. I think the whole AFC North might get in. I don't see us winning the division, and the future looks even more bleak. We cannot even play close with Cincy, they just blow us out and have our number, and Beane did nothing in the off season to address that. 

Josh is now stuck on a team rapidly going downhill. I am heartbroken for Diggs, because he knows his time is running out. Just sad.

Dolphins can’t beat a decent team either, if that makes you feel any better

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Tempo gone.

No motion.

Running the ball twice.

Allen playing like a space cadet again. 

The Bengals aren’t doing anything amazing, but our offense puts up a measly 7 minutes TOP. 

if they called the tripping, the clock stops and I imagine they score there.  it was a huge moment in the game and it got an important player injured.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

The grounding call was terrible. But it's a hell of a lot worse when that is the best you can do on a 3rd and 6 call when points are in range... How can Gabe and Josh not be on the same page there? And how can we be settling for a SUPER low conversion percentage play like that anyway on 3rd down? How is that even possible?

I've so had it with this team having massive lapses in concentration. There is no way a team with this much talent should ever have to settle for what we just witnessed. And that is squarely on McDermott. I've been one of the holdouts on him... But that was an embarrassing coaching effort and it seems as if he cannot get these guys up consistently anymore. The Bengals are not THIS good. If they were they would be up by 28 now...

Running a curl/comeback isn’t low percentage. 

That will be one to see what was going on there. And what was available across the field. 

I’m tempted to think that Josh thought “1 on 1 on the outside, take the shot”. And Gabe thought “take the high percentage play, get the first and stop the clock by going OOB”. I think both are right, that decision is based in the offense; which I don’t think any of us have even a sliver of an idea of what to do there situationally. 

3 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Josh is a front runner. I love him but he is. He doesn’t play well coming from behind and now we are going to be completely one dimensional. It’s not looking good for us

Literally leads the league in fourth quarter comebacks during his career. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.