Milano/Daquan question?

stlbills13

No LB'ers were moved. Only 1 DT. There were a total of 6 moves made today league wide.

Wanting trades to happen is all fine and good. But it takes someone wanting to trade them and the compensation to be right for it to happen. 

It's not the NHL or the NBA. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 5

There seems to be whispers of a potential Suh signing at some point.  

It does seem interesting that reports are we were so heavy on CB before the deadline and next to zero reports of us on a DT/LB. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloMatt said:

do we even know the details too milano's injury?

Leg break with no knee structural damage was the rumor. I dont think we know for sure though. Hell, I've read totally unsubstantiated articles that mentioned late December as a possible return. But I don't think anyone knows besides his docs and the Bills.

Edited by Bferra13
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Does the lack of moves at those positions mean the Bills feel confident these two could be back this season? 

The lack of moves isn't necessary lack of attempts to move, at least at LB. The DT room is full with marginal players but there's no void as the LBs has

I'm so used to weekly, in-depth updates on Rodgers achilles accompanied by regular social media posts that hearing nothing at all about injuries to major players on the team is strange.

Jones did post on Instagram a picture of him at the Tampa game wearing a shoulder sling, so that's something I guess. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

Sure hope so.  

I was really hoping we’d eliminate the Dodson/Rapp pairing by adding someone at LB.  

Douglas is a big corner, maybe they can move him into rapps spot when they want to go 6 DBs.  He can play inside and out.  

We were one CB injury away from season over.  Just a great trade.  

-  been listening to a couple packers podcasts talking about the trade-  99% are either sad (because they think he’s good and wanted to keep him long term) or happy for him (to be traded for a contender).  Many said that they loved watching him play.  I love that.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

Does the lack of moves at those positions mean the Bills feel confident these two could be back this season? 

Nope. Daquan MAYBE if they made it deep into the playoffs. Milano is done and the lack of additional info about his injury SINCE his injury makes me wonder if it's worse than we've been told. 

for both of these injuries I would worry that the players would be healthy enough to play but would have lost significant strength in key areas while they were healing that they wouldn't be able to recover in that period of time. Next season, sure, but they have to heal AND also get leg strength/pec strength back to be effective. 

I would think that pec strength for a DL is huge, with all the pushing off of guys to break blocks. 

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

No LB'ers were moved. Only 1 DT. There were a total of 8 moves made today league wide.

Wanting trades to happen is all fine and good. But it takes someone wanting to trade them and the compensation to be right for it to happen. 

It's not the NHL or the NBA. 

Stop with the reasoning GMs that don’t get anything done are famous for. If a team is a player away and have reasonable proximity to the cap, it’s just about finding the right trade partner and after the Packers fell out of the race and realized they are in the QB market, thus draft capital is vital. Washington, the Giants and Chicago are other trade candidates. A good GM can always find a draft choice/ player trade before the deadline.

• Eyeroll 1

40 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sure hope so.  

I was really hoping we’d eliminate the Dodson/Rapp pairing by adding someone at LB.  

Douglas is a big corner, maybe they can move him into rapps spot when they want to go 6 DBs.  He can play inside and out.  Super physical. 

We we one CB injury away from season over.  Just a great trade.  

-  been listening to a couple packers podcasts talking about the trade-  99% are either sad (because they think he’s good and wanted to keep him long term) or happy for him (to be traded for a contender).  Many said that they loved watching him play.  I love that.

Beane came through with an add that Packer fans are sorry to part with. He’s a physical style ball hawk, in the mold of Tre White. I think a corner was more crucial to bring in than OLB. Let’s hope he can be  a good match with Benford, and we can use Elam in a future deal.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Beane came through with an add that Packer fans are sorry to part with. He’s a physical style ball hawk, in the mold of Tre White. I think a corner was more crucial to bring in than OLB. Let’s hope he can be  a good match with Benford, and we can use Elam in a future deal.

Oh I agree. Don’t get me wrong.  I love the trade.  Can start on the outside and can play the slot if Taron gets hurt.  

It would’ve been even better if we could’ve gotten a LB too.  

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Oh I agree. Don’t get me wrong.  I love the trade.  Can start on the outside and can play the slot if Taron gets hurt.  

It would’ve been even better if we could’ve gotten a LB too.  

I don’t think anyLBs were moved at the deadline. At least we can match up better with some of those elite receiver teams (Cinn, Philly, Miami even Dallas)

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Stop with the reasoning GMs that don’t get anything done are famous for. If a team is a player away and have reasonable proximity to the cap, it’s just about finding the right trade partner and after the Packers fell out of the race and realized they are in the QB market, thus draft capital is vital. Washington, the Giants and Chicago are other trade candidates. A good GM can always find a draft choice/ player trade before the deadline.

I was actually wrong. There were a total of SIX moves made today. In the entire league. We should count ourselves lucky that we were one of them and brought in a starter.

Please tell me again how easy it is to make an impactful trade in this league at the deadline. I repeat, not a single LB was moved by any team. Anywhere, period. If one were available and was worth the price tag, we'd have done it. 

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

There seems to be whispers of a potential Suh signing at some point.  

It does seem interesting that reports are we were so heavy on CB before the deadline and next to zero reports of us on a DT/LB. 

We need to do something at DT. Ed is the only one I trust there atm. I didn’t pay Suh any attention last year so idk how much he has in the tank but he was solid with Bucs the year before. He not really the type of player mcbeane likes(I’m not a fan of his antics either) but maybe this team needs someone like him. 

Well Jones is a FA, hopefully re signed and anyone we added for Milano would be irrelevant once he's healthy, so just not worth it

21 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I was actually wrong. There were a total of SIX moves made today. In the entire league. We should count ourselves lucky that we were one of them and brought in a starter.

Please tell me again how easy it is to make an impactful trade in this league at the deadline. I repeat, not a single LB was moved by any team. Anywhere, period. If one were available and was worth the price tag, we'd have done it. 

I feel it's like fantasy football,  at least with me and most of the league , we tend to overvalue our own players 

Milano is not sharing much information with anyone, including his friends. He is from near where I live and I have an acquaintance who is tight enough that Milano he has gone with Milanos family to every game in Florida. As of last week Milano had not contacted him to respond to anything related to leg and his parents are not telling anyone anything. My guess is that the leg is really messed up but maybe he is trying something revolutionary to heal it and doesn't want to hear it from his father who is a doctor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Funny you referenced LB and not our primary need, CB. Minn. needed aQB, they got one. Seattle needed a tackle, Leonard Williams, Philly needed a safety, they got an all pro, SF needed a DE,they got a 1st rd drafted Chase Young, the Bears wanted an elite DE, Montez Sweat. Jacksonville lost an OL and got one. If you are relevant and ready to deal draft picks, there’s a trade partner available. Beane got a good corner because he knew the fans would destroy him if he did nothing with his track record of not being active at the deadline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.