49ers: the new nfl villains ?

Italian Bills

51 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He had so many injuries in Carolina that it was a huge risk to trade for him. So far so good in SF but that could change at any time.

Can he just make it to week 17?  He's holding my fantasy team together at this point.  

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Most teams can't follow their model as they got lucky to land Purdy as before him they looked like they made a massive mistake in Lance. Toss in they got a MVP type player in CMC for a lot less then his value was. etc. Yet ideally yes you should build a strong overall defense and then a strong offensive line and can plug in a solid QB and win especially when have an all around talent like CMC but not an easy task to have everything come together but as good as they are they still haven't won a Super Bowl in close to 30 years. 

Between the eagles, the 49ers, the chiefs... even the lions, bengals, bills, cowboys, and jags.  It's clear that being strong on offense and defensive lines makes everything work easier on either side of the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

100% right on CMC. Beane loves getting Carolina guys but can’t work out a deal for the best panther player and best weapon in the league?

I doubt anyone could have topped that trade unless they traded higher draft capital than the 49ers. 

Kyle has known Christian since he was born probably, as Kyle's Dad coached Christians dad Ed.

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wish I could bet money on them not making the SB. They are counting on players who struggle to stay healthy. And I still don’t fully believe in Purdy. There is an adjustment coming. 

Brock Purdy can't do what Josh or Pat Mahomes can do and if you ask him to he would implode. But I don't think Josh or Pat could run Kyle's offence any better than Purdy does.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

image.png

Forty Nine Niners does sound like an evil team name

49ers-mascot.jpg

Should really update the team name though, 2021 cryptominers? Weed stock buying Game Stop-ers? Robinhood.com-ers? Moving to Florida-ers?

I mean... The bills are named after a frontiersman from the same time so not a lot of room to talk.

I would not say they are villain's, but I do think they are a bit of the team in vogue and a lot of people have just grown tired of it especially as they don't have a ring yet (although this year could be it). Part of the exhaustion I think is that people lavish praise to max for the 49ers (most of it deservedly so) but any criticism is usually deflected away even with something like Trey Lance who they traded a boat ton for and failed to pan out with. I think Shanny is brilliant as heck and what they have built is what more teams should go for. I actually find their players very likable along with their style of play. I do find their fans to be incredibly front runner though and when the chips were down a bit in the mid 2010's they seemingly were not around.

Anytime a team is running as hot as they are and have there is an exhaustion factor to the rest of sports fans over time. It is like that Harvey Dent line from the Dark Knight " You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain", right now I would say the 49ers and Chiefs are probably the embodiment of that the way the Patriots/Colts/Steelers were for a long while.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I would not say they are villain's, but I do think they are a bit of the team in vogue and a lot of people have just grown tired of it especially as they don't have a ring yet (although this year could be it). Part of the exhaustion I think is that people lavish praise to max for the 49ers (most of it deservedly so) but any criticism is usually deflected away even with something like Trey Lance who they traded a boat ton for and failed to pan out with. I think Shanny is brilliant as heck and what they have built is what more teams should go for. I actually find their players very likable along with their style of play. I do find their fans to be incredibly front runner though and when the chips were down a bit in the mid 2010's they seemingly were not around.

Anytime a team is running as hot as they are and have there is an exhaustion factor to the rest of sports fans over time. It is like that Harvey Dent line from the Dark Knight " You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain", right now I would say the 49ers and Chiefs are probably the embodiment of that the way the Patriots/Colts/Steelers were for a long while.

I like them because they are kind of the antiNFL darling

They are consistently elite w out a top QB

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I still think that Miami and SF have cracked the code on how to win without a top 5 QB. If they play each other in the SB (a real possibility), other teams will copy the model and we may see a rethinking of roster construction league-wide. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have the most arrogant coach in the league. The team reflects his personality. It is possibly the reason Kyle isn't Bills coach. The Pegulas interviewed him in the Rex Ryan process and hated him. 

Yeah and can you imagine what Allen would look like if Shanahan had him all this time?  This whole "I don't like him, doesnt fit our ideals" bs is just that BS. Like him, don't like him... just put us in the best place to win superbowls

• Italian Bills changed the title to 49ers: the new nfl villains ?
31 minutes ago, High Football IQ said:

Can't be an NFL villain if you haven't won anything.

Chiefs are that team especially since the NFL has already predetermined that Mahomes is next Brady and they are going to get every call imaginable to continue winning superbowls in the coming years.

Is the FilthyBeast handle taking a sabbatical ?

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah and can you imagine what Allen would look like if Shanahan had him all this time?  This whole "I don't like him, doesnt fit our ideals" bs is just that BS. Like him, don't like him... just put us in the best place to win superbowls

I am not sure Shanahan would love Josh for reasons I have stated elsewhere. But I'd have hired literally anyone over Rex Ryan. A dead crow would have done.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

haha I think that is def cool although the data supports Purdy is at least a top 10 guy at this point. There is a reallyyy interesting situation though of whether it is the talent/system or if the QB is thee guy right now. I think it is a blend of both

10 hours ago, Italian Bills said:

Honestly, the arrogance lately showed from some of their players, in primis Samuel and Kittle, is something that make me starting hate that team, maybe even more than KC or Cincy. 

They are playing great if not the best football (weak conference), but their attitude is becoming pretty annoying. They would deserve a good beat in the face. 

I haven’t observed arrogance, but they are the most complete team right now in the NFL.  PHILLY’s still winning, but they have looked more vulnerable as has KC, and Cincy is really hampered by Burrow’s injury.

The 9ers are the team I least want to face if we ever made it to the SB.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am not sure Shanahan would love Josh for reasons I have stated elsewhere. But I'd have hired literally anyone over Rex Ryan. A dead crow would have done.

Shanahan wanted trey Lance who had more question marks than Josh Allen and like nine Starts 

FCS player with lots of questions marks and amazing physical gifts 

Josh was Trey Lance with more starts in a higher level football , and bigger

I don't think shanahan would have had a problem drafting Josh

They've been #1 for me since end of last season. I did not think anyone was in their league at the beginning of this year and I still do not think anyone has risen to their level. Absolutely rock-solid defense, great multipurpose RB, great WR's, great TE, a QB who does not make mistakes, offensive-minded coach.  At times, I thought maybe the Bills could hang with them this year, and if played like they did against Miami and Washington, could potentially beat SF on a given day, but it still felt like if the Bills and 49ers played 10 straight games, I think SF wins 6-7 of them.  With the injuries to a few key defensive players I feel even more strongly that is how it would play out.

By no means has anyone labeled them as villains. That's a self-imposed notion, not anyone else. You want villains, I think KC continues to play that role week in and week out with the refereeing seemingly always going their way. SF? No.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Shanahan wanted trey Lance who had more question marks than Josh Allen and like nine Starts 

FCS player with lots of questions marks and amazing physical gifts 

Josh was Trey Lance with more starts in a higher level football , and bigger

I don't think shanahan would have had a problem drafting Josh

Drafting him, maybe not. But he likes his QB to paint by numbers and run his plays. He does not appreciate freelancing. I think he and Josh would have had friction. He is not an easy personality Shanahan. And been told that by people who have worked in that building with him.

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Kyle out-arroganted Rex?

I just guess Rex was reasonable in the interview. Rex has an ability to be affable and plausible. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It's like the people who say Bill belichick would prefer Mac Jones over Josh Allen lol

If you're a head coach in this league and you would not take Josh Allen to be your quarterback you probably won't be in the league long... Reid is probably the only one who wouldn't need to take him

I would bet a 100 times out of 100 times he would take Josh Allen over purdy

It would be asinine if he didn't... Josh is a Hall of Fame quarterback talent only 28

And he could do every single thing Brock can do and Brock can't do everything he can

If you just said Kyle shanahan you have one quarterback to choose... Josh Allen or Brock

He isn't taking brock

He was infatuated with Trey Lance because of his ability to create plays... There's not one coach out there who doesn't want a quarterback who could create when a play breaks down... 

You could Coach Josh Allen to run any offense... He is not a system quarterback

He wouldn't have to create as much if he had three people running wide open every play like the 49ers offense lol our best plays are ad libs

We don't have Kyle shanahan drawing up plays

Edited by Buffalo716

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

He and the Niners organization are just incredibly lucky to have stumbled onto Purdy. For all of Shanahan's offensive brilliance, the success wouldn't have happened without a system QB like Purdy following the script and playing safe with the ball. 

9 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is true. The Pegulas have not demonstrated they are good at recognising the right people to run their sports franchises. It is why I think they are so beholden to McDermott and Beane. It is the ONE time they have got good, competent leaders. People can question if they are the right people to deliver a championship, that is fair. But McDermott and Beane are clearly very competent and would both be snapped up in a park drive minute if the Bills moved on. 

And Terry would probably hire Nate Hackett and Dave Gettleman. 

Too bad we can’t trade Mcbean as a package. I kid of course. But this close but no cigar isn’t a recipe for long term success. 

I wonder how many Super-bowls we would have went to or won if we had Shanahan as our coach? 

“They hate us cuz they ain’t us.”

Best team in the league. They’re going to catch all the glamor and the frustration.

Maybe l’m in the minority, but I really like some of their players/stories:

Purdy = Mr. irrelevant? How can you beat that?

McCaffery is a McMonster

Debo is a horse.

Kittle is a crazy man.

T Williams is also a mauler. 

Their whole defense plays with speed and decisiveness (Bosa, Warner, Hufanga, etc) and they make splash plays regularly. 

It’s good football. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.