49ers: the new nfl villains ?

Italian Bills

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

All these fake Bills fans who are coming out to cheer on the niners LOL

You do realize fan is short for fanatic?

I don't even like the NFL anymore I just like the Buffalo Bills... I can never root for any other team

So we’re not allowed to respect other teams, players, stories, etc? 

Just blindly follow and serve the Bills exclusively with fidelity. Any traitors will be beheaded? 

14 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

So we’re not allowed to respect other teams, players, stories, etc? 

Just blindly follow and serve the Bills exclusively with fidelity. Any traitors will be beheaded? 

I've just read through a couple of pages in this thread... And I've read niners Rock... I love the 49ers etc lol

I've never felt any fandom to any team besides the Buffalo Bills... Hence the word fan

Which I already said is short for fanatic... Being filled with excessive and single-minded zeal

Bill's fans are supposed to be the best in the world... The most loyal and hardcore

Hardcore fans don't love another team LOL 

That's my pretty simple basis..  I've never actively rooted for another team or loved another team... I would just root for them then

What's stopping a Bills fan also liking the dolphins then? Nothing 

And that's pretty gross as a Bills fan lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I've just read through a couple of pages in this thread... And I've read niners Rock... I love the 49ers etc lol

I've never felt any fandom to any team besides the Buffalo Bills... Hence the word fan

Which I already said is short for fanatic... Being crazy about something

Bill's fans are supposed to be the best in the world... The most loyal and hardcore

Hardcore fans don't love another team LOL 

That's my pretty simple basis..  I've never actively rooted for another team or loved another team... I would just root for them then

I can appreciate the bolded.

I also appreciate being able to respect talent. It provides perspective for our own circumstances. 

I am a Bills fan first and foremost, followed by being a football fan. In my eyes, being a die hard Bills fanatic, and also acknowledging players from other teams can both exist. They don’t need to be mutually exclusive IMO. To each their own 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I can appreciate the bolded.

I also appreciate being able to respect talent. It provides perspective for our own circumstances. 

I am a Bills fan first and foremost, followed by being a football fan. In my eyes, being a die hard Bills fanatic, and also acknowledging players from other teams can both exist. They don’t need to be mutually exclusive IMO. To each their own 

Well I'm a fan of football who loves the bills

I respect tons of individual players around the league and I love college football

There's tons of players that I respect and admire

But when it comes to fandom.. it's the Buffalo Bills till I die

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I like watching the Niners because I love great Defense.  So many people say Defense is irrelevant now and you can't win championships based on Defense anymore etc. but this is the best Defensive football we have seen in the NFL since the 2015 Broncos and 2013 Seahawks.  They  have the potential to go down as one of the all-time greats if they keep it up and win the whole thing.  Of course they have a damn good complementary Offense too which makes them even more dangerous.

As a Bills fan though it's kind of a scary thought thinking ahead.  I don't think there's any team in the AFC truly unstoppable right now and there's def still hope the Bills could pull out of the AFC....But it would suck having to play that Niners team.  I have no interest in getting to the Super Bowl to just lose for a 5th time.  I know I'm jumping way ahead of things right now but just early thoughts on possible scenario's down the road. 

17 hours ago, Lost said:

I still like them, although I'm envious we don't have a coach or offensive coordinator that can write a playbook that leans into it's talent.  When CMC got to SF, in barely a weeks time they redesigned their entire offense around him and he has been tearing up the league since.  Meanwhile we need to take 6 months just to get our new players "up to speed" and slow walk them into the rotation.  Their offense feels like it has a clear identity and it revolves around CMC.  ours is more like throwing things at a wall until something sticks.  

McDermott has an EXCELLENT coaching record against Shanahan and his entire coaching tree. He regularly beats up on those "geniuses".

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's like the people who say Bill belichick would prefer Mac Jones over Josh Allen lol

If you're a head coach in this league and you would not take Josh Allen to be your quarterback you probably won't be in the league long... Reid is probably the only one who wouldn't need to take him

I would bet a 100 times out of 100 times he would take Josh Allen over purdy

It would be asinine if he didn't... Josh is a Hall of Fame quarterback talent only 28

And he could do every single thing Brock can do and Brock can't do everything he can

If you just said Kyle shanahan you have one quarterback to choose... Josh Allen or Brock

He isn't taking brock

He was infatuated with Trey Lance because of his ability to create plays... There's not one coach out there who doesn't want a quarterback who could create when a play breaks down... 

You could Coach Josh Allen to run any offense... He is not a system quarterback

He wouldn't have to create as much if he had three people running wide open every play like the 49ers offense lol our best plays are ad libs

We don't have Kyle shanahan drawing up plays

I haven't said he wouldn't choose him. You keep putting words in my mouth. But Josh would infuriate him. Because Kyle Shanahan wants his plays run his way. He does not want or like his Quarterbacks ad libbing. And personally even if plays were there I don't think you'd ever take that out of Josh totally. It is just who he is. 

I think there would have to be some compromise on both sides and I can imagine it being a prickly relationship. Just based on who Kyle Shanahan is. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I haven't said he wouldn't choose him. You keep putting words in my mouth. But Josh would infuriate him. Because Kyle Shanahan wants his plays run his way. He does not want or like his Quarterbacks ad libbing. And personally even if plays were there I don't think you'd ever take that out of Josh totally. It is just who he is. 

I think there would have to be some compromise on both sides and I can imagine it being a prickly relationship. Just based on who Kyle Shanahan is. 

I don’t know why people can’t grasp this. Kyle doesn’t want or need a guy like josh. Which made the lance thing so odd. Not sure what he saw on lances tape but I think he just let someone talk him into it. That said, he’s the best play designer of his generation, maybe ever. He doesn’t want a guy like josh running around. He wants a guy to just point and shoot. Just drop back and throw to any one of the 5 guys completely wide the f open. Not that hard at all. Purdy has the easiest job in the league. Don’t make it harder than it needs to be. 

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

I like watching the Niners because I love great Defense.  So many people say Defense is irrelevant now and you can't win championships based on Defense anymore etc. but this is the best Defensive football we have seen in the NFL since the 2015 Broncos and 2013 Seahawks.  They  have the potential to go down as one of the all-time greats if they keep it up and win the whole thing.  Of course they have a damn good complementary Offense too which makes them even more dangerous.

As a Bills fan though it's kind of a scary thought thinking ahead.  I don't think there's any team in the AFC truly unstoppable right now and there's def still hope the Bills could pull out of the AFC....But it would suck having to play that Niners team.  I have no interest in getting to the Super Bowl to just lose for a 5th time.  I know I'm jumping way ahead of things right now but just early thoughts on possible scenario's down the road. 

We would lose for sure and so will anyone else. I’m with you, I’d rather not even get there if they’re waiting for us. It would get ugly quick. I was trying to think back to which team I can compare them to as far as how enormous the gap is between them and everyone else but also who rise ever had both the best offense and defense by a large gap at the same time. Maybe someone can help me out. Ironically the 94 Niners team was the last one that came to mind. They destroyed the chargers in the Super Bowl. Same thing will happen this year too. 

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I don’t know why people can’t grasp this. Kyle doesn’t want or need a guy like josh. Which made the lance thing so odd. Not sure what he saw on lances tape but I think he just let someone talk him into it. That said, he’s the best play designer of his generation, maybe ever. He doesn’t want a guy like josh running around. He wants a guy to just point and shoot. Just drop back and throw to any one of the 5 guys completely wide the f open. Not that hard at all. Purdy has the easiest job in the league. Don’t make it harder than it needs to be. 

To the bolded - I think he did too. Remember all the talk was that Kyle loved Mac and there were still people right up to the day insisting it would be Mac Jones. I never thought that because I couldn't see them going all the way up to #3 for a guy like Mac, but does make you wonder. Lance to the 49ers never a lot of sense to me. 

I also agree Kyle is the best play designed of his generation. There are lot of his disciples out there in the NFL as HC and OC on other teams and Mike McDaniel is good, Sean McVay is good, but neither of them are Kyle Shanahan and their offenses are just not as productive as a result. 

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I also agree Kyle is the best play designed of his generation. There are lot of his disciples out there in the NFL as HC and OC on other teams and Mike McDaniel is good, Sean McVay is good, but neither of them are Kyle Shanahan and their offenses are just not as productive as a result. 

Respectfully I'd argue McVay is a little superior to Shanahan. I think Shanahan offensively is a better brain, but McVays results to me are more impressive and he has a ring plus another appearance. Kyle has 28-3 on his record which is a crappy but real blemish. Plenty of time for it to change, but McVay I think has done more at this point and truthfully comes off a little more likeable.

That said I would've been very curious to have seen what Kyle would've done in Buffalo when they interviewed him.

I don't know how anyone but the chiefs can be the villains of the NFL after getting bailout calls 3 weeks in a row.  Is that 3 INTs mahomes has had reversed now because of the refs?

And there's always Dallas.

And I know Al Michaels has been showing his age for a while now but gotta give him credit for throwing shade at the NFL and Taylor Swift about how people just want to watch a football game and not a sideshow.

Edited by The Wiz

40 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Respectfully I'd argue McVay is a little superior to Shanahan. I think Shanahan offensively is a better brain, but McVays results to me are more impressive and he has a ring plus another appearance. Kyle has 28-3 on his record which is a crappy but real blemish. Plenty of time for it to change, but McVay I think has done more at this point and truthfully comes off a little more likeable.

That said I would've been very curious to have seen what Kyle would've done in Buffalo when they interviewed him.

McVay is arguably a better Head Coach. Honestly, as a play designer.... he a distance behind Shanny. 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Allen has had to play Superman because we didn't have pieces around early on

He's in his 6th year and we've never given him a legitimate NFL game... This is the best one we've given him in six years 

And he's already not running as much ... Year 3 Josh had the quickest release.. ran dabolls plays and only ad-lib when he needed.. he wasn't running around like a chicken with his head cut off

Josh has taken in coaching everywhere from Boll to palmer and daboll and has grown leaps in 6 years 

Give Shanahan , Allen coming out of college and he's probably got two super bowls already and mastered his offense 

You say he doesn't want his quarterback ad libbing... Nobody wants their quarterback ad libbing every play... but it's a fact that plays will break down in the NFL... That's a guaranteed fact

What separates the good quarterbacks from the great QBs... Are the ability to create when the play breaks down... within or outside the pocket 

Even Brady and Montana could create inside the pocket , when it broke down .. obviously big Ben had his ability.. Steve young, mahomes 

There's not a coach alive who doesn't get pissed off at their quarterback sometimes... Especially if you've coached them for years

Purdy is the epitome of a system quarterback and the league is going to figure out his weakness very soon because the game tape is piling up

he has little film on him and a tremendous team around him... With an offensive guru

The Stars aligned for purdy to be a successful NFL quarterback and good for him 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Shanny is the same arrogant guy who cost ATL the SB. He went for cool style points instead of a run. Runs the clock for FG. And Pats lose. He’s too cool for school! SF great team w average QB and great D. I’m not sold on him or McDermy in the clutch. Long season!

His play calling arguably cost SF a Superbowl too when he suddenly went away from the run 4th Quarter. 

I feel like this is San Francisco's "gotta have it" year. Not that they won't be good again next year but to me they are comfortably the most complete team in football right now. There are some cap decisions coming after the season (not that they are in a cap crisis or anything but the path is narrower especially if they want to keep Aiyuk and Hufanga) and Trent Williams is 35 eve he can't go on forever. I feel like this is the season it should happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To the bolded - I think he did too. Remember all the talk was that Kyle loved Mac and there were still people right up to the day insisting it would be Mac Jones. I never thought that because I couldn't see them going all the way up to #3 for a guy like Mac, but does make you wonder. Lance to the 49ers never a lot of sense to me. 

Shanahan addressed this directly on a podcast before last season that when they made the trade they knew it was going to be either Mac Jones or Trey Lance.  They just weren't sure yet (which is crazy to me giving up two first round picks for him and swapping one).  I also remember reading in an article shortly following that draft that while he believes being able to play from the pocket is the most important QB trait there's added value in being able to run because it will make playing from the pocket easier.  I think he really liked both QB's but Lance's higher athletic ceiling persuaded him to take him.  RG3's rookie campaign and watching Josh Allen destroy his defense on MNF may have played a role in that decision too.  Just my guess.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

100% right on CMC. Beane loves getting Carolina guys but can’t work out a deal for the best panther player and best weapon in the league?

I’m sure CMC had a huge say in where he went and if I’m a RB in this league then I probably wanna go to the 49ers as well. 

Purdy makes less than every Golden State Warrior. He makes a high level WNBA salary.

A great fit for the Shanahan scheme. More mobile than Tua, great accuracy, instinct and feel for the game, with pocket level mobility and athleticism a tier below Mahomes.

My belief is that the supporting cast and playbook makes his life easy. Once injuries to the supporting cast  inevitably happen, he will have to do more and that is when we will find out how sustainable he is. We’ve seen one major injury so far. My belief is he is injury prone and his career will more resemble the Jimmy G path than Golden Boy Brady. 

30 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Purdy makes less than every Golden State Warrior. He makes a high level WNBA salary.

A great fit for the Shanahan scheme. More mobile than Tua, great accuracy, instinct and feel for the game, with pocket level mobility and athleticism a tier below Mahomes.

My belief is that the supporting cast and playbook makes his life easy. Once injuries to the supporting cast  inevitably happen, he will have to do more and that is when we will find out how sustainable he is. We’ve seen one major injury so far. My belief is he is injury prone and his career will more resemble the Jimmy G path than Golden Boy Brady. 

His athleticism and pocket mobility is way more than a tier below mahomes

He's got the easiest job out of any quarterback in the NFL... He's not a Creator like Patrick mahomes or Josh Allen

His athleticism is way below those two guys... He has fitz evel athleticism... Maybe less

Which is still not bad

4.5 ras score which is relative athleticism... Mahomes is in the 8s.. fitz in 7s...

They aren't in the same mold of an athlete, purdy and mahomes 

Edited by Buffalo716

The one thing I've enjoyed about the 49ers this year - watching Nick Wright squirm over his bad Brock Purdy takes, continually doubling down or nit-picking weird things to avoid admitting he was wrong.

It's waking a lot of people up to his terrible takes, and I never miss an opportunity to remind people this is exactly what he's done with Allen the past several years.

But if Purdy wins a Super Bowl before Allen, I'll be pissed 😅

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/13/2023 at 3:15 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Allen has had to play Superman because we didn't have pieces around early on

He's in his 6th year and we've never given him a legitimate NFL game... This is the best one we've given him in six years 

And he's already not running as much ... Year 3 Josh had the quickest release.. ran dabolls plays and only ad-lib when he needed.. he wasn't running around like a chicken with his head cut off

Josh has taken in coaching everywhere from Boll to palmer and daboll and has grown leaps in 6 years 

Give Shanahan , Allen coming out of college and he's probably got two super bowls already and mastered his offense 

You say he doesn't want his quarterback ad libbing... Nobody wants their quarterback ad libbing every play... but it's a fact that plays will break down in the NFL... That's a guaranteed fact

What separates the good quarterbacks from the great QBs... Are the ability to create when the play breaks down... within or outside the pocket 

Even Brady and Montana could create inside the pocket , when it broke down .. obviously big Ben had his ability.. Steve young, mahomes 

There's not a coach alive who doesn't get pissed off at their quarterback sometimes... Especially if you've coached them for years

Purdy is the epitome of a system quarterback and the league is going to figure out his weakness very soon because the game tape is piling up

he has little film on him and a tremendous team around him... With an offensive guru

The Stars aligned for purdy to be a successful NFL quarterback and good for him 

As far as Purdy and his game tape, I think that’s where people are missing the point. What exactly are you going to see on his tape that’s going to help you defend their never ending list of weapons. All you’re going to see is him throwing it to wide open guys all day long. What exactly do you plan to gather from watching that? Point being once they got CMC, they became unguardable even with a bottom tier qb. They aren’t something you can defend because KS mixes things up too much. 

5 hours ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

As far as Purdy and his game tape, I think that’s where people are missing the point. What exactly are you going to see on his tape that’s going to help you defend their never ending list of weapons. All you’re going to see is him throwing it to wide open guys all day long. What exactly do you plan to gather from watching that? Point being once they got CMC, they became unguardable even with a bottom tier qb. They aren’t something you can defend because KS mixes things up too much.

There is no such thing as an offense that is unguardable... It doesn't exist

There is a game plan for every single offense and defense... The greatest show on turf got stopped... The no huddle bills got stopped.. The undefeated Patriots got stopped

Kyle shanahan uses window dressing.. that's all that motion is.. Sean McDermott knows it too.. 

Don't even pay attention to it and play your technique... Pattern matching zone coverages, get your hands up at the line of scrimmage.. and bracket CMC

The bills do stuff to offenses that the rest of the league can't figure out.. now we took a lot of injuries but that doesn't mean an NFL defense doesn't have the answer.. even ours ... Sean can gameplan... Especially if he had two weeks before the super bowl

Because there's absolutely an answer 

Edited by Buffalo716

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

His athleticism and pocket mobility is way more than a tier below mahomes

He's got the easiest job out of any quarterback in the NFL... He's not a Creator like Patrick mahomes or Josh Allen

His athleticism is way below those two guys... He has fitz evel athleticism... Maybe less

Which is still not bad

4.5 ras score which is relative athleticism... Mahomes is in the 8s.. fitz in 7s...

They aren't in the same mold of an athlete, purdy and mahomes 

Small hands and limited arm. I was right about the supporting cast sustaining injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, gomper said:

This is some serious smashmouth Lake Erie football 

Very physical game today...the Browns were up to the task

That game had me wondering though...how many other teams can go toe to toe with SF in a slugfest like that for 60 minutes?  The Lions probably could, Eagles maybe.  Not sure how we would fare with the injuries on Defense and our inconsistent running game

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.