49ers: the new nfl villains ?

Italian Bills

1 hour ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Purdy has been exposed. Looks like the party is over.

Bit early for that.  The dude is now 12-2 in his career, and his playoff loss is when he was already hurt. He's 6 games into his second year.  Everyone has a bad game from time to time,  and Cleveland's defense is legit.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Bit early for that.  The dude is now 12-2 in his career, and his playoff loss is when he was already hurt. He's 6 games into his second year.  Everyone has a bad game from time to time,  and Cleveland's defense is legit.  

Exactly.  There is a reason the Browns have the #1 defense as that was our game at 1 along with the Fish in Tampa.  It didn’t help McCafrey, and Debo went out today.  Still, the 9 WRs were driving until the end, and shanked an easy FG.  

• 3 weeks later...

If Purdy hasn't exactly been "exposed" he's certainly quite limited.

And despite any perceived arrogance, I still root for the 49ers over many teams. If any AFC team besides the Bills makes the SuperBowl, except maybe for the Lions, I think I'll root for San Fran.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

It's definitely a coach tweet if you can make your QB look great for 3 quarters and when it actually matters he sucks.  That makes it even worse.

think of all the Bills comeback/4th quarter wins that didn't involve Allen doing something outrageous

Game managing QBs are not going to be bringing you back from late deficits very often. Do you blame Shanahan for overthrowing Sanders running wide open in the SB for example

also, the record of coaches being down 8+ points in the 4th quarter is generally going to suck i would imagine

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

think of all the Bills comeback/4th quarter wins that didn't involve Allen doing something outrageous

Game managing QBs are not going to be bringing you back from late deficits very often. Do you blame Shanahan for overthrowing Sanders running wide open in the SB for example

also, the record of coaches being down 8+ points in the 4th quarter is generally going to suck i would imagine

They have posted the numbers in the past. It pretty much sucks for everyone. When we are talking about the difference between a handful of games over an 8 year career, is kind of a nothing burger.

Bills record this year down 8+ points in the fourth is probably 0fer, right?

On 10/12/2023 at 5:25 AM, Italian Bills said:

Honestly, the arrogance lately showed from some of their players, in primis Samuel and Kittle, is something that make me starting hate that team, maybe even more than KC or Cincy. 

They are playing great if not the best football (weak conference), but their attitude is becoming pretty annoying. They would deserve a good beat in the face. 

Nah.  No one can top KC period.  

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

They have posted the numbers in the past. It pretty much sucks for everyone. When we are talking about the difference between a handful of games over an 8 year career, is kind of a nothing burger.

Bills record this year down 8+ points in the fourth is probably 0fer, right?

I would think everyone's record down 8+points in the fourth is going to be bad

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/12/2023 at 8:00 AM, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

People keep getting on me because I’ve been saying since the summer that they were going to win it all and that they’re going undefeated. I have an irrational hatred for them I guess. Glad to see others are jumping on board haha. 

Get ready though, this isn’t going to be their only ring over the next several years. They’re winning a few of them. Injuries is all that’s stopped them so far and all that can stop them now. They have HOF talent across the board and an INSANE amount of luck too. Every pass that should be picked off never is and every ball bounces their way. 

Cold takes exposed 

On 10/12/2023 at 7:23 AM, GunnerBill said:

They have the most arrogant coach in the league. The team reflects his personality. It is possibly the reason Kyle isn't Bills coach. The Pegulas interviewed him in the Rex Ryan process and hated him. 

how do you know they hated him (Serious question)

2 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

how do you know they hated him (Serious question)

I had a contact who was close to that 2015 search. The Kyle Shanahan interview lasted less than an hour and the Pegulas dismissed him immediately. They thought he came off entitled and arrogant. If is why even though in 2017 he was the hottest name in a headset they didn't bring him in again.

That 2015 search was a basket case though. The Pegulas were new owners and they had very little idea what they were doing or what they were looking for. Interviewed 11 or 12 people, got down to a shortlist of three and then overruled their GM to hire Rex.

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I had a contact who was close to that 2015 search. The Kyle Shanahan interview lasted less than an hour and the Pegulas dismissed him immediately. They thought he came off entitled and arrogant. If is why even though in 2017 he was the hottest name in a headset they didn't bring him in again.

That 2015 search was a basket case though. The Pegulas were new owners and they had very little idea what they were doing or what they were looking for. Interviewed 11 or 12 people, got down to a shortlist of three and then overruled their GM to hire Rex.

who did the GM want to hire.

On 11/3/2023 at 1:40 AM, GunnerBill said:

That’s interesting because I thought that was one problem while he was here

Rex Ryan is an arrogant ass that looks like we should be lucky to have him we had some pretty good talent on the team and he screwed it all up

• Agree 1

On 11/4/2023 at 1:45 AM, GunnerBill said:

Hue Jackson.

Yikes i would have gone with rex too 😅😅

Rex was a much better DC , definitely not HC material

McDermott is great but he needs to be more aggressive on 4th down and needs to have killer instinct all the time. Tampa should have never had a chance last week and we should have scored more TDs

• Agree 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:25 AM, Italian Bills said:

Honestly, the arrogance lately showed from some of their players, in primis Samuel and Kittle, is something that make me starting hate that team, maybe even more than KC or Cincy. 

They are playing great if not the best football (weak conference), but their attitude is becoming pretty annoying. They would deserve a good beat in the face. 

Don’t think any of them are puffing there chests out as of late 

56 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Yikes i would have gone with rex too 😅😅

Rex was a much better DC , definitely not HC material

McDermott is great but he needs to be more aggressive on 4th down and needs to have killer instinct all the time. Tampa should have never had a chance last week and we should have scored more TDs

And we may have lost

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

lost what

The game.

We may have scored more points and gotten more yards…..as if that matters.  We won the game.  We almost lost to a Hail Mary.  You say they never should’ve had a chance-  if we didn’t convert the 4th downs, they would’ve had an even better chance, so you don’t really know that to be true.  What if we went for it on 4th and got stopped….and actually lost the game….. instead of achieving our only true goal. Winning the game.  

We won.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.