Miami dealt a blow! - Achane out multiple weeks!

BillsDiehard

7 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

It's a loss, no doubt, but McDork has a very well-designed run game.  With Mostert, and now Jeff Wilson returning, I don't think that this will be a massive dropoff for Miami

Agree. Achane is great, but have you seen the holes he runs through on those long TDs? The dolphins oline and run scheme is just clicking.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Archane's achilles?  The achilles seems to be the injury of the week.

Knee?  Well, they're connected, aren't they? 🤔

spleen

37 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Health is always going to be the concern with this guy, he's just so tiny.  

same size as Hill

• Haha (+1) 1

I dislike injuries for anyone. But they are inevitable. That along with poor officiating are my least fav things about the NFL. They can not only level the playing field by making a juggernaut team average.  Hence we as fans are short changed from seeing what could have been with a team at full strength.

Injuries a la ****** when they rear their ugly heads like has happened this season it just sucks. Royal.

• Like (+1) 2

They used Achane so well to start the year.  They motion him to allow him to pick up speed, and then keeps everything to the outside and can speed past linebackers.

Really unfortunate for them, however they have the talent to overcome it.

What you dont want, is for this to be a recurring issue for a guy who is trying to make a career.  Still so young.

The kid is lightning. Hope he heals quick and gets back. Extremely fun to watch but I’m OK if he has a few aches and pains that keep him off the field when we play them in week 18. Kid is a terror.

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

It's a loss, no doubt, but McDork has a very well-designed run game.  With Mostert, and now Jeff Wilson returning, I don't think that this will be a massive dropoff for Miami

Mostert seems to have developed butterfingers. Can’t hang onto the ball.

Edited by Beast

Meh.

Typical modern RB problem.........especially a very small one like Achane.

With precious few exceptions(like Derrick Henry for example) the better, more durable athletes don't play RB anymore.

Dolphins still have Mostert, who is very fast too, when he isn't injured.

Achane was one of the faster RB's I have ever seen. But Miami's collision play style was bound to lead to injuries for that position which already has a lot of injuries. The Fins will be fine as they get Jeff Wilson back who can along with Mostert give them good production from the position. A blow to them for sure as I don't think Mostert or Wilson are as dynamic. 

On 10/10/2023 at 8:35 AM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Archane's achilles?  The achilles seems to be the injury of the week.

Knee?  Well, they're connected, aren't they? 🤔

On 10/10/2023 at 8:46 AM, aristocrat said:

Knee bone connected to the Achilles bone…

Sure, if you snap your Tibia and Fibula in half:cry: Oh wait, Milano:cry:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

On 10/10/2023 at 8:43 AM, SWATeam said:

Health is always going to be the concern with this guy, he's just so tiny.  

Reminds me of another track guy, Marquise Goodwin...if a defender so much as looked at Goodwin the wrong way he would be out for three weeks!🙂

Edited by Special K
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.