Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The Dolphins board brought up a point (yes, I hate to credit them anything, and take it with a grain of salt)

The Dolphins had been putting their man into motion right before the snap. And it works wonders because it caused confusion with assignments.

McDermott looked at this trend and realized it was a better cue than a snap count and used that the time rushers, meaning that whoever was coming on a blitz had a jump. With that, whenever the first read wasn't there Tua was rushed and made bad calls. 

I think that coupled with Tua's head was always looking in the direction of his first read at the snap allowed Rousseau and White to blitz from his left side without worrying about covering that side of the field.  Miami is going to need to throw a few times to opposite direction of the flow to counter that.

10 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Bummer disclaimer.

Anybody wanna talk about how impactful Miami's offensive line injuries were today? From being down their starting OC at kickoff, to losing their LT in-game...

That progression of o-line unavailability no doubt helped the Bills tremendously. Armstead left the game late in the 2nd quarter, right around the time the Bills defense was absolutely locking down the Dolphins offense.

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets bad calls from the refs.  

You have to overcome injuries.  Last year we lost pretty much the entire secondary and never had any games with all the starters - we still finished 13-3.   

Edited by Bob in STL
  • Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets ball calls from the ref.  

You have to overcome injuries.  Last year we lost pretty much the entire secondary and never had any games with all the starters - we still finished 13-3.   

After last year... and now we've already lost Tre for the season, I don't want to hear about injuries from other teams.  

Especially tired of the Joe Burrow stuff, given Allen played half of last year with an injury to his throwing elbow.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Bockeye said:

Did the Bills just give the league the playbook on how to stop the “high scoring” Miami Offense or is just because we have such a good D?

Lots of really good X’s and O’s Experts on this board - what say you??

McDermott definitely exposed a few things that other teams will use against Miami in the future. 

However, scheme alone only gets you so far - you have to have the horses and they have to execute. 

We have some very good, and even underrated, players on defense.  For example, most teams do not have LBs that fly to the ball like Milano and Bernard.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

After last year... and now we've already lost Tre for the season, I don't want to hear about injuries from other teams.  

Especially tired of the Joe Burrow stuff, given Allen played half of last year with an injury to his throwing elbow.  

I don’t want to hear anymore about the calf.

That happened in July.

He’s got round the clock care, and has played 4 games now. 

If he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs it would be story after story about what a warrior he is, what a leader he is.

Like you said, the media gave Allen 0 pass last year with the elbow. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah motion has to be very choreographed if you want that player to be able to hit the LOS at speed.......which, with enough tape, makes it a tell of both the likely play choice and when the ball will be snapped.

I've been listening to talking heads wonder in astonishment about how you stop it and I've been surprised that none of them had even mentioned it.

I mean there are certainly other ways to use motion. It can be used to force a defense to show who is supposed to cover in man, or make a bunch formation. We didn't completely invalidate its use.

But yes, it seems like a logical way to fight the "send Hill in motion to get a running start. Hill fast!" That seemed to be their passing playbook.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I don’t want to hear anymore about the calf.

That happened in July.

He’s got round the clock care, and has played 4 games now. 

If he threw for 300 yards and 3 TDs it would be story after story about what a warrior he is, what a leader he is.

Like you said, the media gave Allen 0 pass last year with the elbow. 

The excuses Burrow is receiving from the media over this calf is insane. Like hes the first QB to play injured. Injury or not he STINKS!

If he is the second best QB in the league, like many fans and media believed, you dont play this bad over a 4-game stretch ever.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not going to stifle conversation by closing it, but I'll unpin it after lunch.

oh i get it.

7 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

looking at what?

5 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

None of us play for the team though. 

i just don't want us to get too ful lof ourselves like the fins did after the 70 pt game

48 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Go to to FinHeaven and that is all they talk about.  They are the only team that gets injuries and the only team that gets bad calls from the refs.  

Hamlin+ Johnson entire game safties for the heat stroke game Miami won.

***** off with injury excuses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not just timing their rush with motion, but we have big tall defensive linemen especially our DEs.

There was a concerted effort to keep in Tua's throwing lanes and get the hands up.

After a few batted throws and a few that sailed off the mark because he was trying to throw over outstretched hands I think they got in Tua's head a bit.

Instead of him releasing the ball on schedule or at the top of his drop he was hesitating and was pulling it down and trying to get to his 2nd read or scramble.

That is when Tua and Miami's passing offense comes down to Earth and is susceptible to negative plays like every other offense.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

i just don't want us to get too ful lof ourselves like the fins did after the 70 pt game

100% agreed; praise and hype are murder on a football team.

But I am getting the sense this group just might be beyond that now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

Based on how angry Josh still seemed at the press conference, I don't think that will be an issue.  That hate he got for week 1 really seems to have gotten to him.  Dude has been on a mission ever since and I'm here for it

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Fine, you broke me.  What's the flower thing?  I keep seeing it, but don't know it's origin

Just ignore it and it will hopefulyl go away

40 minutes ago, boyst said:

i say this gets locked and closed at 1pm.

24 hour rule.

on to the next game.

None of the Bills are here. This may come as a surprise to some of us, myself included, but nothing we do here actually affects anything with the team. :P:P

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

None of the Bills are here. This may come as a surprise to some of us, myself included, but nothing we do here actually affects anything with the team. :P:P

No offense, but you may be unaware that we are 3-0 since I started wearing the lucky Bills T-shirt I caught at the home opener a couple years ago and make nachos. That is indisputable. 

You’re welcome!   😋

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

No offense, but you may be unaware that we are 3-0 since I started wearing the lucky Bills T-shirt I caught at the home opener a couple years ago and make nachos. That is indisputable. 

You’re welcome!   😋

Oh, let me clarify: Our in-home superstitions absolutely matter. My lucky blue underwear knows this as well.

My statement was specific to this board :lol::thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’re welcome!   😋

I would not be shocked it they have FO folks that scan these sites... free product feedback.

Josh said he deleted his Social Media accounts. I am sure players peek now and then, but probably not the healthiest habit to read your own press.

Would make the highs too high and the lows too low. Best to ignore the noise.

Edited by WideNine

49 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I just love, I mean LOVE how JA17 has the fishies number. If I had to choose one team where that was the case, it would definitely be MIA.

beating them is so much fun 

Allen also has the Pats number.  Since 2020 he's what 6 - 1 with the only loss being in a hurricane.  And the last 5 wins have been by double digit or more.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Undeniable.  But the entire thing was highly unusual.   Given McD's value of a family culture and Frazier being classy, well liked, and coaching a top ranked defense, I think it was the classiest way for a change to be made.  

I believe the primary motivation was at minimum McD realized the Frazier's lack of aggression and creativity was a problem for beating the top teams, especially in the playoffs. 

Classy won’t win you a championship. They should’ve canned him after 13 seconds. If they did we might have a title by now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Oh, let me clarify: Our in-home superstitions absolutely matter. My lucky blue underwear knows this as well.

My statement was specific to this board :lol::thumbsup:

Ummmm, have you SEEN what happens if Oldmanfan doesn't show up on Sunday morning?  Me neither, but I would NOT want to find out.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

2023: unwritten

2022: ineffable inaccurate fortune

2021: unfulfilled potential

2020: immature and premature ascension

2019: emerging and learning

2018: the foundation

2017: over realized potential

my point is that this team has had many moments of security and confidence met with the harsh realities that challenge the beliefs of not just themselves but everyone else. until they win that big playoff game i think everyone will be just quick to think paper tiger.

Edited by boyst
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.