Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t know man. 

Im more worried about him catching the ball in front of me and running wild. That reality and Tua’s deep ball inconsistency makes me wonder if baiting them deep would be beneficial 

(I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m serious)

If the bait is hey Tua your teams down by 20 points and your running out of time then yea I can get behind that type of baiting.

We are playing a good team so we must simply play smart, play well, execute, and make opportunities turn in our favor.

Good offense is a good defense.

Jam the WRs off the line

Make the officials call the penalties

We lack speed, so cover 2 would be hard - cover 1 is fine.

Rapp at MLB won't work. Bernard & Milano with a 3 man high octane rush.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Really. Last year we split in the regular season and struggled against Skylar Thompson led offense in the playoffs. 

We struggled against a Skylar Thomson led offense? Lol they had under 250 total yards

not to mention our pass rush without von this year has been significantly better than last and they still beat up Skylar all game  

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Really. Last year we split in the regular season and struggled against Skylar Thompson led offense in the playoffs. 

To be fair last year is last year. Things change from season to season, different players, different offensive and defensive adjustments. Last year really has no bearing on how Sunday will play out. 

Knock him on his azs a bunch of times, he is little and fragile, 

As others mentioned, need to "contain" the run with light boxes/without dropping down a safety.

Getting them into a lot of 3rd and 3-5, as being our strategy.  Then mix up the coverages/rushes to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Need a big game from our front 4 and keep the big plays to a minimum. Tackle well, is a must against a team with this much speed.

18 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t know man. 

Im more worried about him catching the ball in front of me and running wild. That reality and Tua’s deep ball inconsistency makes me wonder if baiting them deep would be beneficial 

(I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m serious)

If he gets behind you it's game over. If you keep him in front of you, you force him to change direction and possibly slow down for blockers.  It's not a guarantee as he can still run by you but at least you have a chance to stop him from taking it to the house  

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

I love basketball and appreciate that the best point guard doesn't have to score any points.  So far in three games, its hard to argue with T"ua the points guard's" results.  So the question is how should it be stopped.  

So far three professional NFL DC's did not have the answer.  I am sure I don't.  But I will start with a question/proposition:

I keep hearing how Tua is getting rid of the ball so quickly, that no pass rush can be effective.  If I assume that to be true, then why pass rush with more than 3 and just play 100% Dime.  The last thing Tua wants to do is run so we don't need to worry about that.  Seems like this might force Tua to wait for plays to develop, which is not what he seems to thrive.  Make Tua beat us deep. 

Milano blitz...just saying

45 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Knock him on his azs a bunch of times, he is little and fragile, 

But but but...he learned to roll.  He needs to demonstrate what he has learned, early and often.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

LOL!  Even then… that Saturday Night game against the Dolphins last season, they got theirs against our D.

Although, to be fair, we didn’t have Micah Hyde, Leonard Floyd, hell or TB43 for that game.  Plus, White was still pretty tentative out there.

And Sean McDermott was not our DC.

• Like (+1) 1

You need to move Tua off his first read, because that’s the only possible way to pressure him, and once that happens the advantage turns to Buffalo. 

How you do that is by maintaining your coverage discipline. No one in the NFL can keep up with Tyrke and Waddle in man in their crossers, posts, and post corners. Just not happening.

So you have to zone them, but you also have to be varying and disguising your coverage.

You have to be willing to let them grind up the field. 

Most importantly you can’t lose on first down to the run 

• Like (+1) 1

How many times could we have left Josh Allen in instead of taking him out early in the 4th quarter and dropped 60+ on the opponent? 

Miami is out to prove something this year and I hope Buffalo smashes their dreams next week. The DBs need to play physical and take whatever penalties that come to them. The DTs need to have a big game and force Tua out of the pocket. Allen and the offense need to keep rolling especially the running game. We need to do them what Miami does to us and keep their offense off the field w/ long sustaining drives. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

I love basketball and appreciate that the best point guard doesn't have to score any points.  So far in three games, its hard to argue with T"ua the points guard's" results.  So the question is how should it be stopped.  

So far three professional NFL DC's did not have the answer.  I am sure I don't.  But I will start with a question/proposition:

I keep hearing how Tua is getting rid of the ball so quickly, that no pass rush can be effective.  If I assume that to be true, then why pass rush with more than 3 and just play 100% Dime.  The last thing Tua wants to do is run so we don't need to worry about that.  Seems like this might force Tua to wait for plays to develop, which is not what he seems to thrive.  Make Tua beat us deep. 

New England had some success.  Held Miami to just 7 points in the second half.  If they had an actual offense they might have won the game.

16 minutes ago, appoo said:

A) don’t miss tackles 

B) discipline in your assignment 

C) control the gaps 

D) maintain the edge in the the run game 

Missing tackles is huge. All of this is on point. 

12 minutes ago, appoo said:

You need to move Tua off his first read, because that’s the only possible way to pressure him, and once that happens the advantage turns to Buffalo. 

How you do that is by maintaining your coverage discipline. No one in the NFL can keep up with Tyrke and Waddle in man in their crossers, posts, and post corners. Just not happening.

So you have to zone them, but you also have to be varying and disguising your coverage.

You have to be willing to let them grind up the field. 

Most importantly you can’t lose on first down to the run 

A) his quick read will test Bernard quickly. He could be a lynch pin factor.

B) we can let Tyreke run free and get in anyone's head. Laying a few good licks on him early could help but he could easily burn you any given play.

C) our cover 2 defense needs a Rocky type change. Learn to fight right handed. Learn to fight cover 1, cover 3, learn to play man this week.

D) if they want to fly down the field, so be it. McDaniels isn't going to be a fool. He will try to slow us down just like we will try to slow them down by playing defense. 

E) every yard on the ground counts because it is time. If we get a lead and by more than 10 I do not want to see one snap made with more than 6 seconds left on the game clock

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Stop the run game. That is the key. Once you have done that you can ignore the motion and the eye candy and play fast in zone coverage.

Agree with the first part. Not convinced making them one dimensional is enough though. We must somehow disrupt Miami's clean releases off the line as well. I'm a bit scared with our ancient back line

• Like (+1) 1

This may sound crazy, but…. Cover zero, play the corners close to the line, bump their receivers close to the LOS, take away the short yardage plays, delay the deep plays (even by an instant), rush five, and get to Tua as fast as ***** possible.  

In three games, Tua has only been sacked once (by Judon) He’s been waaay too comfortable. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.