Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t know man. 

Im more worried about him catching the ball in front of me and running wild. That reality and Tua’s deep ball inconsistency makes me wonder if baiting them deep would be beneficial 

(I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m serious)

If the bait is hey Tua your teams down by 20 points and your running out of time then yea I can get behind that type of baiting.

We are playing a good team so we must simply play smart, play well, execute, and make opportunities turn in our favor.

Good offense is a good defense.

Jam the WRs off the line

Make the officials call the penalties

We lack speed, so cover 2 would be hard - cover 1 is fine.

Rapp at MLB won't work. Bernard & Milano with a 3 man high octane rush.

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Really. Last year we split in the regular season and struggled against Skylar Thompson led offense in the playoffs. 

We struggled against a Skylar Thomson led offense? Lol they had under 250 total yards

not to mention our pass rush without von this year has been significantly better than last and they still beat up Skylar all game  

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Really. Last year we split in the regular season and struggled against Skylar Thompson led offense in the playoffs. 

To be fair last year is last year. Things change from season to season, different players, different offensive and defensive adjustments. Last year really has no bearing on how Sunday will play out. 

Knock him on his azs a bunch of times, he is little and fragile, 

As others mentioned, need to "contain" the run with light boxes/without dropping down a safety.

Getting them into a lot of 3rd and 3-5, as being our strategy.  Then mix up the coverages/rushes to get off the field on 3rd downs.

Need a big game from our front 4 and keep the big plays to a minimum. Tackle well, is a must against a team with this much speed.

18 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I don’t know man. 

Im more worried about him catching the ball in front of me and running wild. That reality and Tua’s deep ball inconsistency makes me wonder if baiting them deep would be beneficial 

(I know this sounds ridiculous, but I’m serious)

If he gets behind you it's game over. If you keep him in front of you, you force him to change direction and possibly slow down for blockers.  It's not a guarantee as he can still run by you but at least you have a chance to stop him from taking it to the house  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.