Stopping the Miami Offense (and Tua the wizard) - Lets hear the ideas.

Chaos

Just now, BillzFreak said:

Thank you, honestly I appreciate actual football insight instead of made up narratives that usually get spewed on here.

Yep been watching him a Ton ever since college. He lives in the middle as that is where they can hide the lack of arm talent. 

and why they need the run game to work really well for their passing to work need to bring those LBers up for space. 

like all games with Tua take his first read (likely a slant or crosser) away and you can fluster and HIT Him. And when he gets Hit he tends to break. That’s Tua 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, appoo said:

Keep in mind Tua has to be extremely situational on balls over 30- 40 yards. These are shots the WR have to basically win off the ball because he doesn’t have the velocity to win after that. 

No easy deep shots is rule number one.

Tua wins with timing. He doesn’t need the Josh Allen velocity.

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tua wins with timing. He doesn’t need the Josh Allen velocity.

He wins with his first read, to be more accurate. And McDaniel is incredible at giving him great first reads and Tua has elite release speed, eyes, accuracy and ball placement 

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

History dictates *this* is how you stop Tua (and Mike White)

IMG_5071.jpeg

In all seriousness, I have a feeling Tua is going to take some hits on Sunday. Milano’s wasn’t even the worst; remember when AJE absolutely destroyed him? 

I have a good feeling about our D against that O. Obviously they are going to get yards and score points. But I think we can generate some big plays on D, and hold them (to at least under 70!).

TD Epenesa has knocked Tua out with a rib injury a couple years ago and his hit on Tuna last year caused his first "spinal" injury.

Disrupt their WRs off the line, make Tuna hold it longer than he'd like.

Tackle ... Seemed like Denver couldn't tackle anything, worst I've ever seen.

Their OL isn't all that great, take advantage of that with some blitzing

A concussed Tua isn't very good, hit him early, hit him hard, hit him often. Make him put those falling lessons to work.

Set Floyd or Rousseau up to look like they're coming screaming off whichever edge Hill is running towards, then have them juke away from the blitz and annihilate Hill, just off the line. Eff the $#!+ out of atuna's timing, and put a beating on Woman-Beater Hill...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

17 hours ago, MJS said:

Well, they've played two mediocre teams (Chargers and Patriots) and one poor team (Broncos).

They've been impressive offensively, but let's not crown them the champs yet. They literally did this last year and couldn't sustain it.

You could say the same for what our D has faced though - Zach Wilson, Jimmy G, and Sam Howell. That's not even mediocre, we've pretty much faced the bottom of the barrel. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman
  • Like (+1) 1

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet in this thread or not, but we better have a plan for motions. So much of what Miami does is getting number advantages/getting leverage on your force defender through motioning. McDaniel is the best in the league at taking advantage of teams using motion right now. Going to be a lot on Bernard and/or the Secondary (depending on call) this week to make pre-snap adjustments to get us lined up correctly and in the correct coverage calls based off those motions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

51 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

IMO Tua and the Phins are the new Brees and Saints. 

Allen vs Tua is nowhere near being finished. 

I don't expect Tua to have a long NFL career.  Some guys are just unlucky with injuries, and some guys are legitimately injury-prone because they're undersized, lack situational awareness, or just lack the athleticism to deflect direct hits.  If there's one player in the NFL who I think fits the "injury prone" label, it's Tua.  Between the hip and all the concussions, I just don't see him lasting.  

Nothing against the guy.  Just calling it like I see it.  Tua does not have Dan Marino's ability to avoid damage.

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

His chart is ALWAYS the same. 

Bernard and Milano will be VERY KEY this week. 

allow them to pull those lanes and you control this offense. 

only works if you can get pressure with the front 4. 

middle pressure is KEY. 

so my concept

Groot and Oliver pressuring from Interior 

Floyd and Epenesa on outside 

Milano and Bernard in zones in those middle passing lanes

Hill bracketed

can even run some of that Cloud 3 umbrella that NE ran 

this COULD be a week Elam is activated over another Lber. 

IMG_9340.png

Evidence to me that ELAM will be active Sunday. 

IMG_9342.png

I love Benford, but after watching him get cooked yesterday my first thought was I wouldn’t mind having Elam running with Hill next week. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yep been watching him a Ton ever since college. He lives in the middle as that is where they can hide the lack of arm talent. 

and why they need the run game to work really well for their passing to work need to bring those LBers up for space. 

like all games with Tua take his first read (likely a slant or crosser) away and you can fluster and HIT Him. And when he gets Hit he tends to break. That’s Tua 

Couple of other things is that we need to do the darnest to limit the damage by Hill (hence your earlier comment on activating Elam, I am guessing). secondly, there would be opportunities for long limbed DEs Groot and AJE to bat passes.

I am not worried about their run game given how well our DL is playing. 

16 hours ago, boyst said:

C) our cover 2 defense needs a Rocky type change. Learn to fight right handed. Learn to fight cover 1, cover 3, learn to play man this week.

We've hardly played straight Cover 2 this year. We've played Cover 3 and Cover 1 more than any other coverage by quite a significant margin.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/25/2023 at 9:19 AM, warrior9 said:

/thread. 

They have not played a physical team yet. If you get in to a track meet, you lose. 

Abuse their OL, stop the run, get to Tua, keep everything in front of you. 

This aged pretty well. Except we won the track meet as well. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.