Christian Kirksey is retiring

Dablitzkrieg

On the bright side it Leaves space for another acquisition…, 

9 minutes ago, Gisele said:

I'm jealous.  I have two years to retirement and can't go a minute earlier.  I wish I could just spring it on my bosses and walk out.

Sure you can...you just won't get whatever benefits you would be receiving from them otherwise, but you can definitely retire.  It's a free country, you aren't their slave 😂

4 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Yes, I know it's crazy, but I generally develop an opinion once I actually have something to observe.

It is crazy to those that watch college football, watch film and read scouting reports.  Some people find it enjoyable to scout players.  

That’s not you.  Cool, but you shouldn’t expect anyone else not to have their own opinion of players just because you don’t choose to have an opinion.  

My original opinion of him-  very worried about his size, play strength and potential for injury.  Loved his instincts and ability to fly to the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sure you can...you just won't get whatever benefits you would be receiving from them otherwise, but you can definitely retire.  It's a free country, you aren't their slave 😂

There's the big question for us pians of how much your monthly soc sec check will be (while the feds are still paying it out)....pretty good variations on the amounts  between 62, 65, 67, and 70 years old. RN, Im shooting for 67. 😉

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

It is crazy to those that watch college football, watch film and read scouting reports.  Some people find it enjoyable to scout players.  

That’s not you.  Cool, but you shouldn’t expect anyone else not to have their own opinion of players just because you don’t choose to have an opinion.  

My original opinion of him-  very worried about his size, play strength and potential for injury.  Loved his instincts and ability to fly to the ball. 

Fair enough.  I understand that many enjoy what you describe as a hobby.  

I just think we often go too far making definitive proclamations. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

There's the big question for us pians of how much your monthly soc sec check will be (while the feds are still paying it out)....pretty good variations on the amounts  between 62, 65, 67, and 70 years old. RN, Im shooting for 67. 😉

Smart Man :)

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That would be quitting, not retiring.  Reduced pension if I quit.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, eball said:

LOL.  That's really all I can say.  Hope Bernard holds up physically, because he certainly hasn't looked out of place on the field.

it will be interesting to see how he plays if they run into an oline where the front 4 doesn’t dominate so well. Wk7 maybe 

Nothing really surprising, other than a lot of folks somehow saw him as the answer at MLB. Like a veteran baseball player signing a minor league contract in spring training with the idea that he'll be added to the roster by April 30 or be given his release. Bernard has been better than expected, and probably Kirksey was told he just wasn't in McD's plans for 2023. 

1 minute ago, billsbackto81 said:

I was thinking that as well. PS players make over 200k for 18 weeks. 

Most people don't make half that for an entire year. 

I think he will find out once he becomes a regular citizen making that kind of money is rare especially with no real work experience. 

17 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Fair enough.  I understand that many enjoy what you describe as a hobby.  

I just think we often go too far making definitive proclamations. 

I hear ya.  I recognize that I’m a novice and often incorrect.  I gave him around a 30% chance to be our starting Mike this season (and only that high because the competition was poor) and around a 15% chance of being our answer going forward 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Looking just at what he was guaranteed in his various contracts, it looks like he made about $40 million as an NFL player from 2014-22.

So I wouldn't be too worried about his post-NFL career opportunities.

That's a nice career, good luck to him.

Looking just at what he was guaranteed in his various contracts, it looks like he made about $40 million as an NFL player from 2014-22.

So I wouldn't be too worried about his post-NFL career opportunities.

That's a nice career, good luck to him.

but after taxes, agent fees etc. It's not nearly that amount. That said he'll likely have more in his bank than me when I retire. 

13 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

I never heard someone say "I retired from McDonald's after high school and got a real job"

Probably because they got another job.  I expect people on this board to have a reading comprehension of the English Language above 2nd grade.  Please re-read my post again and come up with a better response.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.