Christian Kirksey is retiring

Dablitzkrieg

Sorry he's leaving.  He was an important security blanket. 

But I like it when guys know their own minds.  As he began to be clear about what his role would be in Buffalo (and as Bernard was showing that he is a real obstacle to getting back on the field), he must have had a frank conversation with himself.   

He had a nice career.  I wish him well. 

• Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 6

I have to agree with those that think he may have signed here hoping to start, but sees the writing on the wall with Bernard locking down that spot.  

Still not great, because while Bernard looks the real deal early on, we don't have much behind him until/unless Dorian Williams can get up to speed at MLB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

LOL.  Amazing that this is now the sentiment about a guy that everyone hated and was just another wasted Beane pick!

Such a reactionary rollercoaster this place is.

this is every fan base.  Put up or shut up.  A 225 Mike that had an injury history in college and couldn’t unseat Tyrell Dobson until he, himself, got injured and missed the end of camp.  Not sure why anyone would have confidence in him prior to actually watching him play Mike vs an nfl team.  

now, I’ve seen him play and he’s looked decent. If he gets hurt, we could be in big trouble

did you think Bernard was going to be good?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

My guess is that he saw a quick path to the starting MLB job in Buffalo (just like the rest of us).

But after two weeks, it suddenly seems that Terrel Bernard has a pretty good chance of holding onto the job.

Doubt he wants to spend the whole season inactive and on the practice squad.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

did you think Bernard was going to be good?

I had no idea.  I don't pretend to know more than the paid professional decision makers.  All I knew was that he was a third round pick of this regime. 

It's about as useless as immediate draft grades.  We'll see when we see.

• Like (+1) 1

Hate to lose him. Great depth behind Bernard. Bernard is really small so hoping he can stay on the field all year. Don’t know that bringing back AJ Klein is the best move though. Yeah, he knows the system, but are there no other linebackers available with some athleticism on the street that are under 70 years old?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Blank Stare said:

Hate to lose him. Great depth behind Bernard. Bernard is really small so hoping he can stay on the field all year. Don’t know that bringing back AJ Klein is the best move though. Yeah, he knows the system, but are there no other linebackers available with some athleticism on the street that are under 70 years old?

Klein can always be counted on to be in the right position and know what he is supposed to do...might be a step slow getting there now, but trusting the player knows what he is doing is a huge thing in this defense because they are a technique and positional defense which requires all players to be on the same page to function at a high level.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I had no idea.  I don't pretend to know more than the paid professional decision makers.  All I knew was that he was a third round pick of this regime. 

It's about as useless as immediate draft grades.  We'll see when we see.

You mean that you don’t pretend to have an opinion.  Got it.  

It’s a message board….this is what people do on message boards. Give their opinions.  
🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

You mean that you don’t pretend to have an opinion.  Got it.  

It’s a message board….this is what people do on message boards. Give their opinions.  
🤷🏻‍♂️ 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Yes, I know it's crazy, but I generally develop an opinion once I actually have something to observe.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.