Meanwhile over in Bengal land, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth

Chaos

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:
1 hour ago, MPL said:

Don't the Bengals start 0-2 every year? 

They also have developed another trend of getting whooped by the browns seeming every time lol can’t imagine giving a qb big money that gets absolutely owned by a division rival. 

Yeah, that would definitely not fly around here... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Didn’t they also start 0-2 last year?  So should they be overreacting as history has proven they are more than capable to right their sinking ship!  I am, however , almost giddy after being robbed by three no call  personal fouls , one missed by a whole team of refs as said / admitted leg whip occurred during the game ending return , to see Lady karma jump into the lives of the JESTS , and the egomaniacal , Hiawatha /Kayawasca using, rules are for you not for me jab avoiding, new surgical tech seeking , dr shopping for KOBE’S Achilles surgeon , i will be the first to MANIFEST my early return for the “playoffs”,,,,,loveable MR RODGERS,,,,whose ship  (titanic) is being captained by WILSON ( not to be confused with the Tom Hanks  volleyball companion who was much more likeable) and seems highly more unlikely to even sniff  the postseason,  rendering said MANIFESTATION (long for infestation) by MR RODGERS ,,,,,mute!  Just a thought!  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

He reaggravated it. He is probably going to deal with it most of if not all year

freaking idiocy to rush him back the way it appears they did. but its not dumb bad luck, the bungles will always be the bungles with mike brown owning the team. mishap decisions like that seem to always follow the same owners. clev, arz, cinci, jets. some instances are coincidence, but the overall trend is never a coincidence, raw uncut cause and effect, top to bottom

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Didn’t they also start 0-2 last year?  So should they be overreacting as history has proven they are more than capable to right their sinking ship!  I am, however , almost giddy after being robbed by three no call  personal fouls , one missed by a whole team of refs as said / admitted leg whip occurred during the game ending return , to see Lady karma jump into the lives of the JESTS , and the egomaniacal , Hiawatha /Kayawasca using, rules are for you not for me jab avoiding, new surgical tech seeking , dr shopping for KOBE’S Achilles surgeon , i will be the first to MANIFEST my early return for the “playoffs”,,,,,loveable MR RODGERS,,,,whose ship  (titanic) is being captained by WILSON ( not to be confused with the Tom Hanks  volleyball companion who was much more likeable) and seems highly more unlikely to even sniff  the postseason,  rendering said MANIFESTATION (long for infestation) by MR RODGERS ,,,,,mute!  Just a thought!  

WTF?

• Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

WTF?

Just kidding ,,, but not a rodgers fan who had to go on a national show and profess how he will be the first to be back from Achilles surgery in the same year in time for the playoffs. It’s always got to be about him ,,,doesn’t care about the team without him. I’m sorry, not sorry, the guy is always smug. He also did all those things i sarcastically referred too.  

• Like (+1) 1

michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think many put Burrow ahead of him, but they aren’t exactly killing it over there. 17 points today.

Agree but they put him in the same league. 

No way. 

Tier I: Mahomes

Tier II: Reserved for space between Mahomes and the others 

Tier III: Decent QB’s
-JB
-Lawrence 
-Prescott 
-Tua
-Lamar
-Allen 
-Herbert 
Etc 

Tier IV: mediocre QB 

Tier IV: garbage QB’s
-Zach Wilson lol

They’re still crapping on Allen so screw them and their team. They’re not winning that division and might even miss the playoffs altogether. 

• Disagree 1

Burrow couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn today. He looked really bad. Much worse than the slow start last year. At least last year he was pushing it downfield. He just had too many turnovers.

This version of Burrow doesn’t look like he can confidently complete a pass. I kind of wonder if the injury is bothering him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MPL said:

don’t assume that. Bills fans are some of the most knowledgeable, patient and rational bunch when it comes to their team. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Burrow couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn today. He looked really bad. Much worse than the slow start last year. At least last year he was pushing it downfield. He just had too many turnovers.

This version of Burrow doesn’t look like he can confidently complete a pass. I kind of wonder if the injury is bothering him.

Imagine a calf injury affecting your ability to pass the football Vs a throwing elbow hyper extension which to some is just an excuse. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:
2 hours ago, MPL said:

don’t assume that. Bills fans are some of the most knowledgeable, patient and rational bunch when it comes to their team. 

Oh, not assuming anything. Just making a joke about Allen's struggles against the Jets over the past 2 years and how that played out on this message board over the past week. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Feels different in Cincinnati this year. Burrow is obviously hurt with an injury that will linger. They also seem out of sync in offense. Fans are much more down, because last year they lost two fluke games. This time they actually look really bad. They’ll figure it out of course, because there is too much talent. But they may lose the division if (and it’s a big if) Lamar doesn’t get injured.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

But who cares what the Bengals do? Until week 9 who cares. 

General fans of football for one? They're 0-2 and look terrible. If 30% of the board can rage out after the Bills can go 0-1, then I think it's okay to raise an eyebrow when the Bengals are 0-2 with an injured QB. You don't just go 0-2 and shrug it off because you did it last year, the fans clearly aren't. They're supposed to be a frontrunner, it's interesting.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BuffaloButt said:

This was our board last Tuesday!!

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

Edited by FrenchConnection

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

LOL I would bet money that in 2021, when the Chiefs were 3-3 after 6 games, you would have found some "fire Reid" clamoring in Chiefs Kingdom.

Rams could be a get-right game.  Kind of depends upon which Matthew Stafford shows up.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Imagine a calf injury affecting your ability to pass the football Vs a throwing elbow hyper extension which to some is just an excuse. 

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.  Are you implying a calf injury does not affect a QB's throwing ability? 

It's my understanding that throwing a football at a professional level starts with the feet and legs and sequences through the hips, torso, shoulder, and arm

Isn't that what Josh has talked about with changing his throwing motion, that when it was mapped he learned that he wasn't sequencing correctly so that his throwing motion was all upper body, and that to achieve accuracy he had to learn to change his motion so he harvested power from his feet?  Hasn't Burrow talked about improving his throwing velocity by how he used his feet, planting more firmly and pushing off with more force?

Edit:  here

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33304/how-joe-burrows-improved-velocity-could-have-bengals-thinking-playoffs

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/23/jordan-palmer-joe-burrow-improved-throw-velocity-bengals/

Anyway, if a UCL is an excuse, surely a calf injury is an excuse, but I think they both can significantly impact throwing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Zac Taylor was the coach here Bills fans would have shown up at his house with pitchforks or spray painted a ***** on his front lawn. 

He is a sub .500 career coach who has been very lucky to, at the same time, have a good qb on a rookie contract and still pick top 5 in the draft during that time period. 

One team I will never have any respect for.  

Note:  The starred out word isn't what you think it is.  Very scientific term.

Edited by thenorthremembers

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Zac Taylor was the coach here Bills fans would have shown up at his house with pitchforks or spray painted a ***** on his front lawn. 

He is a sub .500 career coach who has been very lucky to, at the same time, have a good qb on a rookie contract and still pick top 5 in the draft during that time period. 

One team I will never have any respect for.  

Note:  The starred out word isn't what you think it is.  Very scientific term.

I’d like to buy a vowel.

• Haha (+1) 3

12 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I take no joy in another fanbase’s misery unless it’s the Patriots.  

I take joy in just about every fanbase's misery, because it's just football and it is probably the most harmless thing to practice a little schadenfreude in.

Edited by MJS

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

Four of Zac Taylor's five seasons as coach of the Bengals have started 0-2

Ok well in the spirit and context of the discussion, and in that case are they really ok?

2-14 2019 (did start 0-2)

4-11 2020 (did start 0-2)

10-7 2021 (did not start 0-2)

12-4 2022 (did start 0-2)

0-2 2023

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.