Meanwhile over in Bengal land, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth

Chaos

8 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

Zac Taylor is in the bottom half of coaches in the league imo he just has an absurd amount of talent at the skill positions because they got an early first rounder after the year burrow was out.  their DC should be the head coach…he’s doing a lot more with less compared to what Taylor is doing 

could be some wishful thinking but I think their superbowl aspirations take a big hit when they inevitably lose Higgins 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I take no joy in another fanbase’s misery unless it’s the Patriots.  

Or the cowboys.  That team could go 0-17 and it's still not enough for me.  The Death star draft room they had was arguably the Douchiest thing I've ever witnessed on draft day hands down.  

obsess much?   lol yep.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Good to see every fanbase responds to its Quarterback playing poorly by asking for the coach to be fired. 

The bengals fans seem to be upset that burrows is not being rested until recovered. With a big emphasis on the Jamar Chase warning that Burrows was not ready just before the season started.   

12 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Didn’t they also start 0-2 last year?  So should they be overreacting as history has proven they are more than capable to right their sinking ship!  I am, however , almost giddy after being robbed by three no call  personal fouls , one missed by a whole team of refs as said / admitted leg whip occurred during the game ending return , to see Lady karma jump into the lives of the JESTS , and the egomaniacal , Hiawatha /Kayawasca using, rules are for you not for me jab avoiding, new surgical tech seeking , dr shopping for KOBE’S Achilles surgeon , i will be the first to MANIFEST my early return for the “playoffs”,,,,,loveable MR RODGERS,,,,whose ship  (titanic) is being captained by WILSON ( not to be confused with the Tom Hanks  volleyball companion who was much more likeable) and seems highly more unlikely to even sniff  the postseason,  rendering said MANIFESTATION (long for infestation) by MR RODGERS ,,,,,mute!  Just a thought!  

Are you on speed while giving yourself a caffeine enema or something?   Wow

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Zac Taylor is in the bottom half of coaches in the league imo he just has an absurd amount of talent at the skill positions because they got an early first rounder after the year burrow was out.  their DC should be the head coach…he’s doing a lot more with less compared to what Taylor is doing 

could be some wishful thinking but I think their superbowl aspirations take a big hit when they inevitably lose Higgins 

We also got an early first rounder when Josh was a rookie on a terrible team. Ours just wasn’t a great player lmao.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Exactly. But people here think that Zac Taylor is an “offensive genius” who “outcoached” McDermott. People here in Cincinnati want him fired. Unless you’re a chiefs fan there is a substantial portion of your fellow fans who want the coach fired.

the Bengals host the Rams and then go to Tennessee. They don’t get their “get right” game until they go to Arizona after that. They have a real chance to be 0-4.

They’re definitely beating Tennessee, but 1-3 is a very real possibility. The AFC is gonna beat the crap out of each other so I think the 1 seed will be around 12-13 wins. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's see what they say today on 1530 with Mo Eger. 

They started 0-2 last year, had O-Line problems, Burrow no Training Camp for 4 years in a row now and their fans on 980 AM, 1530 AM and 1410 AM down here all are banking on getting hot like they have been. 

Difference may be: is Burrow's calf reinjured? Can he plant and drive the football? 

Also, the Lou Anarumo secondary has been torchable against the deep pass in 2-games this year. DeShaun Watson underthrew 2-3 longballs in Week One or that score is more lopsided. 

The Ravens were also able to push the Bengals around in the run game. 

On the positive for the Bengals, was Burrow had 35 yards passing in the first half. But he ended the game with over 200 and got Tee Higgins involved. So try and build off that and a weak upcoming schedule. 

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here.  Are you implying a calf injury does not affect a QB's throwing ability? 

It's my understanding that throwing a football at a professional level starts with the feet and legs and sequences through the hips, torso, shoulder, and arm

Isn't that what Josh has talked about with changing his throwing motion, that when it was mapped he learned that he wasn't sequencing correctly so that his throwing motion was all upper body, and that to achieve accuracy he had to learn to change his motion so he harvested power from his feet?  Hasn't Burrow talked about improving his throwing velocity by how he used his feet, planting more firmly and pushing off with more force?

Edit:  here

https://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/33304/how-joe-burrows-improved-velocity-could-have-bengals-thinking-playoffs

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/07/23/jordan-palmer-joe-burrow-improved-throw-velocity-bengals/

Anyway, if a UCL is an excuse, surely a calf injury is an excuse, but I think they both can significantly impact throwing.

100% correct, both injuries effect the QBs ability to perform. Josh Allen continuing to win games while playing injured looks to be the difference at this point.

The calf injury is worrisome. 

That’s where them being 0-2 is concerning. 

If Burrow was healthy, you’d think they could get it together, starting with an interesting, but certainly winnable game, against the Rams.  

Now they have to decide whether to play him and risk serious injury or let him rest and risk dropping to 0-3. 

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Bengals will be fine if Burrow is healthy.  But he's not healthy.  

They can sit him for a few weeks but risk falling further and further in the standings.  

Or have him play less than 50% and take the risk.

I mean for wildcard purposes sure, but 0-2 in the division makes that next game against the ravens an absolute must win.  Lose that one and they’ve gotta make up 4 games on baltimore the rest of the way to win the division

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

What I find most amusing in all of this, relates to the ridiculous power rankings that various sports media outlets publish.  Bengals were consistently in the top two or three.  Granted, Burrow is injured but they have a number of other issues on their team.  Their secondary is not good.  They just made Lamar Jackson look like Dan Marino.  The o-line continues to play poorly and Burrow continues to take hits.  They have a lot of talented receivers but an average roster overall.  This does not make them a consistent championship contender.

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The calf injury is worrisome. 

That’s where them being 0-2 is concerning. 

If Burrow was healthy, you’d think they could get it together, starting with an interesting, but certainly winnable game, against the Rams.  

Now they have to decide whether to play him and risk serious injury or let him rest and risk dropping to 0-3. 

If they're going to do it better to do it against an NFC team like the Rams.

I can see this now....

-Burrow goes out next week and ends up getting seriously injured.

-The Bengals trade Tee Higgins for another 1st and change at the deadline. Higgins signs long term contract with new team.

-Bengals finish 2-15, get the #2 overall pick and draft Marvin Harrison Jr. 5 more years of young elite WR play in a cheap contract.

As I said all offseason...Bengals won't win that division and Burrow is overrated.  Not saying he isn't good, but he isn't as good as he is made out to be.  He gets over hyped because the Bengals reached the SB once behind his defense shutting down Mahomes to 3 points in the 2nd half of the AFCCG.  

1 hour ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

What I find most amusing in all of this, relates to the ridiculous power rankings that various sports media outlets publish.  Bengals were consistently in the top two or three.  Granted, Burrow is injured but they have a number of other issues on their team.  Their secondary is not good.  They just made Lamar Jackson look like Dan Marino.  The o-line continues to play poorly and Burrow continues to take hits.  They have a lot of talented receivers but an average roster overall.  This does not make them a consistent championship contender.

They have not solved the oline since the moment Burrow arrived. It has been bad. It probably cost them a Superbowl title. Their corners have never been great, but they had very good safety play that helped cover for that weakness. Both safeties have now gone and they are exposed. Joe clearly isn't 100% which shows how much they rely on him to carry things. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Didn’t they also start 0-2 last year?  So should they be overreacting as history has proven they are more than capable to right their sinking ship!  I am, however , almost giddy after being robbed by three no call  personal fouls , one missed by a whole team of refs as said / admitted leg whip occurred during the game ending return , to see Lady karma jump into the lives of the JESTS , and the egomaniacal , Hiawatha /Kayawasca using, rules are for you not for me jab avoiding, new surgical tech seeking , dr shopping for KOBE’S Achilles surgeon , i will be the first to MANIFEST my early return for the “playoffs”,,,,,loveable MR RODGERS,,,,whose ship  (titanic) is being captained by WILSON ( not to be confused with the Tom Hanks  volleyball companion who was much more likeable) and seems highly more unlikely to even sniff  the postseason,  rendering said MANIFESTATION (long for infestation) by MR RODGERS ,,,,,mute!  Just a thought!  

I love some good free relating…, 👍

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They have not solved the oline since the moment Burrow arrived. It has been bad. It probably cost them a Superbowl title. Their corners have never been great, but they had very good safety play that helped cover for that weakness. Both safeties have now gone and they are exposed. Joe clearly isn't 100% which shows how much they rely on him to carry things. 

Their front 4 isn't playing well either.  They absolutely manhandled buffalo in the playoffs a year ago, we struggle with big stout DT teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Their front 4 isn't playing well either.  They absolutely manhandled buffalo in the playoffs a year ago, we struggle with big stout DT teams.  

We have certainly. Last year having a known finesse center and the worst starting guard combo in football didn't help.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think so.  Bengals window is closed.

I don't think their window is closed but if, as looks likely, the Burrow calf issue is going to linger all season then they are done for 2023. Even more than the Bills or the Chiefs that team goes as its passing game goes. Take away Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who is the next best player on the team? 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

I don't think their window is closed but if, as looks likely, the Burrow calf issue is going to linger all season then they are done for 2023. Even more than the Bills or the Chiefs that team goes as its passing game goes. Take away Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who is the next best player on the team? 

It was more of a joke aimed at that poster and the people that said the Bills window is shut ha. I don't think the Bengals go that far with his calf injury this year either. That seems like something that either he needs to be taken out and heal up, will linger all season, or it will get worse and become an achiles.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't think so.  Bengals window is closed.

Closed? Seriously?  They lost two games …..with an injured QB under center.  

I do think their very chances may be behind them but the same was said about the chiefs and then they won again last year.  

I don’t know if we’ll see them field the quality of team that beat us last season but I think their window will be open for few more years at least  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.