Meanwhile over in Bengal land, there is weeping and gnashing of teeth

Chaos

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Closed? Seriously?  They lost two games …..with an injured QB under center.  

I do think their very chances may be behind them but the same was said about the chiefs and then they won again last year.  

I don’t know if we’ll see them field the quality of team that beat us last season but I think their window will be open for few more years at least  

read above. It was a joke lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Good. 

Bengals turned from the loveable underdogs, to the arrogant jerks.

They act like they are the 3x Super Bowl champs

100% agree. Not only the team but the fanbase as well. I give them credit for how they handled the Hamlin situation, but once the missed game affected them negatively they were intolerable. I’m not going to say I wouldn’t be a bit miffed if that happened to us, but the way they went about voicing their displeasure left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Then leading up to and after their playoff win against us they showed their true colors. Slimy. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

100% agree. Not only the team but the fanbase as well. I give them credit for how they handled the Hamlin situation, but once the missed game affected them negatively they were intolerable. I’m not going to say I wouldn’t be a bit miffed if that happened to us, but the way they went about voicing their displeasure left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Then leading up to and after their playoff win against us they showed their true colors. Slimy. 

That was all Zac Taylor's doing. The Bengals were moping around the locker room just like the Bills. Taylor took the slight from the league to get the team into an "us against the world" mindset and they took the whole city along for the ride. I'm not saying that McDermott should have gone that far, but he needed to do something to get the team to stop moping.

This 0 - 2 start seems different than last year.  Burrow is clearly hurt and the Steeler loss last year was truly flukey.  Special teams let them down. 

I would be worried if I was a Bengals fan.   Last year they had a lost against an NFC team.   Now they are 0 - 2 in the division already. 

Rams are not a push over like last year either. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think their window is closed but if, as looks likely, the Burrow calf issue is going to linger all season then they are done for 2023. Even more than the Bills or the Chiefs that team goes as its passing game goes. Take away Burrow, Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who is the next best player on the team? 

Trey Hendrickson

27 minutes ago, Billl said:

Trey Hendrickson

It is either him or DJ Reader and yet neither are elite and nobody looks at the Bengals DLine and says "wow what a force". I think if you take their pass game away there isn't much left that stands out. Whereas at least in the last two seasons you have had "elite safety duo" as well as elite pass game. Don't get me wrong with a healthy Joe Burrow Cincy have enough pieces to be a contender still. But they are overall weaker as a team in 2023 IMO.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is either him or DJ Reader and yet neither are elite and nobody looks at the Bengals DLine and says "wow what a force". I think if you take their pass game away there isn't much left that stands out. Whereas at least in the last two seasons you have had "elite safety duo" as well as elite pass game. Don't get me wrong with a healthy Joe Burrow Cincy have enough pieces to be a contender still. But they are overall weaker as a team in 2023 IMO.

Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hendrickson, and Reader is a pretty impressive lineup of stars.  Compare that to taking away Josh, Diggs, and Milano from the Bills (maybe throw Von in there if he ever comes back healthy).  Maybe I just don’t understand what you’re getting at because they’ve got depth of top end talent that very few rosters can match.  I don’t know how many teams have a 7th best player who would bump someone off that list.

3 hours ago, Billl said:

Burrow, Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Mixon, Hendrickson, and Reader is a pretty impressive lineup of stars.  Compare that to taking away Josh, Diggs, and Milano from the Bills (maybe throw Von in there if he ever comes back healthy).  Maybe I just don’t understand what you’re getting at because they’ve got depth of top end talent that very few rosters can match.  I don’t know how many teams have a 7th best player who would bump someone off that list.

Maybe von.  Lol.  The guy singlehandedly stopped your championship offense last season. 

You can’t bet he’s going to be elite.  

I wouldn’t include Boyd or Mixon as stars. Neither are in the same league as Rousseau or Ed for that matter.  I think Leonard floyd and daquan jones are better as well.  We’ll see about Micah Hyde, but going into last season, he was better than both too.  

They have a great top 5 and they play premium positions.  I just think the loss of Bates and Bell is huge and has them as a lesser team in 2023 compared to last year.  That could change in future years but I think we’re the better roster currently.  We just have to wait and see what the nfl injury gods have to say about it

• Like (+1) 1

Burrow is tougher than he is durable. Burrow is a shadow of his healthy self. Compare Burrow’s injury to Allen’s elbow or Mahomes high ankle and it’s clear that everything needs to be right for Burrow to function at a high level. In many way this is the comparison to Tua. Great when healthy, but average to meh when dinged. The NFL regular season is a battle of attrition, and it seems the Bengals won’t be right anytime soon. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Billl said:

I think Mixon is washed. My point is take away Burrow and your effectiveness of the next three on the list: Chase, Higgins and Boyd is significantly reduced. So much of their strength is centred on the passing game. If Joe Burrow isn't healthy it takes a huge chunk out of their team. Other than Mixon I agree on the list.... but three of them are dependent on a fourth to make it go.

14 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

That was all Zac Taylor's doing. The Bengals were moping around the locker room just like the Bills. Taylor took the slight from the league to get the team into an "us against the world" mindset and they took the whole city along for the ride. I'm not saying that McDermott should have gone that far, but he needed to do something to get the team to stop moping.

That’s fair. I guess you have to do something in that situation and it wouldn’t have made much sense for us to go that route considering the world was pretty much pro-Bills from that point on. 

I could see it being kind’ve difficult trying to convince the team to get to where you need to be for game day when that team showed you so much love a few weeks earlier. 

I feel like that’s partly what contributed at to Diggs displeasure. He needs no help getting motivated and ready for gameday, and I bet he could feel that others weren’t on the same page. 

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

A total aside, but the Bengals sniping DJ Reader out from under us like 5 years ago is one of those low key moves that changed both of our franchises and still affects decisions today. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Better be careful with that calf injury to ensure it doesn't turn into a Durant situation where the achilles gives out from continual stress on it.

Not a good sign that he rested it for so long and STILL is having issues.

This is the exact scenario I keep thinking about, it’s mind boggling that he’s played these 2 games.

You just made him the highest paid player in history then trot him out there injured lol. These are the moments you’re reminded the Bengals are the Bengals.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Pretty tame IMO. This board loses it's collective mind with every loss. The Bills have the most reactionary fanabse by far.

Last week’s reactions were somewhat justified being that Allen may have played his worst game. The stat dusting this week is the recovery effort.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Last week’s reactions were somewhat justified being that Allen may have played his worst game. The stat dusting this week is the recovery effort.

It's like that every time this team loses. Aren't you a dolphins fan anyhow?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Criticizing his play, sure.  Acting like he isn't elite but instead garbage and acting like the team is done after one week is a different story.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

It's like that every time this team loses. Aren't you a dolphins fan anyhow?

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Criticizing his play, sure.  Acting like he isn't elite but instead garbage and acting like the team is done after one week is a different story.

do you remember the poster chris66?  i'm 95% sure that's him.  both gained something by being petty on a message board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Burrow is definitely hurting.  I have no doubt about how good he is.  I think that calf injury is affecting him.

But pundits and fans sure were quick to anoint KC/Cincy & Mahomes/Burrow as #1 & #2 (not unlike last year, where it was KC/Buffalo).  It's going to be interchangeable every year, with more teams in the mix.  I think the "big 3" in the AFC this year will actually be Baltimore, Miami & Buffalo.  

Overall, I'm encouraged about the landscape for the Bills.  Going into the season, the AFC looked brutal.  Teams like KC, Cincy, Jax, the Chargers - all look more beatable than I would have expected.  Obviously, it's early, but I think we have a good shot of breaking out of the pack this year.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

Burrow is definitely hurting.  I have no doubt about how good he is.  I think that calf injury is affecting him.

But pundits and fans sure were quick to anoint KC/Cincy & Mahomes/Burrow as #1 & #2 (not unlike last year, where it was KC/Buffalo).  It's going to be interchangeable every year, with more teams in the mix.  I think the "big 3" in the AFC this year will actually be Baltimore, Miami & Buffalo.  

Overall, I'm encouraged about the landscape for the Bills.  Going into the season, the AFC looked brutal.  Teams like KC, Cincy, Jax, the Chargers - all look more beatable than I would have expected.  Obviously, it's early, but I think we have a good shot of breaking out of the pack this year.

the big surprise to me is what dumpster fires the AFCN and AFCW appear to be.  KC has absolutely nothing to worry about and I expect the Bengals to emerge on top in the North.  I thought Pittsburgh or Cleveland might emerge as a real threat but that is not going to happen.  I don't think the Ravens are an elite team, although they are certainly good.  The AFCS just looks pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, teef said:

do you remember the poster chris66?  i'm 95% sure that's him.  both gained something by being petty on a message board.

I always knew Chris66 would stop posting here when the tables turned w/ the Bills & Pats.  His act was so obvious - and he'd always give the usual "I'm just here for the good football discussion," while taking one potshot after another at the Bills and their futility at that time.

1 minute ago, Success said:

I always knew Chris66 would stop posting here when the tables turned w/ the Bills & Pats.  His act was so obvious - and he'd always give the usual "I'm just here for the good football discussion," while taking one potshot after another at the Bills and their futility at that time.

and does that remind you of anyone on here now?

he was strange.  i think he attached his self worth to how the pats were playing.  he would even take quotes from the bills board and post them on the pats forum so he could make fun of the comments. no that the pats are terrible, there's a new poster with a new name acting very similar.    i have no idea why anyone would spend their time doing that, and i waste a decent amount of time on here.

• Like (+1) 3

Burrow is elite, but part of the fear for Bills fans is due to how our Defense matched up with him last year.

-Meh pass rush

-Lack of disguise/creativity

-Corners playing bend/don't break coverage much of the game

-Compromised Safety play due to injuries

That's about as bad of a recipe in defending Joe Burrow as it gets.  He has elite WR's and is a cerebral QB that is more than willing to underneath/intermediate throws all game.

Why is it he's been mediocre in almost every other playoff game aside from his matchup against us?   Why is it he struggles against every defense in the AFCN?

IMO.. Allen and Mahomes are on another level, with Mahomes separating himself due to Super Bowl victories and week in/week out consistency.   Burrow is a less talented version of those two, but with better weapons.   And I'm honestly sick of pretending otherwise. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Missed camp so rhythm is definitely off too.  Those corner routes, back shoulder throws, rpo's... so much of that is timing and windows and without reps you just don't get there.  

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Burrow is elite, but part of the fear for Bills fans is due to how our Defense matched up with him last year.

-Meh pass rush

-Lack of disguise/creativity

-Corners playing bend/don't break coverage much of the game

-Compromised Safety play due to injuries

That's about as bad of a recipe in defending Joe Burrow as it gets.  He has elite WR's and is a cerebral QB that is more than willing to underneath/intermediate throws all game.

Why is it he's been mediocre in almost every other playoff game aside from his matchup against us?   Why is it he struggles against every defense in the AFCN?

IMO.. Allen and Mahomes are on another level, with Mahomes separating himself due to Super Bowl victories and week in/week out consistency.   Burrow is a less talented version of those two, but with better weapons.   And I'm honestly sick of pretending otherwise. 

The only issue with Burrow is he doesn't have the best pocket prescience nor offensive line which causes him to get hit a bit much for his own good. 

43 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

huh... now that you mention it.  Yes.

Are you trying to say that he is not?

Well he is a Tua fan after all…,

• Like (+1) 1

Listening to Zach Taylor and Joe B Monday it was more of the same. 

Nothing is wrong, it's a long season, this is how we started last year, we understand this is a marathon, the road still goes through us. 

And I do think they started to figure things out in the 2nd half. The had a punt return TD that put the Ravens O right back onto the field, so TOP got lopsided. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

Chris was a Pats fan and didnt deny it, this dude has been around since the BBMB with the same name, still same schtick

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.