What will we be saying at around 4 pm on Sunday?

eball

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

We suck, fire everybody ... And if we lose it'll be really bad here.

If we lose to the Raiders in the home opener we deserve everything we get. 

Agree with eball.  

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

"I am glad the Bills were up by 12 with 5 minutes to go so I was able to beat the traffic"?

Or, "getting outta here is gonna suck."

I'm eager to hear the parking sitrep.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, julian said:

It will be unfulfilling even with the W, as will be the Washington W

week 4 against the Dolphins will be our first opportunity to feel the train is back on track

My thoughts exactly. Wish this week was a tougher opponent. Even with 2 W’s, I won’t feel very comfortable heading into the game against Miami. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

I think Josh is going to continue to be his new shaky self. I expect at least one turnover. Probably a better game than his Jets meltdown, but nothing has seem to gotten through this dudes’ brain in the past, I have no idea why anyone would think this Jets game would be different.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think Josh is going to continue to be his new shaky self. I expect at least one turnover. Probably a better game than his Jets meltdown, but nothing has seem to gotten through this dudes’ brain in the past, I have no idea why anyone would think this Jets game would be different.

I have friend at the local establishment where I watch Bills games who is a Raiders fan but also a big fan of Allen.  He said someone needs to sit him (Allen) down and tell him to get his shite together.  He noted how "your prior OC" used to sit with Allen on the bench between series but now Allen sits alone.  Nothing that hasn't been said ad nauseum here but interesting that fans of other teams see what we see.  FWIW he also said he thinks the Bills are going to win big.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I have friend at the local establishment where I watch Bills games who is a Raiders fan but also a big fan of Allen.  He said someone needs to sit him (Allen) down and tell him to get his shite together.  He noted how "your prior OC" used to sit with Allen on the bench between series but now Allen sits alone.  Nothing that hasn't been said ad nauseum here but interesting that fans of other teams see what we see.  FWIW he also said he thinks the Bills are going to win big.

best post on here today.

Dorsey needs to be on the sideline to communicate better with Allen

2 hours ago, eball said:

What say you all?

I wasn't shocked. Pissed off was a better description for me.  The fact is that the Bills were on the road playing one of the best D's in football.  Allen picked a bad night to have a brain fart.  But it was one game and reminded me so much of the Pitt opening game loss in 2021.

I will be shocked if after this season is over the Bills miss the playoffs and half of Allen's games look like Monday night.  At that point we'll have Jamison Winston as our QB.  But I think the exact opposite will happen and Allen will have another 40 plus TD and 4,500 plus total yardage season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Unfortunately I agree with this. Aside from a game or two, Josh has not been ‘himself’ since the middle of last season. He has been a complete turnover machine, and seems to get visibly rattled. It’s like he gets the yips. 

I blame Dorsey very much as well. I think he’s absolutely awful and I have zero confidence in his ability to 1) call a great game against a great team, and 2) be an Allen-whisperer when he needs it most. 

I expect we win on Sunday… but something tells me we’re all going to want to be throwing things at our tv on a few occasions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.