Week 2, Rayduhs v. Bills - Predict the Score

Freddie's Dead

Congratulations again to last week's winner, @JaCrispy !  This week the Rayduhs come to town after their win over the Broncos at Mile High last week.  I foresee a long afternoon for Janeane Garoppolo, with at least two haircuts from Leonard Floyd "The Barber", and a couple of Groot-flavored pancakes.  Josh lays off the Skittles and Halloween candy and has hisself a day for the home opener.  I don't see this game as even remotely close.

Rayduhs - 10

Beews - 34

Past Winners

Week 1 - @JaCrispy

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Josh Allen and his 70 percent completion percentage will be the Josh of old and throw for 300 and get 3 tds. 
Bills pass rush should get home on Jimmy G and cause him issues as the Raiders oline is as bad as the Jets.

Brandon Jacobs will break off a few let the raiders shrink the game but it won’t matter.

31-14 Buffalo 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 2

Raiders have an offense. Adams, Jacobs and if he's cleared from concussion protocol Myers are all good players. Renfrow is lurking there as well and as bad a HC as he can be, Josh McDaniels can call a good game. Jimmy G can do just enough.

Their defense isn't horrible. It's not great, but not horrible and it gets better for them if they take Chandler Jones off double secret probation and allow him to play. But after facing a great Jet defense it's a much easier task at home this week.

I have the Bills winning this one:

33-20

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Bills 19 Raiders 16

Offense still off, the Bills reign Josh in and go conservative. He still throws 1 pick. But then leads a 2 minute drive into FG range and Bass wins it at the buzzer.

ugh i hate that this is the most sensible reply

maybe Bass goes on the official program next year like the good old days

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't think Dorsey/McDermott go conservative with Josh.  I think they have him get the ball out quickly like early in the Jets game.  

Take their chances downfield once the Raiders starting creeping up.

I expect a lot of play action.  I mean you have to.  

This isn't the Jets defense.  I expect Allen to see more windows.

I think you will see Cook get 100 on the ground.

Bills 33 

Raiders 16

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think the Raiders are a tough out. I think they are a little better then average football fans think.

The Bills home opener after a very disappointing loss. That's not good news for the Raiders. I believe the Bills just have too much going in their favor for the Raiders to overcome. 

Raiders 16

Bills 24

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Josh Allen and his 70 percent completion percentage will be the Josh of old and throw for 300 and get 3 tds. 
Bills pass rush should get home on Jimmy G and cause him issues as the Raiders oline is as bad as the Jets.

Brandon Jacobs will break off a few let the raiders shrink the game but it won’t matter.

31-14 Buffalo 

Wow! Brandon Jacobs still playing?

Bills 51

Raiduhs 3

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This game should tell a lot about the Bills (and Allen's ) mentality. Expect the Bills to win by somewhere between 7 and 10 pts, so lets say 30-20 Buffalo over the Raiders.  However, if Jacobs has a really good day and Allen reverts to the Allen we witnessed in the Jets game, Raiders will probably squeak this out 24 to 23.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37-24 us

The Raider D is on the opposite end of the spectrum from the Jets' D.  

So is their offense however.  

10 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Wow! Brandon Jacobs still playing?

Bills 51

Raiduhs 3

LOL 

Were you at that game?  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I have no objective evidence that gives me the same level of faith you all have that we should win. 

If you have no faith in the Bills at home against the raiders , I assume you're pegging them for a 3/4 win season, since most of their games are objectively tougher than this one?

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, arcane said:

If you have no faith in the Bills at home against the raiders , I assume you're pegging them for a 3/4 win season, since most of their games are objectively tougher than this one?

I guess we'll see how shattered the Bills (really Josh's) confidence is and how much the Raiders watch tape of how to trick josh into triple coverage

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I guess we'll see how shattered the Bills (really Josh's) confidence is and how much the Raiders watch tape of how to trick josh into triple coverage

The jets are unique in their ability to have the horses to play that scheme every down, perfectly. If a standard NFL defense plays quarters every first and second down, those 2 yard cook runs go for 7-15 yards and they QUICKLY get out of it. There is a reason that Josh's three worst games in his last 2 years are, by far, the Jets, the Jets, and the Jets

• Thank you (+1) 2

My game predications went 12 of 16 last week, which I'm pretty happy with.

Here are the winners for week 2 (again, I did this all before the season started and refuse to change them so they'll likely become more and more insane as the season goes on):

Vikings

Ravens

Lions

Texans

Bucs

Chiefs

Packers

Bills

9ers

Chargers

Giants

Jets (this was under the assumption that Rodgers would be playing)

Commanders

Pats

Saints

Steelers

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Wow, have you seen the injury report for the Raiders??..looks like mid season.  Will be more telling after tomorrow after folks get their treatments/rest

Yeah between the Raiders' injuries and the Bills's bruised egos, I honestly expect a bloodletting on Sunday.  There's no reason why we can't beat this squad by three touchdowns.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Naw wish I was. I remember watching it when I was a teen.

I'm assuming that's where you numbers came from.  LOL  

That was an absolutely great game.  It was a blowout early, the entire stadium was getting lazy on the 12th-man end.  People are in the stands just chatting away, half ignoring the game.  

We were up by some ridiculous amount in the 2nd half.  All of a sudden the Raiders start driving and the entire stadium livens up and starts making noise.  They didn't score, we kept 'em from scoring.  But it was a really cool game.  

The tailgating back then was the best ever.   The games would end at 4-ish and we'd be in the lots 'til 7 or 8 with huge fires going.  

Good times!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.