Breece Hall will play against The Bills

Scott7975

1 minute ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Bills need to shut down this so called all star line up! Nothing would be sweeter than a Bills victory to tame the media madness of the Jests.

I don't think this will happen but imagine if the Bills blew them out? The NY media would just crucify the Jets and Rodgers (well, Saleh more than anyone).

The truth is, even if we lose this game it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. We destroyed NE on opening day 31-0. The team's seasons ended a little differently as I recall. In fact those great Pats teams often started slowly.

• Like (+1) 2

This should be a good test for our defense and our offense. Our defense was good last few years against one dimensional teams but teams that could both run and pass they had issues against.  Jets are solid on defense, have a good running game, and unless Rodgers has lost it they should have a good passing game too.

• Agree 1

Always hated Rodgers's personality.  Not one likable coach on that staff.  An arrogance for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 seasons and has finished at the bottom of the division the last three seasons (?).  I hope we smoke them and Rodgers retires after the game.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This should be a good test for our defense and our offense. Our defense was good last few years against one dimensional teams but teams that could both run and pass they had issues against.  Jets are solid on defense, have a good running game, and unless Rodgers has lost it they should have a good passing game too.

It is. We’ll have lots of great tests this season.  Especially the final 2+ months

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The truth is, even if we lose this game it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. We destroyed NE on opening day 31-0. The team's seasons ended a little differently as I recall. In fact those great Pats teams often started slowly.

It took time for Ernie Adams each year to get tape legally and illegally to create set of cheats tailored for each referee crew.

13 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Dj reed said today he thinks the jets defense could be historic. Hope the guys have that quote up for bulletin board material all week

A team being beaten 72-0 with Bills defense getting 5 TDs off interceptions and fumbles would be historic and hysterical.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Has there been a more hyped team in recent memory? I mean we’ve had teams that people say that’s the consensus favorite and all but my goodness the New York media puts these people on a pedestal 

It’s not just the NY local media. There are so many open Jets fans in the national NFL media. Anytime that they are at all good, it’s the only thing that Rich Eisen, Mike Greenberg, and Rex Ryan want to talk about. In a related note, when did it become OK for national sports media figures to wear their fandom on their sleeves? 15 years ago, there were no Nick Wrights but now they’re everywhere.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Well he tore his ACL last year.  It wasn't a given IMO.

Sorry that came off the wrong way. What I mean to say is we should just expect every team is best all year long.

I don’t know that it’s a smart decision to play him so early. It probably would’ve been a better idea to go with Dalvin. Cook is the main back for some games and let Breece hall ease in That still might be their plan.

Edited by John from Riverside
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Nothing about their ground game worries me. For the love of God please double team Wilson no matter where he is at all times. If he has 15 catches like I think he will my poor TV is going to get thrown out the window because what did you think they were going to do? It's pretty obvious that he is going to be Rodgers' target all game long. Limit those big plays to their best player. If they want Hall or Cook to run for 4 yards then so be it

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't think this will happen but imagine if the Bills blew them out? The NY media would just crucify the Jets and Rodgers (well, Saleh more than anyone).

If there's one person I'd love to see the NY media eat alive it's Saleh. For somebody who's won jack squat he sure walks and talks like someone who's won multiple SB's. There are no excuses for him this year and I'd love to see him flounder after all the acquisitions.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.