Breece Hall will play against The Bills

Scott7975

15 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

If there's one person I'd love to see the NY media eat alive it's Saleh. For somebody who's won jack squat he sure walks and talks like someone who's won multiple SB's. There are no excuses for him this year and I'd love to see him flounder after all the acquisitions.

The NY media really cut him some slack last year...........his "we're keeping receipts" to the media and later, after losing in Buffalo, his declaration that they would meet the Bills in the playoffs..........he wrote a lot of checks with his mouth and got away with it because of EXCUSES.     No more excuses, Sa-la.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't think this will happen but imagine if the Bills blew them out? The NY media would just crucify the Jets and Rodgers (well, Saleh more than anyone).

The truth is, even if we lose this game it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. We destroyed NE on opening day 31-0. The team's seasons ended a little differently as I recall. In fact those great Pats teams often started slowly.

You comparing the great Pats team with Buffalo? What are the similarities? 

2 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Dj reed said today he thinks the jets defense could be historic. Hope the guys have that quote up for bulletin board material all week

Their front seven is one of the best in the league, perhaps the best and their secondary has a couple good players as well. DJ Reed just might he right when it’s all said and done this year. 

That said, we are acutely familiar with their personnel and how they’re used and we played them tough even with a depleted lineup. 

I expect a slugfest of a slog next Monday night so I doubt it’s gonna be a blowout by either side.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… the Jets are starting to remind me of the Rex Ryan Jets…. They seem to be super confident and are talking a big game without accomplishing much of anything…. Hopefully the Bills are more than aware of this and it serves as some extra motivation to the team that’s owned the division the last three years.

Today they were comparing themselves to the 85 bears.

They are so close to that eagles team that called themselves the dream team after signing a cb who really wanted to retire and become an actor in 2011.

there are 7 days until the game so I am sure they are going to have a lot to say this week.

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The NY media really cut him some slack last year...........his "we're keeping receipts" to the media and later, after losing in Buffalo, his declaration that they would meet the Bills in the playoffs..........he wrote a lot of checks with his mouth and got away with it because of EXCUSES.     No more excuses, Sa-la.

Saleh is kind of a golden boy still. Maybe the NYC media saw the disaster under center last year and said “hey, seven wins is pretty impressive”

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Always hated Rodgers's personality.  Not one likable coach on that staff.  An arrogance for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 seasons and has finished at the bottom of the division the last three seasons (?).  I hope we smoke them and Rodgers retires after the game.

It's the media that drives Rodgers character. He was a choir boy 5 yrs ago. Live long enough to be the good guy, they'll eventually make you a heel. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Their front seven is one of the best in the league, perhaps the best and their secondary has a couple good players as well. DJ Reed just might he right when it’s all said and done this year. 

That said, we are acutely familiar with their personnel and how they’re used and we played them tough even with a depleted lineup. 

I expect a slugfest of a slog next Monday night so I doubt it’s gonna be a blowout by either side.

That's what concerns me. A slug feast isn't the Bills strength. I think the Jets have the physicality advantage in the trenches. 

46 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Rogers just needs close to an average QB. Still a di*k.  J E T S were a handful last year. that’s with a shitshow on O. I am buying the Jests hype, 😕

Me too. On paper they look really strong. 

I'm not banking on Rodgers playing poorly. They have a young elite WR, Cook, Hall, and Carter might be the best RB combo in the league. Rodgers is a huge upgrade. 

That D looks formidable and very good. 

Wouldn't surprise me if there was a changing of the guard. 

48 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Saleh is kind of a golden boy still. Maybe the NYC media saw the disaster under center last year and said “hey, seven wins is pretty impressive”

Saleh reminds me a lot of McD. Defensive minded coach who backs up his players. A blue collar kind of guy. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… the Jets are starting to remind me of the Rex Ryan Jets…. They seem to be super confident and are talking a big game without accomplishing much of anything…. Hopefully the Bills are more than aware of this and it serves as some extra motivation to the team that’s owned the division the last three years.

Robert Saleh isn't Rex Ryan.  

3 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Has there been a more hyped team in recent memory? I mean we’ve had teams that people say that’s the consensus favorite and all but my goodness the New York media puts these people on a pedestal 

I thought Denver was pretty hyped when they got Wilson. I could be misremembering though.

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

That's what concerns me. A slug feast isn't the Bills strength. I think the Jets have the physicality advantage in the trenches. 

Both games last year were slugfests as well, but I think we will be healthier going into next Monday than we were in either of those two games. I expect the kind of game that happens between two division teams that know each other so well. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Both games last year were slugfests as well, but I think we will be healthier going into next Monday than we were in either of those two games. I expect the kind of game that happens between two division teams that know each other so well. 

I think the Jets will be able to establish the run which will open up things for Rodgers. 

Conversely, I don't think the Bills will not establish a consistent  and effective run game. Making Allen more one dimensional. That secondary is solid and Williams and company will be a manice. 

I think the Jets out muscle and pound the softer Bills in the trenches. We will see the loss of MLB Edmunds loud and clear. 

The Bills will need to get a spectacular version on Allen on Monday night. That's possible but a tough task vs a hostile crowd, inspired Jets team, and a solid defense. 

I think this game is a tough ask for the Bills. 

17 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

All I know is we better be gameplanning to putting pressure and hitting Aaron early and often. We won’t get there rushing 4 without Von.

I have less confidence in the Bills pass rush with no Von. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Major MEATHEAD.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Nothing about their ground game worries me. For the love of God please double team Wilson no matter where he is at all times. If he has 15 catches like I think he will my poor TV is going to get thrown out the window because what did you think they were going to do? It's pretty obvious that he is going to be Rodgers' target all game long. Limit those big plays to their best player. If they want Hall or Cook to run for 4 yards then so be it

Right? 

Let’s make Allan Lazard and Randall Cobb beat us. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They got a fantastic RB tandem assuming they’re healthy. Nice mix of youth and experience and both with explosion and versatility.

But the top producing RB rooms nowadays tend to be those that also have a QB who is a threat to run.  

Not saying the Jets running game won't be much better than it was..........but for comparison purposes.........the Bills unheralded RB's lead the NFL in yards per rush last season.

5 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

You comparing the great Pats team with Buffalo? What are the similarities? 

Erm no, I'm saying teams often start badly but ultimately it has no bearing on their overall season. 

Instead of your Pats I'll use the bengals and burrow's 4 interceptions last season instead

32 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Erm no, I'm saying teams often start badly but ultimately it has no bearing on their overall season. 

Instead of your Pats I'll use the bengals and burrow's 4 interceptions last season instead

Often teams start out badly and it does have a bearing on their overall season.

Wouldn't you agree? 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

The point is, a loss doesn't mean they're destined to miss the playoffs. Even though that will become the narrative by tuesday morning 

That's a narrative made up in your mind. 

No one in their right mind who knows football would be saying the Bills aren't going to make the playoffs after losing on Monday night. 

Stop being ridiculous. If they go 0-2 or 0- 3 then the chatter will begin. Not after 1 loss to the Jets!

Edited by newcam2012

13 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

It’s not just the NY local media. There are so many open Jets fans in the national NFL media. Anytime that they are at all good, it’s the only thing that Rich Eisen, Mike Greenberg, and Rex Ryan want to talk about. In a related note, when did it become OK for national sports media figures to wear their fandom on their sleeves? 15 years ago, there were no Nick Wrights but now they’re everywhere.

15 years ago is the beginnings of social media and the smart phone. It expanded the sports talk landscape and now everyone can follow all of their favorite homer content creators. It also changed the formats TV sports talk to be more laid back and from the hip (like social media). Hence why you get TV commentators openly rooting for their teams. 

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Rex took a team with Mark Sanchez to back to back AFCCG

Salah has accomplished nothing

Why the Salah hate? I don't get it. He seems to be on the same level as McD. Good motivators and weaker on the xs and os. Tough blue collar coaches. 

• Disagree 1

I don't expect much from Breece this season. Look how long it took Barkley to get back to his old form.  I think that is a big reason why they went out and got Cook. I expect Cook and Carter will do a lot of the heavy lifting running the ball while Breece tries to regain his old form. It might take a year or so to get there like it did Barkley.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Why the Salah hate? I don't get it. He seems to be on the same level as McD. Good motivators and weaker on the xs and os. Tough blue collar coaches. 

Because we're Bills fans and we're not supposed to like division rivals' coaches?

This ain't rocket science.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Because we're Bills fans and we're not supposed to like division rivals' coaches?

Strange mindset here. I'm not saying or advocating giving opposing coaches hugs and kisses. However, pushing hatred and rudeness isn't where I think fans should gravitate too. 

Have at it...

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't expect much from Breece this season. Look how long it took Barkley to get back to his old form.  I think that is a big reason why they went out and got Cook. I expect Cook and Carter will do a lot of the heavy lifting running the ball while Breece tries to regain his old form. It might take a year or so to get there like it did Barkley.

Based on that premise, what's your viewpoint on Von Miller's return? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Shula and Belichick I can understand. They were/are both very good coaches and gave the Bills fits. Saleh is an average joe. He hasn't done anything. I hate the Jets and hope he fails but let's not put him on the hate level of Don and Bill.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don’t hate him. But he also has accomplished nothing and talks a big game.  He’s won 11 games in two years and closed last season with a 6 game losing streak. No QB or not, that’s bad. His team scored 15 points total the last 3 games last year

McDermott made the playoffs with a horrible roster. The Jets had the offensive and defensive rookie of the year last year and won 7 games. 

I expect the Jets to be better this year, but until then, Salah is just a HC with a poor record and good motivational speeches 

• Like (+1) 1

Strange mindset here. I'm not saying or advocating giving opposing coaches hugs and kisses. However, pushing hatred and rudeness isn't where I think fans should gravitate too. 

Have at it...

Based on that premise, what's your viewpoint on Von Miller's return? 

Hopefully Miller will get back into form by the end of the season and playoffs. It might take him some time to get back to where he was. Hard to predict with players coming back from these types of injuries.

Edited by Gregg

19 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I don’t hate him. But he also has accomplished nothing and talks a big game.  He’s won 11 games in two years and closed last season with a 6 game losing streak. No QB or not, that’s bad. His team scored 15 points total the last 3 games last year

McDermott made the playoffs with a horrible roster. The Jets had the offensive and defensive rookie of the year last year and won 7 games. 

I expect the Jets to be better this year, but until then, Salah is just a HC with a poor record and good motivational speeches 

McD is 4-5 in the playoffs. His teams have choked away several playoff games. Jags, Texans, KC, and Cincinnati jump off the page.

More specifically, his team wasn't ready to play vs Cincinnati. Excuses all you want that's on him! The coach has to have his team ready!!!

KC and 13 seconds. Disaster on an epic level. McD choke job will go down in the NFL history books. 

McD hasn't gotten it done playoff time. He has largely failed and his subpar record supports that. McD is just a head coach with a poor playoff record and good motivational speeches. A coach that has one of the most talented QB in the league. A head coach that has no SB appearances and no rings. 

If you want to point to regular season records then McD is excellent. That is sufficient for many fans to support McD. That in itself makes many think McD is a great coach. Hello Marty S...

A valid argument can be said that McD has under performed and has been out coached on the biggest stage. 

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Hopefully Miller will get back into form by the end of the season and playoffs. It might take him some time to get back to where he was. Hard to predict with players coming back for these types of injuries.

Exactly. Take into account his age as well. The Bills need Von badly because the pass rush without him will likely not get it done. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

That's a narrative made up in your mind. 

No one in their right mind who knows football would be saying the Bills aren't going to make the playoffs after losing on Monday night. 

Stop being ridiculous. If they go 0-2 or 0- 3 then the chatter will begin. Not after 1 loss to the Jets!

Yes you're right, thank God the phenomenon of hot takes within the media hasn't yet reached the NFL 

15 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

McD is 4-5 in the playoffs. His teams have choked away several playoff games. Jags, Texans, KC, and Cincinnati jump off the page.

More specifically, his team wasn't ready to play vs Cincinnati. Excuses all you want that's on him! The coach has to have his team ready!!!

KC and 13 seconds. Disaster on an epic level. McD choke job will go down in the NFL history books. 

McD hasn't gotten it done playoff time. He has largely failed and his subpar record supports that. McD is just a head coach with a poor playoff record and good motivational speeches. A coach that has one of the most talented QB in the league. A head coach that has no SB appearances and no rings. 

If you want to point to regular season records then McD is excellent. That is sufficient for many fans to support McD. That in itself makes many think McD is a great coach. Hello Marty S...

A valid argument can be said that McD has under performed and has been out coached on the biggest stage. 

What does McDermotts playoff record have to do with Salah? At least he has one.

McDermott has his shortcomings, but that has nothing to do with the fact that Salah has a .324 win percentage. McDermotts worst year he had a higher win pct. His playoff win pct is high than Salah's regular season win pct.

19 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Has there been a more hyped team in recent memory? I mean we’ve had teams that people say that’s the consensus favorite and all but my goodness the New York media puts these people on a pedestal 

Ah, the Bills were pretty hyped up last year by the media. They just don't have the "NY" media behind them.

Glad the Bills are not the talk this year to be honest.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.