Colts grant Jonathan Taylor’s request to seek trade

Big Blitz

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Package up Epenesa, Cook and Murray and dangle it in front of the Colts and get this Guy on this team.

We get him on this team and there is no stopping this team all the way to a SB.

Colts are still butt hurt about the Jerry Hughes fleecing, doubt they want a repeat of that embarrassment.  

11 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Those guys you mentioned didn't have a QB named Josh Allen on their roster. We're not saying running the football win Super Bowls, but with Taylor and Allen it would keep defenses on their heels. Cincinnati wasn't worried about Motor beating them in last year's playoff game. They'll have that worry with JT28

You just be licking your chops!!!  Only to be left sad when Taylor is a dolphin 😢 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

You just be licking your chops!!!  Only to be left sad when Taylor is a dolphin 😢 

I’m sure this has been mentioned, and maybe they are interested, but why would Miami trade for Taylor when they could’ve had Cook for a lot less? 
They won’t be able to pay him-Tua is going to want a new contract, Waddle is eligible after this year, they are already paying Tyreek a ton, they have Ramsey, Holland will want to get paid…honestly it doesn’t seem like a great move for the dolphins 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ya Digg? said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned, and maybe they are interested, but why would Miami trade for Taylor when they could’ve had Cook for a lot less? 
They won’t be able to pay him-Tua is going to want a new contract, Waddle is eligible after this year, they are already paying Tyreek a ton, they have Ramsey, Holland will want to get paid…honestly it doesn’t seem like a great move for the dolphins 

It’s called going all in.  Accumulate as much talent as you can, try and win the SB, worry about the cap hell later. 

regarding Dalvin 🤷🏻‍♂️ maybe they didn’t like him nearly as much as taylor. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

We have no $, and we already have 3 RB’s who can get the job done.  I can see Murray as the compliment to Cook in the beginning while Harris heals up with his leg issue.  Then insert Harris for the bulk of the season allowing Murray to rest as we’ll need him for December and the playoffs.

We already pass 67% of the time, and the league avg us around 60%.  We may want to float down to the low 60’s to ease Allen from feeling we have to pass on every play.

i think Taylor would do a different job.

you bring in Taylor to benefit Kincaid.   Because Taylor's function would be to force the linebackers to come up and/or hesitate.  To drop it over their heads.  Not to drop it 70 yards downfield. 

So, i think you do this if you have a mediocre QB.   Somebody like Tua who doesnt command the entire field.   Because a Taylor-type opens up the portion of the field Tua needs to throw to.

But we dont have that type of offense or quarterback.   We need deeper parts of the field to open up, and linebackers arent in those areas much, anyway.  So yeah, for the job the 2023 Bills need filled by a RB, i agree we are covered.

Edited by maddenboy

6 hours ago, maddenboy said:

you bring in Taylor to benefit Kincaid.   Because Taylor's function would be to force the linebackers to come up and/or hesitate.  To drop it over their heads.  Not to drop it 70 yards downfield. 

So, i think you do this if you have a mediocre QB.   Somebody like Tua who doesnt command the entire field.   Because a Taylor-type opens up the portion of the field Tua needs to throw to.

But we dont have that type of offense or quarterback.   We need deeper parts of the field to open up, and linebackers arent in those areas much, anyway.  So yeah, for the job the 2023 Bills need filled by a RB, i agree we are covered.

So where do the Bills leverage their future by extending who to free up another $12 mil/yr.

Also, how high of a draft pick do we give up as Indy says he’s worth a 1st. according to Indy.

7 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

You forgot Wilkins.

16 hours ago, Airseven said:

I say yes! Colts say no!

You really don't know that. Elam is a promising 1st rd. pick and a 3rd might do it. Indy has to realize the acquiring team has to sign him long term. Personally I don't think he gets traded. I can't see a team meeting the price Indy wants. He has no leverage and Indy can tag his malcontent arse 2x if they like.

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

So where do the Bills leverage their future by extending who to free up another $12 mil/yr.

Also, how high of a draft pick do we give up as Indy says he’s worth a 1st. according to Indy.

totally opposite.

I am firmly against bringing in Taylor.  That is the entire point of my post.  A team like Miami needs him.  we do not.

the point of a great RB like Taylor is to put LBs in impossible situations.   But with JA17 we need to put safeties and nickel CBs in impossible situations.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Disagree 2

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

Bears make a lot of sense 

i kinda disagree.

They already have a back that makes linebackers stay home.  His name is Justin Fields.  They need somebody to open running lanes (for Fields or whatever runningback they already have) by taking linebackers away from the action.  Or forcing fewer linebackers on the field, in favor of more DBs. 

put another way, the Bears already face 10 in the box (figuratively).   Adding Taylor makes that worse, not better.  

Edited by maddenboy

8 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Safeties are!! A RB like Taylor would make them come up in run support opening up the deep part of the field

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The way he torched us for 200 yards and 5 tds in a game here makes me think Beane is intrigued by the idea....

but it's likely unrealistic financially 

🙏🙏🙏🙏

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

There's always the Dion Dawkins scenario that was mentioned during the Hopkins ordeal

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Jets trade for him and have the best backfield in the NFL, with a HOF QB and good WR talent and yet still find a way to lose… 

They’re loaded everywhere except the OL.  Let’s hope their turd HC and stooge OC aren’t smart enough to circumvent the OL and keep AR healthy. 

their D is going to be nasty.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They’re loaded everywhere except the OL.  Let’s hope their turd HC and stooge OC aren’t smart enough to circumvent the OL and keep AR healthy. 

their D is going to be nasty.  

Eh I'm not a fan of their LBs or safeties. I think their WRs are overrated as well. One young stud and not much else. BIlls TEs are way better too.

And yes their OL could be really bad. They are counting on some suspect players

Edited by Slippery Rubber Mats
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

totally opposite.

I am firmly against bringing in Taylor.  That is the entire point of my post.  A team like Miami needs him.  we do not.

the point of a great RB like Taylor is to put LBs in impossible situations.   But with JA17 we need to put safeties and nickel CBs in impossible situations.

That’s why i wrote earlier Carolina would be an excellent landing spot from Indy’s standpoint.  A weak team wit a rookie QB needing help and in the opposite conference.  Indy wouldn’t want to trade with a contender in the AFC.

There are three competing players.  Indy, Walker, but also the buying team.

Sure Miami may want him, but that doesn’t mean if the same offer is given between Miami and Carolina, where is Indy siding on that fence.

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

Eh I'm not a fan of their LBs or safeties. I think their WRs are overrated as well. One young stud and not much else. BIlls TEs are way better too.

I’m not a fan of 2 of their LBs, but Moseley is still playing at a very high level and has had a knack for playing lights out vs us. 

At S, whitehead is a solid starter.  Amos is on the downside of his career but should be at his best playing behind the jets pass rush.  Their DL will make everyone better.  

wilson will ba superstar.  Lazard, Hardman and Cobb are all solid complimentary pieces.  

Their TE room is stacked.  No, not as good as ours, but still stacked with several good players.  Conklin, Uzomah and Ruckert can all play.  Ruckert hasn’t shown it yet, but I think he’s going to be a player.  

If I’m HACKett, I’d run lots of 12 to help the OTs.  Luckily HACKett is a stooge. 

Huge arms race in the AFC east. 

Feels like we are not doing enough to keep up. Very concerning and my once unbreakable faith in BB is wavering.. 

Feel thin at WR OL and RB LB. 

I trust the process but I am getting nervous. 

I wonder what the cost is on JT, I would love to add him 

42 minutes ago, Nester said:

Feels like we are not doing enough to keep up. Very concerning and my once unbreakable faith in BB is wavering.. 

Dolphins and Pats have QBs on rookie contracts.  A lot easier to pay other guys when you dont have a QB taking up so much salary cap space. 

Jets brought in Rodgers and Cook, fine, but every other potential star they have was drafted.  They were able to draft those guys because they stink every year.

Welcome to having a Franchise QB.  Hard to spend in free agency because QBs cost a lot.   Hard to draft blue chip players because you are in the playoffs every year.   

What he is worth, given how many games he's missed and how much tread is already off his tires between college and the NFL, is top 10 runningback money.  Think 7 million.   What he wants is to reset the market think between 17-18 million.  If a contract renewal wasnt involved, I'd give up a 1st round pick for him all day.   What I would not be up for is overpaying for the guy by 10-11 million dollars.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nester said:

You don’t have to wonder. The Cots want a 1st and Taylor wants 15 million. So the cost is high coming and going. If he wasn’t demanding 15 million, the Colts wouldn’t be trading him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I hope Miami trades for him.

Let them spend their draft picks and tie up huge dollars to an injury prone running back 

Remember what he did to us on Thanksgiving (or maybe weekend before) 2 years ago?

Remember the teams we did not want to draw: indy/cle/Tennessee.

Our personnel does not match well against the run. Actually most nfl s teams don't have great personnel to stop the run.

Teams have been loading up on LBs that have gotten smaller/quicker to defend against the pass. We're seeing a few teams double down on the run to take advantage of this. 

Now those teams^^ have had to do it out of necessity with mediocre QBs, but I think the trend continues to grow a bit. 

If you're not passing well, and defenses are qued in to stopping the pass with smaller defenses... why not be the outlier and pound the rock, i.e. Giants.

In no way do I think the importance of run game will ever be what it was even 5 years ago, but i think that gameplan continues to trend up the next few years

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/24/2023 at 9:45 AM, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

CJ Moseley is a helluva player.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Taylor has only played three seasons. He is one year removed from a 1800 yard season and that was with Carson Wentz and teams scheming to stop him. It seems like some people are talking about him like he is over the hill and on the downside of his career. Guy has talent to be the best back in the league. I doubt the Bills are in it, but if you can give up a second for even a one year rental on the guy it would put the Bills in a very good spot. With Taylor in the backfield you have to use resources to focus on him, which frees up Allen, Diggs and our TE's. The play action becomes a legit threat. This O would be extremely hard top defend and become much more efficient and consistent. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Remember what he did to us on Thanksgiving (or maybe weekend before) 2 years ago?

Remember the teams we did not want to draw: indy/cle/Tennessee.

Our personnel does not match well against the run. Actually most nfl s teams don't have great personnel to stop the run.

Teams have been loading up on LBs that have gotten smaller/quicker to defend against the pass. We're seeing a few teams double down on the run to take advantage of this. 

Now those teams^^ have had to do it out of necessity with mediocre QBs, but I think the trend continues to grow a bit. 

If you're not passing well, and defenses are qued in to stopping the pass with smaller defenses... why not be the outlier and pound the rock, i.e. Giants.

In no way do I think the importance of run game will ever be what it was even 5 years ago, but i think that gameplan continues to trend up the next few years

That was 2021 a long time ago for nfl running back standards.

Colts o line was arguably the best in football that year as well.

Dolphins o line is a mess.

Let them Pay an injury prone RB 14-15 mil a year behind a crap o line

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

That was 2021 a long time ago for nfl running back standards.

Colts o line was arguably the best in football that year as well.

Dolphins o line is a mess.

Let them Pay an injury prone RB 14-15 mil a year behind a crap o line

And give up one of them trey Lance picks while they're at it 

9 hours ago, ngbills said:

Taylor has only played three seasons. He is one year removed from a 1800 yard season and that was with Carson Wentz and teams scheming to stop him. It seems like some people are talking about him like he is over the hill and on the downside of his career. Guy has talent to be the best back in the league. I doubt the Bills are in it, but if you can give up a second for even a one year rental on the guy it would put the Bills in a very good spot. With Taylor in the backfield you have to use resources to focus on him, which frees up Allen, Diggs and our TE's. The play action becomes a legit threat. This O would be extremely hard top defend and become much more efficient and consistent. 

The Bills usually pick in the high 20s in the first round. This is basically the equivalent of a low 2nd round pick. I'd give it to secure a 2 year removed MVP candidate and an integral piece to a SB winning offense. Hell, Beane would probably just waste it on a player that can't crack the starting lineup anyways 😎

9 hours ago, ngbills said:

And what anour the 15 million dollar salary demand?

16 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

I hope Miami trades for him.

Let them spend their draft picks and tie up huge dollars to an injury prone running back 

Wouldn't mind it either. Taylor is no doubt a great player, but it just seems like bad juju to continually build your team only through blockbuster trades.

They routinely disregard cost controlled assets which is usually not a way to sustain your franchise for long term success. For every Tyreek Hill there is a Bradley Chubb. I think Miami's reckless approach is eventually going to burn them, and there is no guarantee of short term success either. Bottom line is that giving up a 1st AND paying a big contract to a RB would be a highly questionable decision 

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.