Bills linked to Jason Peters

DJB

1 hour ago, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

Funny!  I always say people love pff until they disagree with the grade.  I’d be more discouraged by his age but I just checked and he did grade out at a 70 last year according to pff😬

Do you have any context for the 70? I have no idea what that means.

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Never leave home without you’re Wang.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah there was an audible sigh of relief on TSW when Eugene Parker punched out back in 2016.   He sure ran circles around the clown show of a front office the Bills had back in the day.........exposing the lack of commitment to winning that was the drought era Ralph C Wilson, Jeffrey Littman and Russ Brandon Bills .     

The Bills did what Jerruh paid lip-service to: not renegotiating deals with players who have several years left on their contracts.  And Peters wasn't the reason the Bills didn't win while he wasn't the reason the Eagles won and in fact was injured most of the season they won their SB, including missing the SB itself.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Jason Peters would be the 2nd best tackle on the Bills. That’s pretty sad. If you have a chance to sign him, you should.

When the final 53 is announced there will probably be 30 tackles available. One of them is coming to Buffalo,  book it

Would feel much better if Peters, even at 41, was in the fold at swing tackle.  

Round out the room with Tommy Doyle as developmental swing tackle and I feel decent about the Tackle situation heading into the season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh, I’d bring him in on a $2 million deal. I just don’t think that he would agree to sign with us.

I would like to think that Jason is not gonna hold any grudge against the Current FO of the Bills they had nothing to do with his past with Bills.  In fact the Bills are the reason he didn't wash out of the league as a nothing special  JAG at TE.  Some coach back on that old Bills team saw potential for him at OT.  I doubt it was Jason initiating the switch to playing OT so he should look back with a bit of gratitude that he began his HoF career as a Bill who gave him his initial opportunity. 

I am 100% certain there are numerous HoF worthy players at any football position out in the regular world that we will never know about because they never got the opportunity to show their ability.  Most because those people pursuex other interests they held over playing football.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

I’d be shocked if they didn’t bring him in for a workout.  
In fact I’d say it’s negligent. 

Edward, thought you left us three centuries ago. Good to hear the pirate take on these things. I tend to agree.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

At 41 he might be better than both Dawkins and Brown. If Brown can play at an adequate level we are set at RT for several years. This will likely be Dawkins last year as a Bill. He is in decline and will be a cap casualty this offseason.  They will draft OT early next year.

A 41 year old tackle is not going to play one complete season, let alone several.

25 minutes ago, BillsfaninChicago said:

We will finally once again have a pass catching TE on the roster!

Seeing all those old names on the jerseys, including Spikes and Fletcher roaming around, was a bit nostalgic. Gus Johnson also needs to be brought back to call games, not sure what happened to him. Does he only do the NCAA March Madness tournament now?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

The Bills did what Jerruh paid lip-service to: not renegotiating deals with players who have several years left on their contracts.  And Peters wasn't the reason the Bills didn't win while he wasn't the reason the Eagles won and in fact was injured most of the season they won their SB, including missing the SB itself.

I know, I know........you were one of the many people who agreed with Jeffery Littman's cash-to-the-cap approach to dealing with all players........star quality or otherwise.

You guys were just wrong.

And yes, they didn't win because they didn't have a franchise QB...........which was not entirely misfortune.........from their inception they were not inclined to roll dice on QB's in round 1 and money-money-money-money played a big factor in that foolish decision making.     

You still gotta' have star players at premium positions to advance to and win a SB.    The fact that you were OK with not having them if they wanted to be paid their market value.........well, that's just not going to get you off the porch and running with the big dogs as an organization.    Fact.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

As he played last season , I would be in favor of bringing him in even if for insurance and mentorship. 

But question for you - do you think he can play RT? If he can, it is able absolutely must-do given Brown's questionable skill and nagging health issues. 

I don't think he can hold up physically to play 90% of snaps anymore.   Yeah he was still doing that in 2021 but, I mean, dude is 41 now.   I think you'd just view him as a way better replacement for Quessenberry at this point.   Maybe the biggest thing he could do is help Dion Dawkins learn what it takes to extend his career.   Dion at 28 was blocking at a level like Peters at 38.   That shouldn't be.   Dion should be in his prime now and he's trailing off significantly.  Maybe he could help wake Dion up and help extend his career.   Like I said, Bills fans think he's a malcontent because the Bills tried to move him to LT and pay him RT money and he wanted fair market compensation for the bump in responsibility...........but he's been renowned as a GREAT teammate and leader for the vast majority of his career.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah there was an audible sigh of relief on TSW when Eugene Parker punched out back in 2016.   He sure ran circles around the clown show of a front office the Bills had back in the day.........exposing the lack of commitment to winning that was the drought era Ralph C Wilson, Jeffrey Littman and Russ Brandon Bills .     

There are still people (not naming names) who defend trading HOF bound Jason Peters.

• Agree 4

23 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think he can hold up physically to play 90% of snaps anymore.   Yeah he was still doing that in 2021 but, I mean, dude is 41 now.   I think you'd just view him as a way better replacement for Quessenberry at this point.   Maybe the biggest thing he could do is help Dion Dawkins learn what it takes to extend his career.   Dion at 28 was blocking at a level like Peters at 38.   That shouldn't be.   Dion should be in his prime now and he's trailing off significantly.  Maybe he could help wake Dion up and help extend his career.   Like I said, Bills fans think he's a malcontent because the Bills tried to move him to LT and pay him RT money and he wanted fair market compensation for the bump in responsibility...........but he's been renowned as a GREAT teammate and leader for the vast majority of his career.

One thing’s for sure, Quess needs to leave town.

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

There are still people (not naming names) who defend trading HOF bound Jason Peters.

I don’t think we should have traded him, but I also think Peters could have come in during the off-season to get his injury checked out as the front office asked before renegotiating.  Brandon was supposedly the boss then but I’ve always felt Littman was the guy who screwed up the franchise.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

A 41 year old tackle is not going to play one complete season, let alone several.

Does he need to?  I'm sure they can play him sparingly authentic others improve and hear he is a great mentor so maybe he is looking to transition to to coaching post playing days. Maybe offer him that after he is our swing tackle and when one of our tackles finds a game opponent too much to handle let Peter's take that opponent to the shed.  

Edited by AuntieEm

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

As a fan of old men, I thought that you'd be down with this move. 

Good one

2 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Does he need to?  I'm sure they can play him sparingly authentic others improve and hear he is a great mentor g to coach post playing days.

I see the point about mentoring.  But the idea it seems is for him to start at one of the tackle spots, and I can’t see a guy his age being effective

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.