Bills linked to Jason Peters

DJB

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Isn't he 900 years old?

Not until January.

3 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Then why pay 250 mil plus for a Franchise QB if you plan to Nicole and dime keeping him healthy and earning his contract.

Does this mean Josh has broken up with Jerry Seinfeld's sister?

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Ruben Brown also made 9 x Pro Bowls (and 4 x All Pro as well), but many Bills fans still don't think he was that good!

Do we think Jason Peters was worthy of all 9 Pro Bowls, or did he coast off his name & previous achievements for the latter ones? 😉

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

According to some Bills fans Pro Bowls only seem to count when not playing for Buffalo.

Mmmmm... bias or reverse-bias aside, Ruben couldn't carry Peters' Gatorade bottle.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Didn't he piss on the organization and city after he left in FA? 

No.

He didn't say anything.

He and his agent let the Bills negotiate thru the media.

They eventually traded him and he got paid.

The Bills front office was a complete dumpster fire then.   They signed him to an extension as a RT........knowing but not articulating that they intended to let their LT walk in UFA and move him there.........and then after moving him they went out and paid a free agent guard and RT more than him.    They weren't acting in good faith.........and when it comes to a rare, All-Pro type talent at a premium position you have to treat that player a lot differently.     See how the Bills treated guys like Allen and Diggs when they had multiple years remaining on their contracts, for example. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol there he is!

Never a hater.  My thoughts on the value of the LT position in general (see Joe Thomas) flavor my view of any that get into the Hall.  I've made that clear.

But to suggest that is why I don't think it is wise to hire a 42 y/o guy (by the end of the season) because he is a former Bills icon isn't your strongest argument.  Had Peters not this week said he feels he can still play, you were  not calling for the Bills to find him and sign him. 

No, you literally mocked the idea that he was going to go into the HOF because you were ignorant about his career.........and then that very night he was playing on MNF and the announcers were speaking matter-of-factly about his HOF career........it became a topic on TSW..........and you shut your pie hole about the quality of his play and now have changed your argument. :lol:

And what point are you trying to make that I "(was) not calling for the Bills to find him and sign him" until he decided he still wanted to play(and the primary veteran RT competition retired and the over RT reserves have looked terrible)?       

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

No, you literally mocked the idea that he was going to go into the HOF because you were ignorant about his career.........and then that very night he was playing on MNF and the announcers were speaking matter-of-factly about his HOF career........it became a topic on TSW..........and you shut your pie hole about the quality of his play and now have changed your argument. :lol:

And what point are you trying to make that I "(was) not calling for the Bills to find him and sign him" until he decided he still wanted to play(and the primary veteran RT competition retired and the over RT reserves have looked terrible)?       

he's a "perennial HOFer"!

On a bad team, a "HOF" T is like a 3rd testicle.

Recount for me your top 10 Peters games...

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

Real question… can Peters even make it through a whole season if he has to be put in? That’s a tall order for a lot of guys on the older side of 30 years old. 40 y/o??? 😬

Right now he wants to be on roster week 1 so he is paid for entire year.

1 hour ago, jlgarsh said:

Jason Peters at age 50 would be a better option than Brown.

Sure if you are an opposition fan or DC.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Doc said:

Cash-to-cap had nothing to do with it.  He wanted a new deal when he had 2 years left on the deal they gave him a year earlier than they needed to.  They were set to give him the deal he wanted (between $8-10M/year) after the 2008 season but he had already decided to leave and ended up making $10M/year in 2009 anyway.

I was a huge Jason Peters fan.  I loved the story of how he went from UDFA to All-Pro OL with the Bills.  Then he pulled that stunt.  Again I saw his team win a SB without him playing, being replaced by a JAG (Vaitai).  His presence wouldn't have made a difference in winning and losing given the teams they fielded.

As I said in another post.........you don't treat a superstar talent the way the Bills did and expect to keep them.

They signed him to a RT contract........then moved him to LT.........then signed two lesser players to bigger contracts to play lesser positions.

How do you think that level of treatment would have gone over with Josh Allen or Stef Diggs?    

You operate in good faith with superstars because ultimately they decide whether they are going to play for you or make you trade them.

You probably know that NOW............ but you were younger and dumber then and probably didn't realize that NFL teams knew that Peters was a first round athletic talent but that his coaching staff at Arkansas undermined him in the draft process because they were incensed that he had declared early.   They had refused to showcase his skills to that point because he didn't fit their antiquated old school ways.   Peters wasn't a Rudy story that should have just been grateful to be given a chance in the NFL.  He was a dominant talent that got mishandled in college and screwed by those people who were entrusted by his family to work in his best interests...........so when the Bills then tried to exploit him he wasn't down to get mistreated again.    

You got up in your emotions about it.........like a lot of Bills fans..........when you should have just understood/accepted that the reality was that some team was ABSO*****INLUTELY going to trade for him and treat him like a superstar.

At the post-trade press conference Andy Reid said that Jason Peters was "the Peyton Manning of Left Tackles".   

Would you stay at the hospital or clinic you work at if you got treated like the Bills treated Peters relative to his open market worth?  Not if your skills are in demand..........so you can front all you want.........you are at best a hypocrite for resenting him for wanting to work somewhere that he was really appreciated,  paid what he was worth and maybe even had a chance to succeed(which he did not with the terrible Bills front office).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.