Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

19 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

they specifically told him not to today according to the radio broadcast

Thats fine.  I don't need to see him go crazy in preseason.  My fear is that extends to regular season and it's just going to get Allen hurt because he won't commit to doing something.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I know it's pre-season, but I'm dreading the Jets game already. Just do not look ready - and that's just the starters.

There are a lot of overreactions on this thread - preseason is literally nothing.

But I can't discount all of them.  They play vanilla & all that, so we're not seeing what we will be seeing. But some of the penalties and sloppy play are concerning.  I'm definitely worried that McD bit off more than he can chew taking on 2 roles.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I did try and tell you.... 

He wasn't even as good as the numbers last week. He truly sucked ass.

I wasn't closed off to the idea. I just didn't think they'd pull the plug so quickly. I figured he'd get another run with the 2's and if he continued to struggle, they'd switch it up in Game 3.

I just can't believe a Backup we gave up on 3 years ago that was brought in essentially to be an extra set of eyes in the QB Room is actually going to be our backup this season.

But I guess like some other positions, we had to cost cut and it just is what it is.

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Unlike you to be pessimistic Bill

Ha. As others have said, this feels like a re-run of the Bengals game, possibly post season and regular season prior to Hamlin's collapse, as they were running rings round us then.

It's pre-season. It should not have a bearing on week one. But seeing similar faults raise their ugly head isn't encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.