Ezekiel Elliot to Pats on 1 year up to $6 million deal

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, BuffBillsForLife said:

Can't wait to see Zeke outplayed by his backup again.  Stevenson is a beast and Zeke is washed.

Elliot still has some value on the field. If he's not the centerpiece and has reduced carries he can be productive. Still has a nose for the end zone. But yes, Stevenson is really good and should still be the focal point of their run game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Elliot still has some value on the field. If he's not the centerpiece and has reduced carries he can be productive. Still has a nose for the end zone. But yes, Stevenson is really good and should still be the focal point of their run game.

he will be

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Can't wait to see Zeke outplayed by his backup again.  Stevenson is a beast and Zeke is washed.

IMO he be great for pass protection and catches out of the backfield.. I don’t see him running the ball much I am thinking third down RB..  and yes Stevensons is a beast but they needed someone else in there to take the Carrie’s down for him.

2 hours ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Umm Zeke  IS the backup. Plain and simple. He is there to keep Stevenson fresh.

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

The Pats are going to do what you have to do, go exactly the opposite of the rest of the league.  They will beat you down with the run game and limit the snaps of the opposing offense.  It’s brilliant to cover for their lack of talent.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Pretty sure Zeke will be the backup. If not, that’s good news for everyone else in the division because Stevenson is much better than Zeke. 

He is still a very good back up. He can get the tough yards, convert short yardage runs for first downs, and score TDs in the red zone. 

It's a nice pick up for NE. Still they are behind the talent curve in the AFC East. However, they won't be an easy out either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

31 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Klein's snaps just went up. 

And Rapp for Taron.  That’s the counter for 12 personnel and 21 or even heavy 11 run teams.  Rapp’s a thumper.

As far as Zeke, he has a job so good for him.  I don’t know if he’s shot, but he’s not the featured back anymore.  He’s the complimentary guy.

• Like (+1) 1

Zeke is a nice backup, solid pickup but not really moving the needle much. He last was a true "workhorse" RB1 in 2019. The last three seasons he has been pretty average. Pollard surpassed him in 2021 as the more efficient back. From my limited time watching the Cowboys last season it seemed like Zeke was still a decent back but just far from the elite player he once was. I think in NE he will have a decent run, he is just 28 and his workload the past 2-3 seasons has declined a bit so he isn't someone with a ton of wear and tear so to speak. 

TLDR: Not a bad move but not a dynamic needle mover either. 

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I know he is a "big name" but he seems shot.....good for the Patriots.  THey have almst infinite money to spend if they want when you look at the next couple years and what they have on the books

This is a "fan" move.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, DCofNC said:

The Pats are going to do what you have to do, go exactly the opposite of the rest of the league.  They will beat you down with the run game and limit the snaps of the opposing offense.  It’s brilliant to cover for their lack of talent.

Jauron Ball

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.