Jonathan Taylor: Communications with Colts FO Non-Existent

BillsShredder83

Interesting. Dudes going to get paiddd. Was by far my fav RB prospect to come out in a long time, absolute menace. Obv no room to sign him (nor great use of cap space) but man he'd be the perfect #1 back for this offense.  Anyone thinks he gets traded (i know not to us, this isnt Get Er Dunnn post)?  Where are his most likely landing spots?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Interesting. Dudes going to get paiddd. Was by far my fav RB prospect to come out in a long time, absolute menace. Obv no room to sign him (nor great use of cap space) but man he'd be the perfect #1 back for this offense.  Anyone thinks he gets traded (i know not to us, this isnt Get Er Dunnn post)?  Where are his most likely landing spots?

Most likely landing spots: any team that isn't paying top-$ for a QB, or will be in the next 2-3 seasons.

With QB salaries getting higher and higher (not just $s but % of salary cap), just makes sense that something has to give...right now, that's running back.  

To me, Colts are in a perfect position to pay a top-emd RB salary.  Just like SF, Tennessee.  With a rookie QB, they have that window of luxury per say. Richardson is a different breed of course, he doesn't need an elite RB but that team will be difficult to defend if they keep pieces together for a few years.

15 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

He’s not gonna get paiiiiiid lol have you been paying attention?

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Paid? Unlikely.  More like, dude’s gonna get franchised tagged.  Twice.  

He is not getting paid.  Drifting into the injury zone.   Colts would rather see how he does in his 4th year then tag him if he is reasonably close to his 2021 numbers.

He is using the only leverage he has and that’s to sit. 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

He's going to get franchise tagggggggged. Then a market value offer the following year. 

He still has another year left on his rookie deal.  No way they will tag him.  They have the luxury to wait and see how he does. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Mine too. I am almost never a RB round 1 guy. I'd have taken Taylor top 15. That is how I convinced I was that he was great.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

He is not getting paid.  Drifting into the injury zone.   Colts would rather see how he does in his 4th year then tag him if he is reasonably close to his 2021 numbers.

He is using the only leverage he has and that’s to sit. 

He still has another year left on his rookie deal.  No way they will tag him.  They have the luxury to wait and see how he does. 

Well, yes obviously they will wait to do anything until his rookie deal is done. He was a 2nd round pick so there is no option to pick up. This is the final year of his deal.

Based on this Irsay Tweet:

I think they will offer him SOMETHING in the early part of the season...which Taylor will likely shoot down. Because most do. After the season they will tag him if no deal is reached. 

It will not shock me if Taylor wants to reset the RB market (and he has an argument as long as he's healthy and back to form) but I don't see the Colts paying him. 

He's delusional if he thinks they're giving him a huge new deal after just 3 seasons and coming off an injury-plagued one.  And sitting out isn't an option because he's under contract and it will cost him a ton.

32 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Mine too. I am almost never a RB round 1 guy. I'd have taken Taylor top 15. That is how I convinced I was that he was great.

reminds me of Adrian Peterson. last years concerning but that line was atrocious, hope he bounces back cause hes fun to watch

3 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Most likely landing spots: any team that isn't paying top-$ for a QB, or will be in the next 2-3 seasons.

With QB salaries getting higher and higher (not just $s but % of salary cap), just makes sense that something has to give...right now, that's running back.  

To me, Colts are in a perfect position to pay a top-emd RB salary.  Just like SF, Tennessee.  With a rookie QB, they have that window of luxury per say. Richardson is a different breed of course, he doesn't need an elite RB but that team will be difficult to defend if they keep pieces together for a few years.

Detroit would be a good spot as well

4 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

No he won't. Running backs don't get paid anymore. Why? Because they are mostly irrelevant in terms of building a super bowl winning team. Most teams with high powered offense are built around the QB and passing game weapons and use fill in RBs by committee.

If there was one who was going to get paid it would have been Barkley and he basically settled for barely more than the franchise tag and that came in incentives.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I was screaming for the Bills to move up and get him, but they held fast for Epenesa

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Well.. What is Saquon Barkley then? 

• Like (+1) 1

I doubt he wants to get traded anywhere to play without a long term contract. 

So.. if people here want to trade for him, what are you willing to give up and what are you willing to pay him.. and for how long?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

This is exactly what I thought when this all started. Don’t like it? Work on your blocking or find a way to contribute on ST. One of the reasons I always liked Motor. He struck as me as the type to find a way to make his game serviceable so he could stick around.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.