McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

BritBill

• BritBill changed the title to McDermott & Beane Extended Through 2027

Some Heads around here are exploding as we type, 😂

• Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Was obviously going to happen, no matter what people say. Hopefully the heat is on and they'll be gone if we don't win a super bowl in the next 2-3 years. McDermott mostly deserves it. Beane should be thanking Josh because without him, his draft record is terrible. 

Edited by MWK
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 7

3 minutes ago, MWK said:

Was obviously going to happen, no matter what people say. Hopefully the heat is on and they'll be gone if we don't win a super bowl in the next 2-3 years. Beane should be thanking Josh because without him, his draft record is terrible. 

This just isn’t true 🤦🏻

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

So much for the posters privately wishing McDermott is on the hot seat.

These guys should be forever grateful to Josh Allen, he’s earned them a lot of dough.

Has anyone wished he was?

or is it, if they get bounced again in a bad or inexcusable playoff performance it should be considered. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think it shows the seat is a LOT cooler than a lot of fans want it to be and the media have speculated it is. 

I see almost no way this regime doesn't remain into 2024 at the very least. And the likelihood is the rope is a fair bit longer. Part of the reason why is surely that Terry knows he isn't great at these appointments. For all that McD and Beane ain't perfect and there are legit holes you can pick in both, they are overwhelmingly the two best hires that Pegs has made across multiple attempts for two franchises. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 18
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think it shows the seat is a LOT cooler than a lot of fans want it to be and the media have speculated it is. 

I see almost no way this regime doesn't remain into 2024 at the very least. And the likelihood is the rope is a fair bit longer. Part of the reason why is surely that Terry knows he isn't great at these appointments. For all that McD and Beane ain't perfect and there are legit holes you can pick in both, they are overwhelmingly the two best hires that Pegs has made across multiple attempts for two franchises. 

They’re a top 5 combination in the league. Not one GM or HC is without flaws. 

It’s just fatigue from the fan base - happens everywhere. Grass is always greener or something like that. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Already some here hoping they get fired anyways, it’s so much fun sit back and watch the mental gymnastics required to maintain their thought process, 😂 🍸🚬, where’s my bar snacks…, 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

Amazing how you can under perform in the playoffs year after year, and get rewarded for it.

I guess management is similar to many fans, and they are simply content not being the old Bills that were never a threat to even make the playoffs

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

They’re a top 5 combination in the league. Not one GM or HC is without flaws. 

It’s just fatigue from the fan base - happens everywhere. Grass is always greener or something like that. 

I think top 5 is slightly higher than I'd have them but I agree with the spirit of your comment. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Amazing how you can under perform in the playoffs year after year, and get rewarded for it.

I guess management is similar to many fans, and they are simply content not being the old Bills that were never a threat to even make the playoffs

They don’t underperform. That’s the thing. At least not consistently. They are 1 of 2 teams to win a playoff game each of the last 3 years.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think this move shows Pegula didn't want them to feel like they were on the hot seat and wanted to take some pressure off of them.  That doesn't mean there won't be expectations to bring this team to a Super Bowl and I think Beane and McDermott have proven they are both self-motivated but Pegula just wants them to feel comfortable.  In that sense I like this move, and it's not like they can't get fired down the road if this thing does go off the rails completely.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They don’t underperform. That’s the thing. At least not consistently. They are 1 of 2 teams to win a playoff game each of the last 3 years.

Failed to meet expectations two straight years, and were embarrassed on their home field last season says otherwise 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

They have changed the culture of the organization. Of course, Allen is a big part of that. Three straight division titles, 5 playoff appearances in 6 years so it's no surprise Pegula extended them. They need to get over the hump in the playoffs as these playoff disappointments are getting old.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I've had a side-eye on McD for the past year, but I'm all for stability. Especially with a duo who has performed as well as they have.

On a side note: I wonder if McD would ever be open to a “promotion” to President of Football Operations, like Parcells. Have the HC and GM answer to him. Terry takes a further step back to focus on family. Get a new, fiery HC in.

16 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You can also throw in that with the new stadium,  stability getting into it might be on everyone's mind as well.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.