The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

16 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

When was the last time you heard Allen say one of his teammates made a mistake 

I suspect that this is exactly how he would have wanted Allen to respond.  Diggs has been very vocal about not making excuses and anything else from Allen would have come across as patronizing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why? Diggs knows he ran the wrong route. That’s why he’s acting the way he is.

It shows he expects as much from himself as he expects from others.  Yet as good as Diggs is he can have an off play at an inopportune moment and he may vent but it's better 5han letting all that anger stay internal.  That can cause more mental lapses as the stress builds with no release.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

When was the last time you heard Allen say one of his teammates made a mistake 

He doesn't.  But in this case he was asked about a specific incident and he explained what happened, instead of letting people assume Diggs was being a malcontent.  Given that Josh is the first person to take blame, I doubt Diggs has/had a problem with what he said. 

• Like (+1) 2

It's amazing to me how much time and energy today's society - myself included - devotes to parsing everything someone says and pontificating on what it meant, why they said it, what they should have said, how it affected the person they said it to or about, yadda yadda yadda....

What a colossal waste of time!  And yet, here I am.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

He doesn't.  But in this case he was asked about a specific incident and he explained what happened, instead of letting people assume Diggs was being a malcontent.  Given that Josh is the first person to take blame, I doubt Diggs has/had a problem with what he said. 

I feel like Diggs and Allen are close enough and enough time lapsed between the game and this PC for it to be possible, if not probable, that Diggs either gave permission for Allen to say this or flat out instructed him to in order to put out the ridiculous fire.

I hadn't seen Josh's comments, but good on him!  Hell, I saw an article on Apple News titled "5 teams that should trade for Diggs"  The #1 team was Kansas City, which dear author, if you're going to troll us, don't make it so obvi...

Link: https://fansided.com/posts/5-teams-that-should-call-bills-about-stefon-diggs-after-sideline-outburst-01hc8159qgbq/5

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

For the people worried about Josh's comments.  Here is Diggs response when asked about it:

Diggs was asked about Allen’s comments on Thursday, October 12, and the three-time Pro Bowler was grateful for Allen’s support.

“I’m thankful to have a quarterback to have my back in every instance,” Diggs told reporters, “especially considering people don’t know what’s going on on the sideline. They don’t hear, they just see. And it’s easy to react and draw whatever conclusions you want from what you saw. But as a player and leader on this team, I hold myself to a very high standard and people don’t understand that.

“To a lot of people in the regular world, I consider it to be a game, and it is a game, but I just don’t play about this game. I take it to heart. I give it everything I got and I’m very hard on myself.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bills-wr-stefon-diggs-responds-to-josh-allen-s-ticks-me-off-comment/ar-AA1i7Qqc?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d4f56b272b644491aed456cbe30dfeda&ei=13

8 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You're joking right?  This is sarcasm right?

He isn't.  That is FilthyBeast.  I assume his account got a vacation again so he logged into one of his many others.  He did this same ***** on BBMB when we were all over there before it closed down.  Same names too.  The guy is just a clown.  Ask @teef, he'll tell you.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Last game showed me that Diggs is still Diggs, at least physically.  What we're not seeing is the energetic jubilant version that we saw in previous years.  Diggs and Josh have a very businesslike relationship right now, and I'm not seeing the same love they had for each other in the past.  Unfortunately, it looks like this has run its course. 

That being said, I appreciate Diggs handling it as professionally as he has been, but once he's gone, I'm sure we'll get a little insight as to what happened.  Unless of course we win it all, as winning cures all. 

For now, and for the good of the team, somebody needs to tell these 2 to just hug it out.  

• Disagree 4

Just now, Allen2Moulds said:

Last game showed me that Diggs is still Diggs, at least physically.  What we're not seeing is the energetic jubilant version that we saw in previous years.  Diggs and Josh have a very businesslike relationship right now, and I'm not seeing the same love they had for each other in the past.  Unfortunately, it looks like this has run its course. 

That being said, I appreciate Diggs handling it as professionally as he has been, but once he's gone, I'm sure we'll get a little insight as to what happened.  Unless of course we win it all, as winning cures all. 

For now, and for the good of the team, somebody needs to tell these 2 to just hug it out.  

you obviously havent seen any of the videos of him during the games going around on social media then. This post could not be further from the truth. 

• Like (+1) 1

I saw him going up and down the sidelines getting guys fired up last game.

Pumping up other players. Encouraging the defense. Trying to calm Josh down after picks.

Low energy isn't a term I would use to describe diggs 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5