The Allen-Diggs Relationship in Decline?

hondo in seattle

14 hours ago, Billl said:

Have you ever heard of a QB complementing a WR by saying that “he doesn’t complain”, though?  I think he was sending a message to Diggs, and I respect him for it.  As great as Diggs is, he’s Pippen.  Seems like they’ve patched it up, and I don’t think Josh would make that comment today.  It actually makes more sense that he said it three weeks ago.

I'm not sure Allen meant it as a dig at Diggs.  But this is a good point.  QBs usually talk about a receiver's work ethic, route running, speed, hands, separation, preparation...  Not his lack of complaining.  You do have to wonder why that trait came to Allen's mind.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not sure Allen meant it as a dig at Diggs.  But this is a good point.  QBs usually talk about a receiver's work ethic, route running, speed, hands, separation, preparation...  Not his lack of complaining.  You do have to wonder why that trait came to Allen's mind.  

It’s one of his go to comments about people- common in his interviews 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Billl said:

Have you ever heard of a QB complementing a WR by saying that “he doesn’t complain”, though?  I think he was sending a message to Diggs, and I respect him for it.  As great as Diggs is, he’s Pippen.  Seems like they’ve patched it up, and I don’t think Josh would make that comment today.  It actually makes more sense that he said it three weeks ago.

Big shock-  but you’re a bills fan too….. right?  

troll on troller

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how much Colin Cowherd ever knows what he talks about.  But he's been talking about the Diggs-Allen relationship again:

"Once a relationship between a quarterback and receiver goes south, you can't unsour the milk. You gotta throw the milk out and you’re not getting rid of quarterbacks, and in most cases the wide receivers leave.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-cowherd-bills-are-preparing-themselves-for-life-without-stefon-diggs/ar-AA1dJHiC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b392184f52c54283a2b6bdcab0b9bada&ei=24

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I'm not sure how much Colin Cowherd ever knows what he talks about.  But he's been talking about the Diggs-Allen relationship again:

"Once a relationship between a quarterback and receiver goes south, you can't unsour the milk. You gotta throw the milk out and you’re not getting rid of quarterbacks, and in most cases the wide receivers leave.

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-cowherd-bills-are-preparing-themselves-for-life-without-stefon-diggs/ar-AA1dJHiC?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=b392184f52c54283a2b6bdcab0b9bada&ei=24

This could be accurate.  But then again, I have a feeling Josh is going to throw a 43 yard TD pass (or something like that) to Diggs on our opening MNF game of the season, and he will run down the field and do his little dance crap with Diggs and hug him in the end zone and walk back to the sideline with him....later the camera will show them laughing and talking on the sideline, re-living the play.

And then we are all going to be saying in the game thread "Oh yeah, they really seem to hate each other!"  and this will be forgotten quickly.

That's my hunch!

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This could be accurate.  But then again, I have a feeling Josh is going to throw a 43 yard TD pass (or something like that) to Diggs on our opening MNF game of the season, and he will run down the field and do his little dance crap with Diggs and hug him in the end zone and walk back to the sideline with him....later the camera will show them laughing and talking on the sideline, re-living the play.

And then we are all going to be saying in the game thread "Oh yeah, they really seem to hate each other!"  and this will be forgotten quickly.

That's my hunch!

I hope you're right.  Even as someone who worries about their relationship, I think there's been a lot of questionable opinions circulating in the media without a lot of hard evidence.  We know about Diggs blowing up on the sideline and having some kind of unspecified issue at training camp.  The rest is circumstantial and speculative. 

Allen has already said there's no problem.  I'd love for Diggs to publicly reinforce that.  Or, better, see what you described, Diggs and Allen hugging after a big score and then laughing on the sidelines.  

I think, given our cap limitations, Beane did a nice job upgrading an already talented offensive roster.  I'd hate for an interpersonal problem to slow us down.  

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He didn’t really upgrade much at all with cap $… signed a couple JAG WRs and a reserve linemen… really debatable if they are upgraded at all(although it would be pretty damn hard to not be an upgrade over Saffold) or if they do anything to help the team be better offensively.

The bigger upgrades came via the draft and we have no idea if they’ll be able to impact positively early in their careers. 

I pretty much agree with this.  This TE kid they drafted who will play slot WR looks like the most promising thing acquired this offseason; but will he get to play a ton?  Will he get a ton of throws?  Will he be any good?  

What if he turns into a dropper?  My point is he's unproven, big time, as of now.  

He could turn into a HOFer, too.

I have high hopes for him to add a big impact but remain skeptical.

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He didn’t really upgrade much at all with cap $… signed a couple JAG WRs and a reserve linemen… really debatable if they are upgraded at all(although it would be pretty damn hard to not be an upgrade over Saffold) or if they do anything to help the team be better offensively.

The bigger upgrades came via the draft and we have no idea if they’ll be able to impact positively early in their careers. 

I like the RB room way more than I did last year with Singletary.. just think it fits what we're wanting to do much more effectively.  

As an aside, I also like Kyle Allen more than Case Keenum.. if Josh Allen has to miss a few games (like he probably should have last year)

The OL, it's all projection..

-Year 2 Kromer effect on the OL

-McGovern added, but we were mainly all high on Saffold, so....

-Better depth with Edwards and Shell (if they make the team)

At WR, we made minor talent upgrades at WR 3/4..  I think most would agree Harty is more talented than McKenzie.  I also think most would agree that Sherfield is more talented than a Kumerow.   But how much does that really move the needle?... We'll see.

As you point out.. Kincaid and Torrence are the potential needle movers on Offense, but as rookies, they could also be limited and/or depth. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

As an aside, I also like Kyle Allen more than Case Keenum.. if Josh Allen has to miss a few games (like he probably should have last year)

As an aside to the aside, there’s a pair of Case Keenum’s blue game-used uniform pants on eBay from last year, and they are size 28. 🤨. How is an NFL QB who is not Bryce Young a size 28 waist?

14 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

RB? Who cares. This is a passing team. It’s a position that will make minimal impact on the offenses/teams success. The difference between what they had last year there and now is so minimal IMO.

Overall, you summed up my point well though… they’ve made minimal moves that may or may not help. Like I said prior to FA, I wish they’d adopt a philosophy of putting the defense on the back burner and stacking offense, but it will never happen with this regime… the offense is really counting on Kincaid to be the difference which is asking a lot out of a rookie… and my guess is the WR room will be completely overhauled next off-season, including Diggs. 

Sure, RB's are a dime a dozen outside the few elite.. but my hope is that the RB room is designed, from here on out, to take a few hits per game off Josh Allen.  

IMO, if that comes to fruition, it's a big deal. 

• 1 month later...

So much unsourced stuff being said about Diggs it's hard to know what to believe.  This is from Jason Whitlock, for what it's worth:

“I said it a month or two ago, Stefon Diggs does not want to be in Buffalo. It’s cold up there, his brother plays in Dallas, he wants to be in a better city than Buffalo, and he’s painting this picture ‘OUR SUPER BOWL WINDOW IS CLOSING! JOSH ALLEN NEEDS TO DO THIS!’ He’s painting a picture for him to get out of Buffalo and to get to a city with better strip clubs. I said it a month ago and I’ll say it again—this is about strip clubs, it ain’t about championships. He doesn't care about being a pro, he doesn’t care about winning a championship, he wants to be in a better city. Go look at the teams in that division. Miami Dolphins; he would rather be in Miami. The New England Patriots; he’d rather be in Boston. The New York Jets; he’d rather be in NYC. He’s stuck up in Buffalo, it’s cold there, and I’m just telling you what I know and what I believe—with these young guys and all this discretionary income, and his brother in the NFL, he wants to be in a city where it’s easier to pop bottles, he wants to be somewhere where it’s easier to fly in the Instagram models and that’s what this is about. This has nothing to do with winning, this has nothing to do with dissatisfaction of Josh Allen. He’s going to put all the pressure on Josh Allen and the media is going to eat it up because Josh Allen doesn’t have the complexion for the connection. It’s unfair what Stefon Diggs is about to do to Josh Allen."

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-whitlock-the-real-reason-stefon-diggs-wants-out-of-buffalo/ar-AA1fXszv?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4abc7dae46d749cb83a57e4fc5e4c688&ei=31

33 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

So much unsourced stuff being said about Diggs it's hard to know what to believe.  This is from Jason Whitlock, for what it's worth:

“I said it a month or two ago, Stefon Diggs does not want to be in Buffalo. It’s cold up there, his brother plays in Dallas, he wants to be in a better city than Buffalo, and he’s painting this picture ‘OUR SUPER BOWL WINDOW IS CLOSING! JOSH ALLEN NEEDS TO DO THIS!’ He’s painting a picture for him to get out of Buffalo and to get to a city with better strip clubs. I said it a month ago and I’ll say it again—this is about strip clubs, it ain’t about championships. He doesn't care about being a pro, he doesn’t care about winning a championship, he wants to be in a better city. Go look at the teams in that division. Miami Dolphins; he would rather be in Miami. The New England Patriots; he’d rather be in Boston. The New York Jets; he’d rather be in NYC. He’s stuck up in Buffalo, it’s cold there, and I’m just telling you what I know and what I believe—with these young guys and all this discretionary income, and his brother in the NFL, he wants to be in a city where it’s easier to pop bottles, he wants to be somewhere where it’s easier to fly in the Instagram models and that’s what this is about. This has nothing to do with winning, this has nothing to do with dissatisfaction of Josh Allen. He’s going to put all the pressure on Josh Allen and the media is going to eat it up because Josh Allen doesn’t have the complexion for the connection. It’s unfair what Stefon Diggs is about to do to Josh Allen."

www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/jason-whitlock-the-real-reason-stefon-diggs-wants-out-of-buffalo/ar-AA1fXszv?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=4abc7dae46d749cb83a57e4fc5e4c688&ei=31

consider the source

always consider the source

look at the guy who is spouting this stuff, Jason Whitlock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Whitlock

I mean, C'mon, we all have our political opinions and here isn't the place to air them, but this is a guy who publicly stated that "a lot of what (people with different political views from him) supports is Satanic".  That's "few peas short of a casserole" talk IMHO.

Diggs lives in the "private jet" tax bracket.  He can put whatever women he wants on a jet and fly them into whatever city he wants, and have his people put a couple of cases of Dom Perignon on the plane if he can't buy the exact year he wants locally

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Kind of feels like he's projecting.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

whatever Jason Whitlock says, the truth is the opposite

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 3

I don't see it, I know Diggs likes the ladies like myself and many on here, but I think this is just media b.s

On the same hand, when there's smoke there's fire and there have many ppl saying this , so it could be possible 

All I know is he Has to know it's impossible to move him, just restructured and he'll show up every Sun Thurs Mon etc 

23 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Is he actually serious, or just trying to drum up clicks with his conservative audience? Been a while since he’s had an unbiased opinion. 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't see it, I know Diggs likes the ladies like myself and many on here, but I think this is just media b.s

I agree, he likes the ladies

Point is... for a football player during the season, there isn't a lot of time for clubbing, not if you take it seriously and hit the hypobaric chamber on the regular (and Diggs does take it seriously).

As I said, if he wants ladies, Diggs can fly anyone he wants into Buffalo in his private jet with no risk of disappointment or misunderstanding.

That jet can fly the ladies into Buffalo actually easier than bigger cities, more landing slots available.

• Disagree 1

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree, he likes the ladies

Point is... for a football player during the season, there isn't a lot of time for clubbing, not if you take it seriously and hit the hypobaric chamber on the regular (and Diggs does take it seriously).

As I said, if he wants ladies, Diggs can fly anyone he wants into Buffalo in his private jet with no risk of disappointment or misunderstanding.

That jet can fly the ladies into Buffalo actually easier than bigger cities, more landing slots available.

Exactly.  I agree. And Diggs , on the surface at least , takes the game and that C on his jersey very serious 

This just keeps showing how low class journalism has become lol

Dudes a joke... No professional football player... who's Serious about his craft... Just wants strip clubs lol 

Stef can go from New York City to Toronto to Miami anytime he wants in the off-season.... And even during the week when he has a day

I don't think he's looking for strip clubs in September

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The strip clubs in Niagara Falls are better than NYC or Boston, maybe not Miami, but the Canadian Ballet is world-renowned.

2 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Fort Erie would blow a bunch of those spots away!! 10 minute ride for Stef😎

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently the writer never heard of the Canadian ballet.

This. I’ve been to some strip clubs in my day. But the clubs in Niagara Falls and Fort Erie easily blow away any other club I’ve been anywhere else. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The strip clubs in Niagara Falls are better than NYC or Boston, maybe not Miami, but the Canadian Ballet is world-renowned.

12 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Fort Erie would blow a bunch of those spots away!! 10 minute ride for Stef😎

12 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Apparently the writer never heard of the Canadian ballet.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Boston strip clubs are horrible.

Apparently this board is simply loaded with international strip club connoisseurs.

Awaiting a report on the strip clubs in London

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Apparently this board is simply loaded with international strip club connoisseurs.

Awaiting a report on the strip clubs in London

Major part of growing up in WNY. Drinking age is only 19, and it was quicker/easier to get to the Fort Erie clubs than anything downtown (which we couldnt get into at 19 anyways).

It's a rite of passage for many young men in Buffalo.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Beck Water said:

consider the source

always consider the source

look at the guy who is spouting this stuff, Jason Whitlock:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Whitlock

I mean, C'mon, we all have our political opinions and here isn't the place to air them, but this is a guy who publicly stated that "a lot of what (people with different political views from him) supports is Satanic".  That's "few peas short of a casserole" talk IMHO.

Diggs lives in the "private jet" tax bracket.  He can put whatever women he wants on a jet and fly them into whatever city he wants, and have his people put a couple of cases of Dom Perignon on the plane if he can't buy the exact year he wants locally

No politics because…..politics = only one type of politics.

12 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Major part of growing up in WNY. Drinking age is only 19, and it was quicker/easier to get to the Fort Erie clubs than anything downtown (which we couldnt get into at 19 anyways).

It's a rite of passage for many young men in Buffalo.

LOL I believe you.  Where the kid went to college, lot of school break "ski" trips had 19 reasons to head for Canada

it was more the definitive-sounding comparisons to NYC, Boston, Miami etc that amused me.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

he wants to be somewhere where it’s easier to fly in the Instagram models and that’s what this is about.

Does Whitlock understand what he is describing here is technically Sex Trafficking.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Does Whitlock understand what he is describing here is technically Sex Trafficking.

Is that a real question?  See my post above - when a guy says some of the stuff I quoted, it's entirely appropriate to question his understanding in general (IMO)

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1