The Wall of Fame - been a while...

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Since the passing of Ralph Wilson in 2014, they've only honored the 2 individuals who were left off it by him:
2015 Lou Saban
2017 Cookie Gilchrist

Are we done with the "Super Bowl" era?
Cornelius Bennett?
James Lofton?
Ruben Brown?
Eric Moulds?

Is any player from the drought era worthy?
Kyle Williams?
Fred Jackson?
Brian Moorman?
Aaron Schobel?
Eric Wood?

13 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Since the passing of Ralph Wilson in 2014, they've only honored the 2 individuals who were left off it by him:
2015 Lou Saban
2017 Cookie Gilchrist

Cornelius Bennett?
James Lofton?
Ruben Brown?
Eric Moulds?

Kyle Williams?
Fred Jackson?
Brian Moorman?
Aaron Schobel?
Eric Wood?

I think Kyle and Freddie are shoe-ins...Biscuit, Reuben, and Moulds should be. B-)

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

2015 Lou Saban
2017 Cookie Gilchrist

Cornelius Bennett?
James Lofton?
Ruben Brown?
Eric Moulds?

Kyle Williams?
Fred Jackson?
Brian Moorman?
Aaron Schobel?
Eric Wood?

I have been beating the Schobel drum for years and will continue to.

• Nine seasons with the Bills ... the only team he played for.
  • In eight of those seasons, he played all 16 games.
  • Second most sacks in Bills history (78).

I think he has earned his spot.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You can make a case for all of the following.

Schobel, Brown, Moulds, Jackson, and Williams

You can make a case that none of them were superstar players and to avoid watering down the Wall of Fame that none of them should go up. That said there are guys like Ferguson, Conlan, Hansen, and Smerlas that don't belong with some of the true greats of the game.  

They won't take those names down when they move to the new stadium but it doesn't mean they have to have a low bar to make the Wall. Im not saying only HOF guys should be on the wall either. I've been saying for years that Schobel should be next after Cookie made it. 

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 3

54 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

2015 Lou Saban
2017 Cookie Gilchrist

Cornelius Bennett?
James Lofton?
Ruben Brown?
Eric Moulds?

Kyle Williams?
Fred Jackson?
Brian Moorman?
Aaron Schobel?
Eric Wood?

They won't touch Bennett with a 39 foot pole. Lofton was his best for Green Bay and didn't have the longevity as a Bill. Ruben Brown maybe, Moulds idk, I've heard some stories.

Williams is a yes. I'd like Jackson also but idk if he has the numbers or longevity or even a season of legitimate greatness as much as I live him. Moorman maybe, Schobel maybe, Wood probably not.

How about Stevie Johnson? He had accomplishments no other Bills Wr had to that point.

We can put Diggs and Allen up there now.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Kyle Williams is the most deserving to be on the Wall.

You could make a case for Eric Wood as well.

I agree with @Gugnyon Aaron Schobel. He deserves more recognition. I feel like he's become a forgotten player.

I love Fred Jackson's story and he was a damn good player. I just don't see him being on the Wall.

Ruben Brown is deserving.

James Lofton was a big help for us during the Super Bowl years, but he wasn't here long enough.

I would only put Eric Moulds, Ruben Brown and possibly Kyle Williams. Moulds and brown were dominant and recognized nationally for their skill. Brown could be a future HOF’er so he should be up there.

I love Freddie but you can’t have everybody up there. He is a legend so that gives him more cache but he was never one of the best in the league. Just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree with @Gugnyon Aaron Schobel. He deserves more recognition. I feel like he's become a forgotten player.

I love Fred Jackson's story and he was a damn good player. I just don't see him being on the Wall.

James Lofton was a big help for us during the Super Bowl years, but he wasn't here long enough.

Schobel was above average but played a long time so he got good stats. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Schobel played quietly and left quietly.  All business with that dude.  Admirable, if you ask me.

I think two players who are universally loved by Bills fans are Fred and Fitz.  Neither really deserves a spot on the Wall, but I think anyone would be hard-pressed to think of any other player(s) as loved as those two.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Schobel played quietly and left quietly.  All business with that dude.  Admirable, if you ask me.

I think two players who are universally loved by Bills fans are Fred and Fitz.  Neither really deserves a spot on the Wall, but I think anyone would be hard-pressed to think of any other player(s) as loved as those two.

No question about those two, but I would add that Kyle WIlliams was beloved as well.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

No question about those two, but I would add that Kyle WIlliams was beloved as well.

Yep, agreed.  And I do think Kyle has a case to be on the Wall, for sure.  Every bit as much as Schoebel, if not more.  I think Schoebel was skipped over because he wasn't a "face" of the team.  They are both deserving.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Fred's the third leading rusher in Bills history.

He's third in team history in rushing yards with 5,646, behind Thurman (11,938) and OJ (10,183) and fifth in rushing touchdowns with 30, behind Cookie (31), Josh (38), OJ (57) and Thurman (65). Given how people loved him and how much he loved the team, I think he's a good candidate for the wall. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

To truly have a wall of fame only exceptional players should be considered. I liked and respect a lot of the former guys but most that have been mentioned here should not be considered. Here in Edmonton(NHL) we retire jerseys of HoF players only. That may be a bit harsh so perhaps adding fringe HoF guys(ie Tasker) as well as HoFers. 

43 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He's third in team history in rushing yards with 5,646, behind Thurman (11,938) and OJ (10,183) and fifth in rushing touchdowns with 30, behind Cookie (31), Josh (38), OJ (57) and Thurman (65). Given how people loved him and how much he loved the team, I think he's a good candidate for the wall. 

Interestingly the 10th and 11th in all-time rushing yards for the Bills are both on the team.  Devin Singletary and Josh Allen.

Not sure if Singletary will be back next season (I have serious doubts with the $ invested in the position with Hines already), but Josh should easily move into 7th next season, perhaps even 5th (a little less than 800 yards away).

1 hour ago, Ned Flanders said:

I could be wrong, but I believe Fred's the third leading rusher in Bills history.

He is. His career yards per game was 53.3, Devin Singletary's is 51.7. Singletary is the team's 10th leading rusher all time.

For comparison, Travis Henry, the #5 rusher in team history averaged over 71 yards a game and only had 3 fewer rushing TDs than Fred in 52 fewer games.

2011 was his best season IMO.  Played in 10 games due to injury.  934 yards, 6 rushing TDs, 5.5 average, 39 catches, 442 yards, 11.3 average, 0 receiving TDs

He did have 1 1,000 yard season. 2009, he ran for 1062 yards and 2 TDs

I love Fred Jackson, I think we all love Fred Jackson, but we love the man and the story as much as has is production.  Does that put him on the wall? 

Edited by That's No Moon

4 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

4 orders of business for the WoF committee…

1 - Add Butch Byrd

2 - Add Aaron Schobel

3 - Add Eric Moulds

4 - Remove OJ

I won't be surprised if that's one name that "mistakenly" gets left off whatever the new "Wall Of Fame" is when the new stadium gets built. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

None of the guys from the drought era belong.  The only two guys that arguably deserve consideration , imo, are Eric Moulds and Ruben Brown.  Moulds at his best was elite and truly one of the best WRs in the league. 

As much as I love guys like Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams, they were never all-pro types and only have a single playoff appearance between them.  Not WOF worthy.

• Agree 3

Fred Jackson??? Good lord, dude has 5k career rushing yards and 1k only once. His best session in his career was 1000 yards 2 TD. You guys aren't serious, are you? That's embarrassing. 

Players can be known fan favorites without being on the wall 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Like (+1) 3

Eric Moulds is THE BEST BILL I have seen play not to be on that wall, period. He should be duly honored as he will never don a gold jacket for the NFL HOF because of the chronic inability of the organization to get a quarterback worth a damn.

I'm all aboard the Moulds train at this point.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.