Cody Ford has to buy his own jerseys and helmet from the Cardinals to take with him

PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Man cave item is all I got. No call for a hall of anything for that stuff.

I mean if you were an an NFL player, wouldn't you want your stuff for your man cave or den? I just think it's weird teams would charge players for it. Is it just the cheapass Cards or do the Bills do the same?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

12 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Man cave item is all I got. No call for a hall of anything for that stuff.

Can't think of anything else either.

Although when he's out of the league shortly, a memento from an unsuccessful one year stint might not be something you want to look at every time you go downstairs to grab a cheap steak out of the freezer. :doh:

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Simon said:

Why the heck would you want it at all?

Either you'll get more from teh Cards next year or you'll be somewhere else and won't want a stanky old gear from somewhere you're not even playing

It's his first year with that team right so probably just wants a set of jersey's and helmet to keep.

• Agree 1

At the end of Marine Corps boot camp I had to pay for my all unis. Came off Parris Island with $600 bucks in my pocket after three months of hell. I later learned they deducted everything... Soap, unis, shaving cream, etc. And this was 2001. Not the 70's. It's petty when these dudes make millions, but that kind of puts it in perspective.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Simon said:

Although when he's out of the league shortly, a memento from an unsuccessful one year stint might not be something you want to look at every time you go downstairs to grab a cheap steak out of the freezer. :doh:

man, if I had Cody fords career my grandchildren would think teams were battling for my services. I’d be nearly as mythical as Santa clause by the time I was done showing off my gear. 

that aside, wasn’t Arizona the one that got called out a few years back for shorting things like bonus checks by the postage amount to send them?

Edited by NoSaint
  • Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

man, if I had Cody fords career my grandchildren would think teams were battling for my services. I’d be nearly as mythical as Santa clause by the time I was done showing off my gear. 

And you've always seemed so humble and understated.

Boy, did I have you read wrong. :D

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I mean if you were an an NFL player, wouldn't you want your stuff for your man cave or den? I just think it's weird teams would charge players for it. Is it just the cheapass Cards or do the Bills do the same?

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Von Miller says he keeps everything these days.

I don’t know man, they guy loves football, and he’ll want to look back and be proud of how good he was at it. Maybe not comparatively to other guards in the NFL, but football has treated him well.

Why not have a jersey and helmet from each team you play for?

• Like (+1) 5

Gotta pay for that Kyler Murray guaranteed deal somehow.  LOL. 

34 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

At the end of Marine Corps boot camp I had to pay for my all unis. Came off Parris Island with $600 bucks in my pocket after three months of hell. I later learned they deducted everything... Soap, unis, shaving cream, etc. And this was 2001. Not the 70's. It's petty when these dudes make millions, but that kind of puts it in perspective.

I know the USMC doesn't have the money the Army does, but this is bonkers.  I did Basic in 2002 and all the individual initial entry gear from the central issue facility were not charged including sets of BDU's (cammies), jacket, socks, boots, hats, etc.  Did have to buy personal hygiene items at PX when we finally taken there.

Either the USMC was/is cheaper than I thought or something ain't gelling with your story. 

29 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Damn. Like others, I'm wondering how this is handled on other teams. 

Seems like a real cheap move to me...unless you are the raiders, then its understandable lol

I read an article about a Cowboy player doing the same thing.  Was only there a year or less and he wanted to keep his helmet.  Cowboys wanted $250. 

He struggled with it but decided to buy it figuring he would regret it later in life. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Why the heck would you want it at all?

Either you'll get more from teh Cards next year or you'll be somewhere else and won't want a stanky old gear from somewhere you're not even playing

It’s sentimental, even if I was a marginal NFL player I would want to have some sort of gear or mementos to remember my time by. They would be good decor for my man cave.

You’ve never held onto a name plate or anything from an old employer before?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Von Miller says he keeps everything these days.

I don’t know man, they guy loves football, and he’ll want to look back and be proud of how good he was at it. Maybe not comparatively to other guards in the NFL, but football has treated him well.

Why not have a jersey and helmet from each team you play for?

Fitzmagic could make a hell of a quilt with his.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just hope Gettleman hasn't hired on part time as Cardinals cafeteria monitor.  Itemized bill will be on the way for everything consumed on team grounds.  He'll even be on the hook for a share of the 'Get Well Kyler!' cake.

🎶Get well, get well soon!

We want you to get well!🎵

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.