Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

4 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Von needs to chill. imho

Beane hasn't gotten to "The best mouth is a closed mouth" and "If my mouth is moving I'm lying" chapters in the NFL GMing for Novices book yet....

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Well I mean I don't know if I'd put it like that, it's good that he tries to recruit certain players...

I'm just saying that some put way too much stock into Von's comments about OBJ feeling he would definitely be a Bill in just a matter of time,

He gets the fans base riled up and perhaps puts Beane in a spot ?

Is it just me or does Von Miller talk an awful lot for a guy who just got here and was injured almost half the season? Seems like he’s getting very close to becoming a distraction to the franchise-wide foundation, not rent-a-team philosophy, that the Bills have been trying to build. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is it just me or does Von Miller talk an awful lot for a guy who just got here and was injured almost half the season? Seems like he’s getting very close to becoming a distraction to the franchise-wide foundation, not rent-a-team philosophy, that the Bills have been trying to build. 

Dramatic much?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

COULD be coming to Buffalo...I would have to actually see this interview to determine how serious it might be

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

I am more interested in what Beane does then what Von says when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you, exactly. It's the 'lying season', after all.. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Think that type of personality only becomes a distraction or problem when they aren’t being a productive player or teammate. Teams have and can tolerate a lot from players who are game changers for their franchise...

Think that sentiment rings true for most fans also. As long as they aren’t a complete piece of work or criminal then the out spoken, media centric possible diva personality can get a pass if they are a difference maker for said team. 

Just now, BBFL said:

Think that type of personality only becomes a distraction or problem when they aren’t being a productive player or teammate. Teams have and can tolerate a lot from players who are game changers for their franchise...

Think that sentiment rings true for most fans also. As long as they aren’t a complete piece of work or criminal then the out spoken, media centric possible diva personality can get a pass if they are a difference maker for said team. 

I agree there, but we’ve yet to see that difference from Von Miller…even if we want to believe it’s there. I’m not saying he’s crossed the line yet, nor did I even hear his comments, but it seems to me that he’s been linked to a few of these threads, trying to get some ‘buddies’ to come to WNY. I didn’t think that’s what the Bills were trying to build. The Rams did it, and now they’re selling off just about everyone from their Super Bowl roster.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t believe Von anymore.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Von never said OBJ wants to be a Bill. I felt like he was just trying to recruit him in but ultimately said OBJ will do what's best for him, which is what OBJ did. On the Pat McCafee show though, he said Dhop WANTS to be here (be a Buffalo Bill) which to me is a completely different narrative than what he ever said about OBJ. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

the only distraction is the insanity of a fan nitpicking everything a player says or does and trying to turn it into a broadway drama

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

the only distraction is the insanity of a fan nitpicking everything a player says or does and trying to turn it into a broadway drama

I’m not suggesting ANY drama at all. Relax! I’m asking whether those in WNY hear or see anything of the sort that I mentioned. All of this is just banter on a message board. Geeeeez! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Von looking like the nerd in school trying to plan a party but then nobody actually showed up.

Von: "all of my friends want to come play with me because I'm so cool."

Von's friends: "we were just trying to be nice."

Brady Bunch K GIF

Edited by KDIGGZ

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

oh that’s rich. So you’re talking about loose lips while gossiping about Von’s personality

Rich indeed.

1) I'm not on the payroll, nor claim to have any "inside knowledge".
2) I have no aspirations to be a GM

In that context, my TBD gossip about Von Miller is clearly the same as Von broadcasting that the Bills "might be getting another big weapon" on a national media outlet.   Thank you for bringing that to all of our attention.  You've done a great job today. Stay awesome my brother!

Edited by DasNootz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Herb Nightly said:

COULD be coming to Buffalo...I would have to actually see this interview to determine how serious it might be

Thank you, exactly. It's the 'lying season', after all.. 

I didn’t know if we’d see you posting here today. Is this some kind of a holiday for you?   😋

7 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Not seeing an impending trade.  If Beane still has any interest at all, IMO it's that he's waiting for a potential AZ release of DHop.

A couple things.  There's no guarantee AZ would release DHop, that's media speculation.  Secondly if it got to that there would be a bidding war, not a good thing for the Bills.  IMO, the move needs to be made at/by the draft or the odds drop significantly of the Bills landing him.

DHop has indicated he is willing to go to the Bills.  So the Bills should be able to know what kind of cap room/salary will be needed to pull it off.  That discussion should have already taken place.  Then the deal depends on what it will take from AZ to let him go.

Maybe something like the Bills have offered a 4th but AZ is holding firm at a 3rd.  So the Bills will wait to see if Addison is within striking range of the Bills 1st and 3rd.  If the Bills can't get him, like Addison goes #17, then the Bills relinquish and pony up the 3rd.