Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

41 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I would keep your eyes on the Jets

The Jets need to add more talent to attract Aaron Rogers.

I could see Jake Kumerow heading that way too.

We shall see...

Jake Kumerow. The guy that somehow still has a job in this league all because some hippy shroom eating freak QB said something nice about him once. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Jake Kumerow. The guy that somehow still has a job in this league all because some hippy shroom eating freak QB said something nice about him once. 

That's 4 time MVP hippy shroom eating freak to you sir!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BananaB said:

A terrible one. 🤷

In your eyes, I'm sure.

So, tell me where in the week 3 game I am supposed to see something great when he covers Hill? I'll go back and look at it again to see if I can see what you are seeing.

Believe me, I like Elam and thought he improved greatly. Just didn't see anything that made me say wow when he was covering Hill.

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Rich Eisen says ‘Dammit, Brandon, Figure it out!’

He’s not wrong.  This is the second most important offseason of Beane’s career and it’s going to define him as a GM.  Make the offense around Allen unstoppable or fall further behind in the AFC arms race.  They don’t give out prizes for cap management.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

I hate the Rams example. 

They picked the perfect year to go for it, in a weak NFC, and avoided the two best teams in the league (Bills/Chiefs). 

They also have a broken down, aging quickly QB and not only went crazy spending, also traded away all their premium picks for years.  

We’re not at all like them, nor should we be like them.  We haven’t spent like they have, haven’t traded picks like they have and we can just sacrifice 2-3 years to go for it because that would be an absolute travesty of a disservice to Josh Allen in his prime. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

I hate the Rams example. 

They picked the perfect year to go for it, in a weak NFC, and avoided the two best teams in the league (Bills/Chiefs). 

They also have a broken down, aging quickly QB and not only went crazy spending, also traded away all their premium picks for years.  

We’re not at all like them, nor should we be like them.  We haven’t spent like that have, haven’t traded picks like they have and we can just sacrifice 2-3 years to go for it because that would be an absolute travesty of a disservice to Josh Allen in his prime. 

You're absolutely correct in what you distinguish. What is the same is the Rams saw an opportune moment to grab a ring and made decisions on that basis. I think Beane getting Hopkins fits that scenario.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He’s not wrong.  This is the second most important offseason of Beane’s career and it’s going to define him as a GM.  Make the offense around Allen unstoppable or fall further behind in the AFC arms race.  They don’t give out prizes for cap management.

I don't even care if they have to gut the defense some. Just score a ton of points and you have Von Miller so you'll get some turnovers now and then. Like if money is the issue then they shouldn't have re-signed Poyer. They always overdo it with defense and leave Allen's weapons lacking as if they want to struggle and make sure other teams have a chance.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't even care if they have to gut the defense some. Just score a ton of points and you have Von Miller so you'll get some turnovers now and then. Like if money is the issue then they shouldn't have re-signed Poyer. They always overdo it with defense and leave Allen's weapons lacking as if they want to struggle and make sure other teams have a chance.

McDermott and his D.

image.png.bacf62f8dc214d46e6cb389e10d28cb5.png

• Haha (+1) 2

On 3/25/2023 at 8:37 PM, IronMaidenBills said:

There is always a simp fan willing to eat a plate of poo. Easiest business in the world. 

And there's always a wildly entitled fan so spoiled, so desperately believing they deserve special treatment that they are willing to deceive themselves that a 13-3 season (in a season when one of their teammates died on the field, when there was a mass shooting, two blizzards with multiple fatalities, the first time in history when a team has had three away games in twelve days) followed by a playoff win and a playoff loss with almost half the defense out or injured ... is equal to

"eating a plate of poo."

Easiest male Karen demonstration in the world.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Yantha said:

I've stayed out of this thread but at 141 pages.....  can someone please give the the summary in ONE post?  LOL.....

Seems I need to catch up.

Stalk Hopkins social media… 
Look up netjets and conjure up wild theories..

ride a roller coaster of emotions.. season over if we don’t get him, Super Bowl parade if we do etc..

in conclusion… Bills are in the mix.  No really breaking news 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You're absolutely correct in what you distinguish. What is the same is the Rams saw an opportune moment to grab a ring and made decisions on that basis. I think Beane getting Hopkins fits that scenario.

Possibly so. But if the Rams had had a young Josh Allen as their QB rather than an old Matt Stafford, that decision would have been catastrophically dumb. We have 12 - 15 years to be competitive. We'll win one or more. The Rams only had another year or two.

It was still a desperate risk for them, but when your window obviously ends extremely soon, desperate risks that greatly handicap you in the future  make more sense.

Just now, Thurman#1 said:

Possibly so. But if the Rams had had a young Josh Allen as their QB rather than an old Matt Stafford, that decision would have been catastrophically dumb. We have 12 - 15 years to be competitive. We'll win one or more. The Rams only had another year or two.

It was still a desperate risk for them, but when your window obviously ends extremely soon, desperate risks that greatly handicap you in the future  make more sense.

Yes, I'm not trying to ignore the important distinctions. I think Beane should be able to find a way to acquire Hopkins without crippling the future. Or, to be more precise, I'd be willing to take some hit to the future to get him. I don't think the cost has to be anywhere near what LA did.

• Like (+1) 1