Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

13 minutes ago, wppete said:

These so called ‘insiders’ are all a joke. They throw everything out there and hopes one of them sticks. 

They really aren't much better than ErieCountyBulls.  Ian Rappaport gives some kind of insider presence but his quotes contain the qualifiers "it's likely not going to be".  Well, no kidding, they just spent for Lazard, and trying for Rogers, and drafted a WR in round 1 last year.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

They really aren't much better than ErieCountyBulls.  Ian Rappaport gives some kind of insider presence but his quotes contain the qualifiers "it's likely not going to be".  Well, no kidding, they just spent for Lazard, and trying for Rogers, and drafted a WR in round 1 last year.

The more the Erie county guy posts the more it seems like BS 

I still think bills are interested if they can get him for good value 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

if KC gets him, thread makes 250. If Bills get him, thread to INFINITY and beyond!

i really dont see KC getting him......i believe the fly in the ointment is Dhop not ready to take a pay cut.....thats whats holding up a deal

if KC was willing to pay top $ for a WR they would have kept tyreek

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, wppete said:

Damn this thread is still going strong. Maybe Beane has a big surprise trade on draft day. 

Oliver would need to exit to take on Hopkins.  Maybe the Bills draft a 1 technique on Day 2 of the draft and then can trade Oliver to free up the cap space.  It is more like Madden and probably not happening at all, but.............go Bills!

10 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

200 strong!  This means its a lock that we dont get him

Haha, very funny because it is very true!

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Proposal:

AZ receives pick #27

BUF receives pick #34, WR DeAndre Hopkins (contract reworked)  + (BUF drafts TE Darnell Washington)

I like it AZ gets the benefit of the 5th year option on that pick as well 

5 hours ago, papazoid said:

i really dont see KC getting him......i believe the fly in the ointment is Dhop not ready to take a pay cut.....thats whats holding up a deal

if KC was willing to pay top $ for a WR they would have kept tyreek

Maybe, but there’s a big difference between paying 30M per/4 years and the draft capital they got back for Tyreek vs paying DHop 19M and 15M over 2 years for a mid-round pick. 

Edited by SCBills

39 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Any updates on this?

The latest updates - Brandon Beane said this re: Hopkins at the League Meetings:

“What I would say is social media is social media. Don’t take that too far. Our name gets thrown in the hat on a lot of things that sometimes we’ve done one percent. One person made one call, and they’ve looped us in that we’re all over him and we’ve offered him a contract. It's funny sometimes."

Then a few hours later, Tim Graham reported:

Then a few days ago, Adam Schefter flat out said "No, the Bills are not trading for DeAndre Hopkins" on NFL Live.

And now DHop has been making Houston Texans teases instead of "Buffalo Soldier" ones.

So, long story short, everything has said it's not happening anymore. My guess is they made a call to see if they could get him for nothing and get him to rework his contract and when it was clear either or neither were possible, that was that.

Yet, people still hold out hope.

• Like (+1) 1

I've been thinking that Hopkins would get traded the week before the draft. Dunno about that though. Now my best guess is that Hopkins is making the Cards cut him by not working with teams on his current contract. That's probably the smartest move for him. Get on the open market and let teams bid on your services without having to factor in draft compensation. Still, if he knows where he wants to go and his agent knows his value a deal should get done.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I've been thinking that Hopkins would get traded the week before the draft. Dunno about that though. Now my best guess is that Hopkins is making the Cards cut him by not working with teams on his current contract. That's probably the smartest move for him. Get on the open market and let teams bid on your services without having to factor in draft compensation. Still, if he knows where he wants to go and his agent knows his value a deal should get done.

I was hoping the delay had been Beane gave a take it or leave it best offer and AZ is hoping someone comes in and beats it prior to the draft.  The problem I have with that thought is I believe in order to afford DHop we would have to move Oliver.  And it seems that would be hard to have all lined up.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I was hoping the delay had been Beane gave a take it or leave it best offer and AZ is hoping someone comes in and beats it prior to the draft.  The problem I have with that thought is I believe in order to afford DHop we would have to move Oliver.  And it seems that would be hard to have all lined up.

He might have other restructures available and ready to pull the trigger should a deal be reached (unlikely but possible). 

It’s pretty cool to have an owner so consistently happy to shell out cash to help us win. Thank you Terry and Kim. Regardless if they do so again this year, they’ve shown a willingness to cut the check and do whatever it takes. 

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I agree. @TOboy has a good point about DHop reworking his contract. That would have to be in place regardless. As for Oliver we’d be selling very low because teams would know we have to find a way to dump his salary. It just makes a lot more sense to finalize the deal before the draft. The Bills would be wise to have a deadline of early next week for a deal. Otherwise they have to plan their draft accordingly. 

On 4/14/2023 at 10:33 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Budda Baker + DeAndre Hopkins

for  

T. Johnson + C. Benford + Ed Oliver 

You traded Ed Olive again!!!! Good job man. You are a master GM though I think we might be giving up too much. 

also, congrats on 200 pages!!! We did it! Excited Season 7 GIF by The Office

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

wizard-of-oz-judy-garland.gif

I think D'Andre Hopkins got Britt pregnant and Josh slept with a bartender.  Stefon Diggs gained possession of sonograms of Britt and the bartender.  Bills are using the sonograms to force Josh to take a pay cut so they can afford Hopkins.  Also, the cops came to Josh's house either at Halloween or the night before the Bengals game because someone was throwing objects and missing their target. No word on who this was but Jordan Palmer was called in for a consultation after the incident. 

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Really? I see about 12 guys I’d be pretty excited about. Including a few in the mid and late rounds

I think the Bills will add someone but like Shakir and Gabe they won't be a #2 or what we need in a 1B option next to Diggs. We will have a team full of "just a guy"' and we don't need a bunch of WR3-5

• Agree 1