Mac Jones is repeatedly dirty and needs to be reined in

Beck Water

So yes the topic was about Mac Jones but then Crowder had to chime in and say Allen?  Josh Allen??

If you don't know the term affluenza, it came up years ago when a rich kid drove drunk and killed 4 people.  The judge didn't sentence him because the kid was never held accountable in his life due to rich parents.

“I heard you talking earlier [in the show] about the Mac Jones body language,” Crowder said. “It’s called affluenza. [If] you’ve been given too much, you have too much money, you’re a little different. I was around a bunch of rich dudes growing up and I played with rich guys. They just have this little demeanor and you know it gets to you. You brought up Jay Cutler. I would bring up Josh Allen in this conversation. Kyler Murray was a trust fund baby.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/channing-crowder-accuses-patriots-mac-jones-of-affluenza/

That doesn't even make any sense when applied to Allen. 

Crowder continued to say that there are some people who are born into wealth but remain hungry and level-headed.

“There are guys that have money and don’t act like it,” Crowder said. “Zach Thomas, I don’t know if Zach wants me telling this to the world, his dad’s a billionaire. And Zach Thomas is one of the hardest workers I ever touched the field with. It didn’t get to him. That affluenza gets to some [people]. It did not get to Trevor Lawrence.”

Josh Allen isn't a hard worker?  The same Josh Allen who came into the NFL as one of the rawest projects the league had seen since Jamarcus Russell?  That Josh Allen?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So yes the topic was about Mac Jones but then Crowder had to chime in and say Allen?  Josh Allen??

If you don't know the term affluenza, it came up years ago when a rich kid drove drunk and killed 4 people.  The judge didn't sentence him because the kid was never held accountable in his life due to rich parents.

“I heard you talking earlier [in the show] about the Mac Jones body language,” Crowder said. “It’s called affluenza. [If] you’ve been given too much, you have too much money, you’re a little different. I was around a bunch of rich dudes growing up and I played with rich guys. They just have this little demeanor and you know it gets to you. You brought up Jay Cutler. I would bring up Josh Allen in this conversation. Kyler Murray was a trust fund baby.”

https://nypost.com/2023/01/04/channing-crowder-accuses-patriots-mac-jones-of-affluenza/

I remember that story.  Disgusting.  

I could not -- absolutely could NOT -- care any less about what Channing Crowder has to say about literally any topic on earth.

That said, this term does not apply to Josh Allen. Not in the slightest.

Crowder doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. And I'm willing to bet all the money I have (all 14 dollars) that Crowder has never met Josh Allen. 100% Talking out of his ass.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's a f@#$ing scumbag.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/channing-crowder-miami-do_n_771215

"If I get a chance to knock somebody out, I'm going to knock them out and take what they give me," Crowder said. "They give me a helmet, I'm going to use it."

4 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

That doesn't even make any sense when applied to Allen. 

Josh Allen isn't a hard worker?  The same Josh Allen who came into the NFL as one of the rawest projects the league had seen since Jamarcus Russell?  That Josh Allen?

Trevor Lawrence is from Cartersville, GA about 30 minutes from me.  It's a rural town and not much money.

Not to say there isn't rich neighborhoods there, not sure what his parents did for a living but I never heard of him being a super rich kid.

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't know who this Crowder dude is but he needs to clam up about players he knows little about. If he intended to write about Right Josh, he should issue an apology for being callous with his statements

Edited by Fan in Chicago

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Trevor Lawrence is from Cartersville, GA about 30 minutes from me.  It's a rural town and not much money.

Not to say there isn't rich neighborhoods there, not sure what his parents did for a living but I never heard of him being a super rich kid.

It just sounds like he knows nothing about the players he is talking about.

28 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

wrong Josh  🤷‍♂️ 

24 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Those stuck up farm boys

For real

So much privilege with those muddy boots, tractors, and schitt-smell.

I grew up in a farm town (still live in an AG district), and affluent is not a word you could use to describe ANYONE from my hometown except MAYBE the guy that owns the dump. Yup. The dump. And he still drives a rusty 4x4 pickup.

Looks like crowder suffers from ignorance and lack of perspective on how farmers work and live.

I remember when that Jets assistant coach tripped a Dolphins' kick returner while he was running up the sideline.

After the game, Crowder said, "I wish he'd have tried to trip me.  I'd have broke that old man's leg."

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

wrong Josh  🤷‍♂️ 

Yeah, I actually DO kind of wonder if Crowder was thinking of and meant to say Josh ROSEN,  not Josh ALLEN. Because the term affluenza -- to the degree that it has any meaning at all -- certainly WOULD apply to Rosen.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah, I actually DO kind of wonder if Crowder was thinking of and meant to say Josh ROSEN,  not Josh ALLEN. Because the term affluenza -- to the degree that it has any meaning at all -- certainly WOULD apply to Rosen.

Yes.  Rosen is the son of Princeton graduates and actually was seriously recruited there before ending up at UCLA.  Unlike Allen, he was always going either big-time D-1 or Ivy League.

On a related note, long before the term "affluenza" was invented, Pete Carril always used to say "I don't recruit three-car garage guys."

Haven't read the story or seen any clips, but did anyone try to correct Crowder or give him an opportunity to correct himself?

Edited by BRH
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Channing Crowder doesn't know ***** from shinola bringing Josh Allen into it

That's not the vibe his teammates give off about him.  They love him.  They would run through a wall for him. 

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

A watermelon farmer who had to recruit himself into a division 1 college suffers from affluenza? Wut? 

I had to do an eyeroll when I heard his comment yesterday.  I thought JA worked on his family cantaloupe farm?  Whatever it is, it ain't affluenza.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:19 AM, Warcodered said:

He's going to get decleated at some point because of this crap.

Wait until he throws a pick next. Someone will just annihilate him and I’ll laugh my ass off. This league can police itself Player enforcement is a thing.

This dude is the biggest tool in the nfl. Takes cheap shots, cries like a female dog when he is hit, gets DWIs, and yells at people like he is Brady. Granted, NE did a terrible job with him but he was always going to be blah. 

Love that the Pats and Jets wasted picks on those qbs.  Even if Allen didn’t have elite physical tools, he is millions of miles such a better leader than those 2 entitled d bags.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.