Colts are benching Ryan. Foles to start the rest of the year.

Greg S

(1) Dan Graziano on Twitter: "The Colts are changing quarterbacks again. Nick Foles will take over for Matt Ryan as the starter Monday Night against the Chargers, and the plan is for Foles to start the final three games of the season. Announcement expected Wednesday afternoon." / Twitter

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Might have been his “date” with Horrible Harry that made him decide it’s just not worth it? 

That and having the biggest blown Super Bowl lead and now biggest blown regular season lead, probably doesn't have to worry about getting the trifecta with the Playoffs one.

3 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Agreed, they better do all they can to get a young prospect. They have a good team just need a QB, Maybe unload Taylor to move up if that's even possible anymore with his injuries he had this year.

I'm not so sure that this is true. Without Taylor, they have average at best offensive weapons, a line with average tackles and an all-world guard that they are paying like a LT and a slightly above-average defense. What scared teams about the Colts last year so much that they were willing to drop playoff seeds to avoid them in the first round was Taylor. He was that good.

• Agree 1

At the end of the day Matt Ryan had a pretty awesome career, but man does it suck to know you were the QB on the losing end of the greatest comeback in NFL history and the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history.

He should sign to be Buffalo’s backup next year and get his ring (which will be Josh’s 2nd).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

This looks like a job for...

(ducks into phone booth)

QB from the draft class of 2018!

There should be one or two of them kicking around, shouldn't there? 🤔

When the class came out, it was hyped like it was Marvel's 'Avengers'.  As it turns out, some were a lot closer to 'Mystery Men'.

image.thumb.jpeg.4da53bf2ca668ada86af607adaaa8b24.jpeg

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

17 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I'm not so sure that this is true. Without Taylor, they have average at best offensive weapons, a line with average tackles and an all-world guard that they are paying like a LT and a slightly above-average defense. What scared teams about the Colts last year so much that they were willing to drop playoff seeds to avoid them in the first round was Taylor. He was that good.

This is all sorts of wrong. Their 2nd and 3rd WRs and better than our #2 and #3 and Pittman is very good. Not Diggs, but in that 12-24 group.

Their defense is extremely good, bordering on elite.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Did you feel dirty typing this?

I feel dirty having to inform Bills fans that other teams are in fact good at things, yes. They rank around top 10 in nearly every category despite having an offense that leads the league in fumbles and is #2 in INTs and is completely inept otherwise. They may have the best LB group in the league with arguably the best LB in the game.

Care to counter?

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I feel dirty having to inform Bills fans that other teams are in fact good at things, yes. They rank around top 10 in nearly every category despite having an offense that leads the league in fumbles and is #2 in INTs and is completely inept otherwise. They may have the best LB group in the league with arguably the best LB in the game.

Care to counter?

12th in yards against.  23rd in points against.

Bordering on elite!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

That and having the biggest blown Super Bowl lead and now biggest blown regular season lead, probably doesn't have to worry about getting the trifecta with the Playoffs one.

I just can't get over the connections on this one. The guy who led the biggest comeback in college and pro football history is let go, only for his team to relinquish the greatest comeback in NFL history with a QB who had previously lost the greatest lead in Super Bowl history. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Still surprises me how Chiefs lost to the Colts earlier in the year. Guess was a bad game for them like lots of teams have. Comparable to our Bills and Jags game last year.

I don't think it was simply a bad game, the Chiefs have had some problems against bad teams this year. Lost to the Colts and now in back to back weeks almost lost to 2 more bad teams. Nearly blew a 27-0 against Denver, who fought back to make it 34-28 and had the ball 2 times after that with a chance to take the lead. And this week got taken to OT against the 1 win Texans team.

Colts are such a sh*tshow. I’ve always detested their fan base since they booed Luck when he retired. And Irsay is a terrible owner, so I love what’s happened to them. Saturday’s hiring was a joke and the final nail in the coffin for that franchise. They are destined to be very bad for years to come. Love it. 

Edited by Billznut

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So the Colts traded a 3rd round pick for Ryan and took on his full salary.  Now he'll count for 18 million in dead cap next year.  Such a strange franchise.

At least Phillip Rivers resulted in a playoff birth. Every other QB acquisition has been puzzling. All they did was set themselves back instead of drafting & developing a guy. Could’ve bought Reich a couple more seasons. 

15 hours ago, StHustle said:

Has to suck to get benched for the season twice in one season 😬

Time for Matt Ryan to hang em up. I coulda swore I heard reports like two years ago he was retiring then next thing I knew he was back. Maybe I’m trippin 🤔

I think the incredible amount of money QBs like Ryan make are keeping some around longer than they’d otherwise want to play. That sure looks to be the case here. (I’m sure other will walk early after making enough to set themselves up for life.)

The Colts have made obvious mistake after obvious mistake at QB since Luck. Ryan, Wentz, Rivers and even Brissett. What they paid and traded for that lot is ridiculous. Still, screw them for tanking for Peyton and Luck. They deserve this. 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

So the Colts traded a 3rd round pick for Ryan and took on his full salary.  Now he'll count for 18 million in dead cap next year.  Such a strange franchise.

Indy sure got made to look like suckers in that deal, but I guess they just can't resist signing QBs in the twilight of their careers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.