NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

15 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Pats troll? Not sure about that but whatever….

Based on the Bills play. That’s all. Don’t look like a SB team. IMO

The 2020 chiefs didnt look like a superbowl team when they lost a couple offensive linemen and they were actually playing in the superbowl 😂.  To overcome that adversity and still win against a good team is pretty impressive especially when you spot them a free td on an unfathomably awful roughing the kicker penalty that I would not expect to happen again 

• Like (+1) 1

Great Win!!!

For anyone complaining about anything...this type of game is exactly why we all love football guys and gals. It was like a classic, old Kelly/Marino duel. Saturday night, at home, playoff-like atmosphere, amazing plays by Allen, the snow coming down in the 4th quarter, the comeback, last second FG to win the game, Bass and Steph belly sliding on the snowy field. Just enjoy it everyone! At this time of year, especially against division rivals, any win is a good win. And the Dolphins are a legit team.

No question we have to clean up the mistakes...penalties, tackling, turnovers, the roughing the kicker. I mean, we gift-wrapped the Dolphins 10 points in the third quarter on miscues. Would have been a different game without those mistakes. 

But no complaining for me tonight. Great game! Great team win! And not only is Santa real (bringing us some Christmas snow in the 4th quarter), but so is Superman...and his name is Josh Allen.

Go Bills!!!!!

Edited by folz
  • Like (+1) 11

9 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Someone at fin heaven actually said that the Bills won their Super Bowl tonight. Do they even know what that means? 

They must not lol pats fans have probably been saying it to them for years because the pats went on to win a Super Bowl quite a few times after losing to the dolphins in the regular season and they never really learned what it meant  😂

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I have no idea what this even means.

He’s an odd duck and I just don’t even really see the hype he’s getting.  His roster is stacked on paper and they are underperforming imo.  If he got half as much out of the defense as Flores got with worse players, their team is elite.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You’ve heard of “balls of steel”… how about “balls of ice”!

Ice Balls should be Allen’s new nickname.

The snowball throwing was disappointing throughout the game. Aiming at on-field security personnel is one thing (which is stupid), but lobbing snowballs into the endzone where defensive players are lined up during a play is an entirely different, even dumber, thing. Such a bad look for Bills fans.

My seats are in 137, which is along the left/west goal-line on the Bills side, and the fans near me who were throwing snowballs were mostly younger, drunken dummies. Even from the upper rows of the lower bowl it's easy to reach the field with a well-packed snowball. While I hate policing my fellow fans, I was able to confront and stop a couple rows of boisterous youngsters from continuing to target the field. It's so dooshy to light up sideline photographers and reporters (Sal Cappaccio took a snowball to the neck/head from someone nearby) and workers who aren't able to defend themselves due to divided attention. It's even dooshier to try to affect the field of play. I don't know how it looked on the TV broadcast. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The snowball throwing was disappointing throughout the game. Aiming at on-field security personnel is one thing (which is stupid), but lobbing snowballs into the endzone where defensive players are lined up during a play is an entirely different, even dumber, thing. Such a bad look for Bills fans.

My seats are in 137, which is along the left/west goal-line on the Bills side, and the fans near me who were throwing snowballs were mostly younger, drunken dummies. Even from the upper rows of the lower bowl it's easy to reach the field with a well-packed snowball. While I hate policing my fellow fans, I was able to confront and stop a couple rows of boisterous youngsters from continuing to target the field. It's so dooshy to light up sideline photographers and reporters (Sal Cappaccio took a snowball to the neck/head from someone nearby) and workers who aren't able to defend themselves due to divided attention. It's even dooshier to try to affect the field of play. I don't know how it looked on the TV broadcast. 

it looked like a WIN. 

also looked like most snow games snowballs fly. Why is it an issue today?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Honestly I don’t see it this way. On tv it looked like good old fashioned American fun. I mean who gets hurt with a snowball? It looked great tbh

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

it looked like a WIN. 

also looked like most snow games snowballs fly. Why is it an issue today?  

Lots of snowflakes crying about it. When we were kids it was fun! Now it’s dangerous. Like using pronouns. 

4 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

McDaniel is a math tutor not an English tutor.

Tutor? I wouldn’t hire him to teach my dog to sit. He looks and acts slightly retauded 

Edited by AlfaBill

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Lots of snowflakes crying about it. When we were kids it was fun! Now it’s dangerous. Like using pronouns. 

So snowballs are dangerous????  

how about 4 hours in the sun with now shade or ac or mist fans playing a football game. That isn’t dangerous? 

whatever fins can cry all they want. Sorry they are upset about a little snow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jenna Cottrell mentioned this on the Buffalo Plus channel and actually became very emotional when she told the full story (she is a cancer survivor herself) and basically reiterated how special Allen is and how he goes out of his way to do stuff like this. 

Edited by RobbRiddick
  • Awesome! (+1) 13

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

Jenna Cottrell mentioned this on the Buffalo Plus channel and actually became very emotional when she told the full story (she is a cancer survivor herself) and basically reiterated how special Allen is and how he goes out of his way to do stuff like this. 

I’m not crying you’re crying. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

Quoted for stupidity. Specifically the part of the DPI. That was legit and the bills were getting screwed on penalties/calls all game 

This is what never ceases to fascinate me.

I lurked finheaven and many posters there are confident that refs were helping us whole game to the point that it strongly affected the game.

And you and many other Bills fan will say the direct opposite :)

I have no opinion on this since I don't care about refs decisions unless they are blatantly wrong and I also have a bad short term memory, so I usually don't remember penalty calls at all (so I really don't know ATM which calls/missed calls is it about this time), I just find this phenomenon interesting :)

a lot of bills fans are not happy with the bills and how they have been winning games. I would of never thought winning 11 games would produce so much negative talk regarding nearly everything about the team. coaching, no real elite talent (aside from allen/diggs), the oline is struggling and yet here they are sitting at 11-3 and the first team in the afc to clinch a playoff berth.

I don't do a lot of complaining. I'm an old cat that as a bills fan lived through much worse as a fan through the decades of following the bills. I can not complain at all about a team that grits it out like they do winning 5 straight games and sits at 11-3 and the # 1 seed clinching a playoff berth for the 4th straight season. they're not winning these games in a pretty fashion but by god they are winning!

this is one gritty bills team that has a good chance to earn homefield and a first round bye that I believe they will give any team, like they did the fins, a good fight.

GO BILLS!!!

clinch.jpg

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

a lot of bills fans are not happy with the bills and how they have been winning games. I would of never thought winning 11 games would produce so much negative talk regarding nearly everything about the team. coaching, no real elite talent (aside from allen/diggs), the oline is struggling and yet here they are sitting at 11-3 and the first team in the afc to clinch a playoff berth.

I don't do a lot of complaining. I'm an old cat that as a bills fan lived through much worse as a fan through the decades of following the bills. I can not complain at all about a team that grits it out like they do winning 5 straight games and sits at 11-3 and the # 1 seed clinching a playoff berth for the 4th straight season. they're not winning these games in a pretty fashion but by god they are winning!

this is one gritty bills team that has a good chance to earn homefield and a first round bye that I believe they will give any team, like they did the fins, a good fight.

GO BILLS!!!

clinch.jpg

Agreed...especially considering that we were 8-6 last year at this time, fighting for our lives.  We had to beat the Patriots to take control of the division and then hold the lead without losing a game.   The Bills have won five straight including three on the road in 12 days followed by two tough divisional games against very good defense.   

This team has overcome adversity and a ton of injuries including losing the closer for the season.  Yet they are still winning and in control of their own destiny.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

GO BILLS!!!

clinch.jpg

Very good post. 11-3 with the highest Strength of victory in the league and one of the highest point differential.

We now have 3 losses by like 8 points, have beaten every potential AFC playoff team except the chargers and have avenged 2 of our 3 losses already (now just waiting to avenge Vikings loss in Super Bowl).

After 17 consecutive years of our lives having the season be over by December, we do need to smell the roses a bit about how successful this season has been so far.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Disgusting. I think some so called fans are party goers and the game is something to add on to it. We're not admired around the league at all I don't think. Great example we're setting as parents.

That's as close as I've seen to one player winning a football game. Thanks, Josh. Hate to think what our record would be without you.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Even though Josh is Superman, he lives by the Spiderman ethos: "With great power comes great responsibility".    This guy is arguably the best role model of anyone in the NFL. 

The Morning After Pill:

1. That Josh Allen TD drive, you know the one, where he toted the rock all the way, was vintage Allen.  Finishes it with a TD pass to Knox and an aerial 2pt conversion.  Wow, just wow!!!!

2. TD passes to Morris, Hines and Cook..

3. Knox was a central figure in last nights game plan.

4. Miami running with Mostert was so effective.  Trying to understand why?  Were the Bills conceding the run to "shell" Hill and Waddle.

5. Say and think what you will about Tua, but the kid played great.  This can't play in cold weather knock isn't fair.  It wasn't him on the field the last 5 minutes that sent the Dolphins home with an L.

6. Cam Lewis with two brutal plays in Bills games.  First the 4th and 18 against the Vikes and then the destroying the kicker last night.

7. Miami ran well, threw well, kicked well and still went home with an L.

8. I'm still shocked that 90% of that game was played on a snow-free field.

9. Josh had many memorable plays last night.  That throw of 21 to Davis on 3rd and 17 might be the best of the game.

10. Singletary ran when they absolutely needed to run.

11.  Allen looked so damn comfortable when it started to snow.  I can see and hear the NFL music with him standing and throwing in the snow.

Edited by wjag
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Boettger will be coming back too so we hopefully won’t get stuck in a van roten/Bobby hart clusterf**** again lol

Not sure I saw Hart out there st RG.  Van Roten moved to C and Quessenberry played RG from my vantage point.  

For a role player, Cam Lewis has made two major blunders. One cost us a game with the 4th and 18 pass that he blew, and now add last night with the mind-numbing roughing the punter penalty that led to a Miami TD and them taking the lead in the game.

Surely we can find a player on our own, or someone else’s  practice squad that won’t make such critical errors in such limited time seeing the field.

Cut this guy. Please.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Can someone explain how the QBR is calculated, please?

Josh last night - 4 TD, 0 INT, 25/40 at 62.5% for 304, 77 Rushing at 7.7, sacked twice, QBR 54.4

Tua last night - 2 TD, 0 INT,  17/30 at 56.7% for 234, 7 Rushing at 7, sacked twice, QBR 54.0

Admittedly Josh had a couple of fumbles but would they have hurt is QBR to that extent? Mahomes threw three interceptions last week, had -3 for rushing yards, one less touchdown, sacked the same number of times yet got a QBR of 68.3.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BernieBill said:

Obviously it's great to win ... Josh Allen is simply incredible ... but McDermott and the entire coaching staff continue to underperform and it's a serious problem ... Buffalo's trying to win a Super Bowl and the coaches are simply weak ... the defensive scheme tonight was embarrassing ... Waddle dropped a TD early ... Josh once again transcended bad coaching

It's funny to see the negative reactions, as if the Bills had the game in hand the whole way, as if fans were not complaining all game long about the lack of defensive preparation ... San Francisco's defense dominated Miami, a horribly banged up Chargers defense dominated Miami ... and then the Bills defense performs the way it did last night ... Raheem Mostert looking like a Hall of Famer ... apparently some fans only look at the result and ignore the underlying problems

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

27 minutes ago, wjag said:

5. Say and think what you will about Tua, but the kid played great.  This can't play in cold weather knock isn't fair.  It wasn't him on the field the last 5 minutes that sent the Dolphins home with an L.

I have to eat some crow on Tua. I thought he was a bust but he honestly balled out. At this point it's not a fluke. He can throw down field and is not just a distributor.

I think he relies heavily on Waddle and Hill, but I could once say the same with Allen in regards to Diggs and Beasley. I think he's the second best QB in the division. I am not going to enjoy seeing him twice a year 

I'm still taking Josh Allen over him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

We won because of Josh Allen and some effort on the running game.

Elam is good to great in coverage but can't tackle for his life man.

27 made some great plays, got burned twice, on a double move by Paddle and right at the line by Hill, but can't complain. Hamlin is just a backup...

Outside running absolutely crushed us, I don't want to see Basham again on the field, he can't set the edge.

And tons of missed tackles.

Also lack of effort some time, runner seemed stop initially but got it on later efforts.

We must SWARM like the 49ers do.

Edited by PaoloBillsFanFromItaly

I know others have mentioned it but it today just really thinking about it. 

Despite the injuries, uneven offensive play in games, lulls, nights where the defense decides not to tackle, Snow!

We are 11-3, have lost three games by 8 points and beat every team in the playoff picture on our schedule.

That has to say something about this team doesn’t it?! 

So today I’m feeling pretty good. 

Happy Holidays to everyone, see you Xmas Eve! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.