NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Our ST has been a little lacking on the returns and coverages of late it feels.

Our ST were atrocious:

1) gave up a big KR

2) did poorly on two KR

3) let a punt roll down to the 1

4) roughing the punter

5) on a punt return, we were called for two holds (by supposedly our best ST players in Taiwan and Neal)

( not to mention the near muff by Hines there on that last punt catch either). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Our ST were atrocious:

1) gave up a big KR

2) did poorly on two KR

4) roughing the punter

5) on a punt return, we were called for two holds (by supposedly our best ST players in Taiwan and Neal)

Bass and Martin were fine though.  That helps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Our ST were atrocious:

1) gave up a big KR

2) did poorly on two KR

4) roughing the punter

Our coverage unit used to be really good.

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Our ST were atrocious:

1) gave up a big KR

2) did poorly on two KR

4) roughing the punter

Completely agree - they could of loat us that game- that roughing the punter was brutal - I actually lo w the Hines transaction for the long term  but damn last couple of games from him after a good start were bad- atleast he got a TD on offense though 

Edited by BlazinBill

A win tonight, no matter how it looked, was the only thing that mattered.

That said, this Dorsey offense is just brutal to watch.  It's basically Allen calling a play, waiting for the routes to be over because nobody is open, and then letting Allen play backyard football.  He's Superman and that is the only reason Dorsey still has a job.  If Allen isn't Dorsey's QB, this team would be lucky to have 3-4 wins.  Allen literally has everything on his shoulders and I feel for him.  The weight of this fanbase, this entire city, rests on his shoulders because he just doesn't have much help.  He has 1 star WR.  The rest of the "weapons" on this team are average to below average.  We have 2 good offensive lineman and now one of them is concussed.....again.  And his offensive coordinator has no imagination and doesn't give him any help by scheming guys open.  Allen won't win MVP this year, but there is not another player in the league that means more to his team's success that Josh Allen.  He is basically the entire offense.  If the draft doesn't go WR, OL, OL, OL, then even Beane is doing Allen is disservice.  The man is an alien, but he needs some help from some of these earthlings. 

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Interesting note - with this win the bills will have defeated every teams that’s likely to make the playoffs in the AFC, with the exception of the Bengals, whom they play in the last game of the regular season, possibly with the #1 seed on the line , and the chargers 

Edited by appoo

7 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Miami fans calling Allen trash for telling the Dolphins fans to go home. Same as they did when Allen waved goodbye to dolphins players in Miami.

But why would they ever seek to understand the whole story?

Haha, Dolphins fans would give their left and right nuts, 1st and 2nd born children, and both arms to have Josh Allen on their team. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Nelius said:

For all of the Frazier criticism, he kind of handled Hill despite the TD. He came in well under his normal stat line and general impact.

He also completely eliminated Chubb during the Cleveland win. Seems to have a knack for neutralizing the best offensive player for what it's worth. It definitely isn't pretty, but interested to see if the trend continues in future games. With Chicago up next we'll have to wait a couple weeks though. 

Huh?  What about Hill in the playoffs?  Jefferson? St. Brown? Garrett Wilson?

This entire week here seemed to be the McKenzie is garbage can’t catch festival.  I don’t get the constant burn it and then try to replace it mentality.  Found it much more fulfilling to watch him the underdog have a positive impact on the game tonight than an OBJ rent to own type.  Happy for the whole team for the win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Few things/thoughts:

1. Refs - absolutely terrible. They missed PI multiple times in the first half (should have gone against the Bills) and missed obvious clipping against the Dolphins. Both teams got away with holds (whatever let them play). They missed a fairly obvious Off PI on the Dolphins WR on Tre White. Also Josh Allen should have had Intentional Grounding called. That said: the PI on MacKenzie was the correct call

2. Bills need OLine help ASAP. It may be the single most important postional need. 1st half: Allen looks unstoppable and has all day to throw; 2nd half: Morse goes out and the Dolphins are in the backfield immediately

3.The NFL has to love the Bills and Vikings. Their games are highly entertaining. 

4. The bye week for the 1 seed is going to be extremely important. Will the Bills be able to stop the Bengals in a few weeks?

5. Once the snow hit the Dolphins looked lost. Allen (Bills) look impressive in cold weather games.

6. I hope the Chiefs and Bengals finish 2 and 3

• Like (+1) 3

To the completely idiotic Fish fans saying Tua outplayed Josh.......

In the 2 games this year.....

Josh Allen - 704 pass yards, 124 rushing yards, 828 yards total, 6 TD's, 0 INT.

Tua - 420 pass yards, 7 rushing yards,  427 yards total, 3 TD's, 0 INT.

Tua isn't in Josh's universe.

Edited by Amaru523
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Few things/thoughts:

1. Refs - absolutely terrible. They missed PI multiple times in the first half (should have gone against the Bills) and missed obvious clipping against the Dolphins. Both teams got away with holds (whatever let them play). They missed a fairly obvious Off PI on the Dolphins WR on Tre White. Also Josh Allen should have had Intentional Grounding called. That said: the PI on MacKenzie was the correct call

2. Bills need OLine help ASAP. It may be the single most important postional need. 1st half: Allen looks unstoppable and has all day to throw; 2nd half: Morse goes out and the Dolphins are in the backfield immediately

3.The NFL has to love the Bills and Vikings. Their games are highly entertaining. 

4. The bye week for the 1 seed is going to be extremely important. Will the Bills be able to stop the Bengals in a few weeks?

5. Once the snow hit the Dolphins looked lost. Allen (Bills) look impressive in cold weather games.

6. I hope the Chiefs and Bengals finish 2 and 3

Agree with most honestly -regardi g the intentional grounding - I feel like I heard the announcer say the ball was tipped although I didn't see it get yipped and thought they moved on too quickly 

21 minutes ago, goober said:

This entire week here seemed to be the McKenzie is garbage can’t catch festival.  I don’t get the constant burn it and then try to replace it mentality.  Found it much more fulfilling to watch him the underdog have a positive impact on the game tonight than an OBJ rent to own type.  Happy for the whole team for the win. 

But But But...

McKenzie only had 2 catches on 5 targets!  (never mind that on one of the incompletions, we were Robbed and on the other, he was Mugged and drew the DPI).  No, he isn't a great WR or even a very good WR, but he's not garbage either

"Dropsome" Knox, another favorite TBD whipping boy, 6 of 8 for 98 yds

Gabe Davis, 4 of 6 for 58 yds, Solid, especially as a couple of them were over the middle of the field intermediate, where we doubt

Gonna be interesting to see how Cole  Beasley's snap count came out.  1 target, 1 reception but I thought I saw him on the field more than I expected

Glad to see Quintin Morris and Nyheim Hines get touchdowns.  Morris can run routes and catch the ball, wish we'd use him more.

I was not happy with Stefon Diggs tantrum "I want the ball" on the one McKenzie target that was a good PBU.  It's true that he was more open at one point in the play, but not sure it was clear he'd be able to reverse and come open at the point where Josh had to throw.  That is NOT a good look, especially when he kept it up for a while on the sideline.  I normally wouldn't  comment on 5 of 9 receptions for 60 yds, because some of them were clutch and he's our best WR bar none  - but if you want to have a tantrum when you aren't targeted, then you better have a 3rd gear to run under the deep ball and make a couple of those other contested catches.

Edit: elsewhere it was pointed out, whether Diggs was targeted or McKenzie, whether they caught it or didn't, the ball was coming back on a holding penalty (declined on the incompletion).  Which makes Diggs temper tantrum all the more dumbass.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Pros:

32 Points

Josh Allen

Really didn’t give up a ton of DE pressures like the first game

The big impact in half number 2 was the pick up in secondary play of Elam, Tre, and Johnson. Maybe good ‘ol Dane Jackson will finally see some reduced snaps. 

Cons: 

I think this week should all be about tackling fundamental drills.even coming into the games I heard we were in the top 10 in missed tackles. It’s becoming a major problem. 

Gabe Davis is still not threatening anyone deep anymore. 

Not forcing turnovers.

If you play man coverage, you need much better bump technique from our corners. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

But But But...

McKenzie only had 2 catches on 5 targets!  (never mind that on one of the incompletions, we were Robbed and on the other, he was Mugged and drew the DPI).  No, he isn't a great WR or even a very good WR, but he's not garbage either

On the 3rd incompletion, the Bills had been called for a hold, so even if McKenzie had caught the pass, it would have been come back anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.