NFL Week #15 - Fish at Buffalo - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

For all of the Frazier criticism, he kind of handled Hill despite the TD. He came in well under his normal stat line and general impact.

He also completely eliminated Chubb during the Cleveland win. Seems to have a knack for neutralizing the best offensive player for what it's worth. It definitely isn't pretty, but interested to see if the trend continues in future games. With Chicago up next we'll have to wait a couple weeks though. 

The trouble is he struggles to shut down other players and play calls in the process.

5 minutes ago, balln said:

He’s making a lot of bad plays on returns. Taking kick offs out of end zone and not making it past 20. He’s been brutal I’m not securing field position by running up and making a catch. 

And then something new today- he fair caught it w no one around him on the 7 at end of game 

Aside from Bass, the rest of our ST played poorly from the opening kickoff.  Cam led the way with that brilliant play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

How could you - every time Mark Sanchez talked about him - he called him nick Chubb.

Mark must have called him Nick at least 4 or 5 times.  He was just terrible.

He was critical of Josh a few times and I could only think of him with a butt in his face and thought "shut up man. You have no room to talk."

Tua had a solid game. The OC makes it easy for him to play to his strengths. Thought the Bills D was atrocious tonight . Frazier got outcoached, horrible tackling, lots of poor communications and the run D reared its ugly head YET again.

However, Tua can’t do what Josh does. Very few can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Special K said:

Miami put up more of a fight than I thought they would, but when it came down to it and the game was tied, Tua had the ball and failed, while Josh took the ball, took up all the remaining time and won the game!

That’s the difference between a winner like Josh Allen and a loser like Tua.

About midway through the fourth quarter, the Bills were stuck in first gear, and Allen got pissed off and decided to take over the game.  He ran the ball fifty or sixty yards down the field, and that was the turning point. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

Did they ever determine what the refs could do for that?  I think the only thing they can do is remove the players for safety. I missed parts of the game because of a bad pirate stream 

15 yard penalty on buffalo if a Snowball hit a player but as McD pointed out there were Miami fans there too so why are you penalizing us only 

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The trouble is he struggles to shut down other players and play calls in the process.

Oh definitely a trade off. Kind of an observation more than anything. Maybe the calculus is to allow secondary players to thrive, maybe it's all just coincidental and he's not very good. I just found it interesting.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Special K said:

Miami put up more of a fight than I thought they would, but when it came down to it and the game was tied, Tua had the ball and failed, while Josh took the ball, took up all the remaining time and won the game!

That’s the difference between a winner like Josh Allen and a loser like Tua.

It was armstead…they haven’t had him the last few weeks and he was a big difference maker tonight.  Still it wouldn’t have been close if we didn’t lose morse 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Snow came in like a guardian angel when we were about to get rolled.  The shot of Bass sliding like a penguin in the snow is instantly iconic.

It was like lord of the rings the Two towers when Gandolf shows on the light of the third day, look to the west!

SmartSelect_20221218_005317_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They can take their moral victory back to south beach. Seriously they played well given their circumstances but just not good enough to overcome 17. 

1. The only ones who can overcome the inevitability of 17 are the refs and the Bills coaches.

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The fish have so much team speed on offense.  Really a tough matchup for the Bills D. 

It's not, really. It's just that the Bills won't do what is required to defend. They roll out their same defense that they do for anyone else and expect it to be enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Our ST has been a little lacking on the returns and coverages of late it feels.

Their punter did a good job of pinning us deep. He was dialed in.

A few I wanted Hines to let bounce by him for a better chance of going into the EZ vs him fielding them on the 3 yard line.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.