Kyler Murray - Torn ACL Confirmed

Draconator

I am not a Murray fan.  I more or less despise him.  That said, I wish him a speedy recovery.  If he worked his way out of the NFL with poor play or a bad attitude, I would be fine with that, but I hate to see a guy lose his opportunity due to an injury and an injury that occurred while he wasn't doing anything that would be remotely considered risky or stupid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 13

19 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It didn't even look like an obvious movement to tear his ACL.  These injuries are so strange,  it's almost like something in the knee is ready give out and then it finally does on a routine non contact play.

These guys are so big (not in Murrays case) are so fast so young. In order to get the most out of the way they play the game there needs to be a certain amount of tightness. I used to work with a few trainers who worked in the NBA, NFL, MLB (pitchers), and some Olympic sports, and they always talked about how tough it was to get guys in these twitchy sports bigger, faster, and stronger without hurting them. They need to be tight to perform, but not so tight that they risk injury. The bigger, faster, and stronger they get the smaller the window becomes. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

These guys are so big (not in Murrays case) are so fast so young. In order to get the most out of the way they play the game there needs to be a certain amount of tightness. I used to work with a few trainers who worked in the NBA, NFL, MLB (pitchers), and some Olympic sports, and they always talked about how tough it was to get guys in these twitchy sports bigger, faster, and stronger without hurting them. They need to be tight to perform, but not so tight that they risk injury. The bigger, faster, and stronger they get the smaller the window becomes. 

To wit:

image.jpeg.ff15c3e97196708cb156f138bbfac2c0.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

I am not a Murray fan.  I more or less despise him.  That said, I wish him a speedy recovery.  If he worked his way out of the NFL with poor play or a bad attitude, I would be fine with that, but I hate to see a guy lose his opportunity due to an injury and an injury that occurred while he wasn't doing anything that would be remotely considered risky or stupid.

He didn't lose his opportunity. His marriage to the Cardinals will last until at least 2026 because of that contract they handed him. 

• Agree 1

With the injury so late in the season, it's likely that Murray won't return until just before the 2023 playoffs.  Which the Cardinals without him won't get to anyway.  It'll be 2024 before he can play a full season.  What a shame for him, the team, and the city.

34 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

At this point in the season that's basically next season too, Arizona is *****.

Yeah and how do you proceed as an organization.

There we’re already rumors that the HC and GM were under fire for the showing at the end of last year and this year.

Do you change coaches and then watch as the team struggles for a year waiting for Murray?  Do you keep the HC knowing that you plan to fire him when they struggle next year and move toward a new coach in 2024 and bring Murray back in 2024 after 18 - 20 months and just throw the red towel in on 2023?

It impacts the team, Murray, and players like Hopkins that already struggles after the PED bust and now potentially has another year and a half with no QB.

For a player I can not stand - this just stinks, but will be interesting to watch play out.

This might be a stupid question, but are there any high tech, low weight knee braces that wouldn't hinder movement much?  I know most college O lineman wear knee braces to prevent injury, but you almost never see it in the NFL as a preventative measure.  It seems like someone should be able to create something to protect the knees of a $250 mil investment.  Would the fact that it makes even a very slight difference in performance dissuade everyone from using it?  

49 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

It looks like a lot of the QB's that got "big" contracts recently, are are not exactly living up to them so far;  Stafford, Murray, Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Watson. I believe Lamar will be next. I am wondering what effect this will have on QB salaries, if any.

I think it will have a major effect on QB salaries moving forward. Seeing how terrible Murray has been especially after he got paid and now he’s out for the season on an ACL tear, I think teams will be very hesitant on signing their QBS not named Allen or Mahomes to long term deals. Good chance now Baltimore doesn’t resign Lamar. Also Stafford, Rodgers and Brady playing like ***** and getting hurt doesn’t help much

Edited by BuffaloBills1998
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Arizona is one of the league's quieter terrible teams.   All hat no cattle.    

Closer to a rebuild than the Super Bowl. 

Besides hosting them, they aren't going anywhere near the Super Bowl with Kingsbury/Murray.  His college plays long discovered by NFL defenses.  He's 90% athlete, 10% NFL quarterback.

Jeez is there a more devastating time to get an ACL than the end of an NFL season?  Pretty much means your next season is wiped out too... Brady to Zona?  He could play with D-Hop.  

Edited by wjag

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I wonder how much they’re regretting giving him that contract?? And also to think JJ turned down Buffalo because he thought Arizona was a contender

He “said” it was due to being a contender, didn’t they offer him the most money?

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.