Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

23 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I am not.  He is just not very good, and was not very good for the back half of last year at least.  I watched the two games he played in Tampa.  He was awful.  Sadly many people are more in love with their idea of Beasley than the facts.

I think the Tampa situation was a combination of getting there late and not knowing the offence. 

29 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Isn’t that really all we need him to do? It’s clear McKenzie ain’t that guy. It’s clear the Bills don’t think Shakir is ready to be that guy. 

No one is expecting Beasley to run seam routes, if the expectation is for Beasley to be a zone beater who can find soft spots and keep us ahead of the chains by catching 6 yard passes and falling down then so be it. 

Shpuld I expect more out of a slot than that? Absolutely but it’s week 15, the Bills know they need help, he’s familiar with the QB and team. There aren’t better options. Even a guy like stay Hilton doesn’t fit what the Bills needed 

He no longer has that quick cut that meant he got the 5-10 yard catches. It is going to be catching really short stuff and going down. I'm not sure that helps that much to be honest. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No one hates the guy. But he's convinced they do.

There was an ugliness directed at the guy by some people, and that’s indisputable.  I’m not so sure about hate, but contempt certainly seems fair. 

He’s the same guy who just a year or two earlier was a fan favorite for moving the chains, “I love you Josh Allen”, and playing on a broken leg.   He’s also a guy who surely knows fans will support a player who has legal issues, domestic violence allegations, etc if it helps the team win.  

It should come as no surprise that a highly emotional guy would be upset by people more worried about a football game being played than what he perceived was his best course of action in the middle of a public health crisis.  

I understand the argument about keeping your private business private, and certainly understand the issues the Bills had in managing him, but it’s no secret that people turned on him.  

It is interesting, too, that in spite of distractions real or imagined, and the impact of culture and the like, that the Bills would welcome his return back.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If we're being honest this is a desperation move. It's not a good sign when your franchise QB is asking for washed up WRs to be added to the roster just so he has someone he can trust to throw the ball to. If Beasley can catch the ball at the 1st down marker and fall down, fine. It's just disappointing that every new player we added on offense has been underwhelming at best and every existing player we expected to step into a bigger role has failed to meet the moment.

So, would you rather they do nothing so they look better in fans eyes?

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I started a thread a few weeks ago "Would Cole Beasley Come Back to Buffalo"   after Cole told a fan he'd come back to Buffalo if asked. 

The thread was Locked.

I will now be accepting apologies 

You da' man?? Feel better??

We don't need a fast Beas...but boy oh boy do we need good old "hands" Beasley.

We need someone to make grabs on 3 and 6 for 8 yard first downs and we need someone who will give us at least five yards on 1st down throws, too.

Move.  The.  Chains.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Guess you will be spared the lifetime TBD ban!

I was just repeating what I was told by Bills Mafia dude,  he took a beating last night and never backed off.  I suggested they do this a couple of weeks ago because guys were just not getting open and way too many drops. We will see if he kept himself in shape

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Clearly OBJ isn't ready...didn't workout for anyone and Cowboys went in a different direction after being super high on him before the meeting.

The OBJ stuff was never anything other than a huge *****, courtesy of a shameless attention *****.  It’s embarrassing that Von Miller enabled and promoted it.

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't believe it to be honest with way Beasley acted aka hating on Buffalo fans and him seemingly be a distraction for his Covid stance etc. Yet if he can contribute on the field I don't mind having him back. 

I think he was just probably lashing out because he had some hurt feelings. Football players are human too.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I can't believe to be honest with way Beasley acted aka hating on Buffalo fans and him seemingly be a distraction for his Covid stance etc. Yet if he can contribute on the field I don't mind having him back. 

Imagine a guy getting upset with that group of "fans" who repeatedly denounced him as being ignorant, a cancer, and a murderer for not taking a vaccine that he had concerns about.

Go figure?

His problem was feeling the need to post his every waking thought on social media.  I hope he can lay off that stuff going forward.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Bills Mafia

Justin Romano  · Just now  · 

Cole Beasley is signing with the Bills. He flew into buffalo this morning. Not sure if he will play this week. Source: I know a family member of his. Id prefer not to say who.

He signed and is going on the practice squad...wait I thought he was glad to be outta Buffalo?

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It is interesting, too, that in spite of distractions real or imagined, and the impact of culture and the like, that the Bills would welcome his return back.  

To me that says that the negative pressure came from outside the organization/team.

I don’t think this will hurt the locker room. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Luka said:

This coaching staff struggles to identify talent and trust talent. Sitting Elam is the stupidest thing this staff has done so far this year. He was literally improving every game, so let's stunt that... yea, brilliant plan. Definitely didn't want to have the possibility of two shut down corners going into games against the Chiefs, Bengals...

Shakir and Hodgins were lights out in the preseason, both could play inside and Hodgins would've been especially interesting in the slot considering his size. He moves on and contributes to his new team. We keep Sakir on the shelf because... reasons?

Cook is an excellent receiver also and Dorsey/McDermott have made zero attempt to come up with ways to incorporate him into the passing game. Even worse they TRADE for Hines, who's really only replaced McKenzie as a returner and that's it.

Definitely starting to wonder if this is why the Panthers never got over the hump. So close but they can't seem to fully refine this team. 

I'm excited about Cook....but he's missed block assignments / had the wrong reads that have created some negative plays. 

I'm assuming at this point it's the same with Shakir 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Realist said:

Didn't care for him last year because he would make the catch and immediately fall, but to be honest, we could use that now. At least move the ball 5 - 6 yards a pop. Slot has been really bad this year. A move necessitated by McKittrick's inability to hold onto the ball.

same but making a catch and falling I guess is an improvement over dropping the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

So, would you rather they do nothing so they look better in fans eyes?

No, I'm just saying it's a bad indicator of where the offensive personnel is at right now. We added Saffold. We added Crowder. We drafted Cook and Shakir. We extended Knox. We left the door open for Davis and McKenzie and Spencer Brown to step into bigger roles. And literally every one of these moves has been a bust. I mean it's really kind of crazy when you think about it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I believe it went beyond just the drops,  like you said Beasley may not be as fast but always seem to find holes in the defence and is sure handed

Beasley is great at catching the ball, his YAC is nothing, but he catches what he should, and a few he shouldn't. I'll take that.

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Beasley was washed LAST season.   His burst was gone.    

But with Lil' Dummy again snuffing out multiple drives with 3rd down drops.........they should be desperate for a guy who has great chemistry with Allen but also the hands to catch not only the routine pass but also the ones thrown off target and under duress like Beasley often did.  

I haven't seen the game replay yet but being their in person...........the reaction of the players when Dummy dropped that second 3rd down pass and they had to settle for the FG...........it was heated.    Rarely see Allen react that frustrated and Davis and Diggs were both flailing their arms because they were open and perhaps frustrated that they gave McKenzie the chance on a big down like that...........but McKenzie was clearly the right read because he was open and it was the shortest and highest % throw.  

Then McKenzie gets to the sideline and appears to be explaining why he dropped the ball.   Like there was some valid excuse for it. :doh:

Unfortunately,  the first thing that goes with WR is often the hand/eye coordination not the speed.    So color me unsurprised that Smoke got open deep yesterday but couldn't catch the ball (and was credited with a drop).    

No doubt, lil' Dummy is missing soooo many important catches. But then, so is Gabe.

Clearly they want to see if Bease has anything left for third down conversions.

**Throws confetti*****  Welcome Back Cole . 🎉

He is definitely rested.  I am guessing he has kept in shape during his time off. I hope he can contribute when called upon. 

I hope our fanbase takes the teams' attitude and leaves the bad past in the past. It's got to be a clean slate and judged by what he can bring to the table TODAY not all the social media drama.

Batten down the hatches if he has a bad start back. I think he will need to prove himself on the field to be FULLY accepted back. 

It speaks to #17 being very loyal and supportive of his past wideouts to say the least!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We don't need a fast Beas...but boy oh boy do we need good old "hands" Beasley.

We need someone to make grabs on 3 and 6 for 8 yard first downs and we need someone who will give us at least five yards on 1st down throws, too.

Move.  The.  Chains.

Yep, we need catches that basically fill the role of runs.

• Agree 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.