Updated Beasley signing to practice squad

Niagara Dude

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

Austin can't run a full route tree and has some of the sloppiest lines and cuts I've ever seen. He is a fast dude but can't edge a route or use his feet.

Beasley adds talent to our roster. That's the bottom line. He won't be 2019 or 2020 Beasley. He will be 2022 Beasley and that's TBD

I welcome this and roll my eyes (not at you) to anyone who doesn't welcome the chance to add talent to our withering offense.

Amazing that TY Hilton was finally signed. I never thought he was as good as hyped, however 

I think the talent is done. It looked done down the stretch last year. More done in Tampa. Maybe sitting on the couch has revived him. I very much doubt it. And I am no Tavon Austin fan btw. I just think Beasley is a waste of time at this point. He is washed. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If he signs, it’ll just be yet another half-assed 11th hour attempt to try and provide Allen with someone decent who likely won’t make a noticeable mark. 

Even if he could, and I’m not sure he physically can, is he what Dorsey’s offensive scheme is missing?

Its uninspiring

Who is out there that would be an inspiring full assed attempt to upgrade the team? We clearly need something else on Offense. Would you like to trade or draft for someone? Too bad time machines haven't been invented yet

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the talent is done. It looked done down the stretch last year. More done in Tampa. Maybe sitting on the couch has revived him. I very much doubt it. And I am no Tavon Austin fan btw. I just think Beasley is a waste of time at this point. He is washed. 

I almost always agree with you.  But here I don't see the harm in the flier.  I'm exhausted by McKenzie's inconsistency.  Unless we can bionically heal Crowder (or sign OBJ on the cheap, get him ready immediately, and kick Diggs into the slot, or have Brown become functional enough to attempt the same thing), it's worth the shot.  All we have to lose is another PS receiver who is even less likely to contribute this year.  

BarrIng disease, injury or advanced age, leg muscles do not simply atrophy into porridge over a period of a couple of months.  He WAS injured last year, yet managed more yards & catches on fewer targets in the postseason than Diggs. https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/season/2021/seasontype/3

IMO, Beasley is permanently ‘washed’ is bs.  A couple of weeks of trainer specified leg exercises can likely get back a high % of his former ‘pop’.

If he can’t become effective again, then let him go. BFD.

What are people so afraid of, that he succeeds?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Beasley is not coming back; he is done. This info comes from a source DEEP in the organization. Our best bet is to bench Lil Dirty and start Shakir in the slot.

Your source is probably too DEEP. Come back up to the surface and check NFL network 

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Haha (+1) 3

Just now, hemma said:

BarrIng disease, injury or advanced age, leg muscles do not simply atrophy into porridge over a period of a couple of months.  He WAS injured last year, yet managed more yards & catches on fewer targets in the postseason than Diggs. https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/buf/season/2021/seasontype/3

IMO, Beasley is permanently ‘washed’ is bs.  A couple of weeks of trainer specified leg exercises can likely get back a high % of his former ‘pop’.

He looked done to me last year, but I don't see the risk. If he is rejuvenated, he is reliable and we need that.

I always liked him, so it would be great if he could contribute to a SB run.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

And he was hurt last year.  His game is more mental than athleticism,  in that he finds the right spots in zone defenses and really isn't relied upon to get yac. His route running ability is his m.o 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

He looked done to me last year, but I don't see the risk. If he is rejuvenated, he is reliable and we need that.

I always liked him, so it would be great if he could contribute to a SB run.

He looked much slower and his yards after catch plummeted.  However, he still had the best hands on the team.  What we need right now is a dependable target and someone who can supplement the short passing game to help on 1st and 3rd down.  Even a bit slower, I think he can do that.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I almost always agree with you.  But here I don't see the harm in the flier.  I'm exhausted by McKenzie's inconsistency.  Unless we can bionically heal Crowder (or sign OBJ on the cheap, get him ready immediately, and kick Diggs into the slot, or have Brown become functional enough to attempt the same thing), it's worth the shot.  All we have to lose is another PS receiver who is even less likely to contribute this year.  

They can take the flier. I am not saying they absolutely shouldn't do it. I'm saying it won't succeed. I don't think there is anything left beyond a bloke who can catch 3-5 yard passes and fall over on the spot. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

He looked much slower and his yards after catch plummeted.  However, he still had the best hands on the team.  What we need right now is a dependable target and someone who can supplement the short passing game to help on 1st and 3rd down.  Even a bit slower, I think he can do that.

He was hurt last year. Let him get in game shape. Play him week 18 and God willing we have a bye, that'd be 6 weeks til the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They can take the flier. I am not saying they absolutely shouldn't do it. I'm saying it won't succeed. I don't think there is anything left beyond a bloke who can catch 3-5 yard passes and fall over on the spot. 

I'm fine with that

1st down Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.