Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

6 hours ago, Beast said:

The Bills defense doesn’t look too soft to me.

Oh god the soft defense nonsense is starting again? After a game where we nearly sent the opposing qb home in a bodybag no less 😂

11 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Miami is giving up 32 points per game on the road and 15 points at home. So we are at a disadvantage at home???
Tua will be good for multiple turnovers. My instruction to our young DL is just stick your arms up every play. The kid is Flutie height and doesn’t move much. Batted and tipped balls galore. 

People are still not over the pats wind game I think lol a windy/snowy game hurts Miami much more than us imo.  Tuas throws have no zip on them…their whole offense is lobbing passes and hoping tyreek or waddle run under them 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I wouldn't say Josh was great today.  He definitely has more experience with frozen precipitation than Tua though. 

I have heard from unreliable sources on this board that weather in Buffalo does not favor Bills.

Maybe they think that because it does not affect them being full of hot air.

16 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Miami is giving up 32 points per game on the road and 15 points at home. So we are at a disadvantage at home???
Tua will be good for multiple turnovers. My instruction to our young DL is just stick your arms up every play. The kid is Flutie height and doesn’t move much. Batted and tipped balls galore. 

They will be bringing heat with them?

7 hours ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Let it snow. I would like ticket prices to come down.

Exactly. Those saintly fans looking to offload in the tickets/gear section, please do so early as possible and I’ll need to use a sick day Friday for travel. Need to start pacing out the fake coughs and crescendo around late Wednesday or early Thursday. 

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

Why do people think snow is an advantage for us?

Since the miami game I've seen this strange bit on here about how people want a snowstorm to 'get back at miami' that seems to have unhinged people who forgot we lost a game in the snow to a QB who attempted 3 passes. People seem more interested in this strange weather 'revenge' than winning the game. 

If the Dolphins want to only attempt 3 passes all game that would be a dream come true. Two completely different offenses Pats vs. Dolphins.

I think Allen throws just fine in snow and light wind. It’s probably an advantage against most teams because of his strong arm. Think of Mac against the Bills in the playoffs last year.

Our offense doesn’t do well in the rain or heavy wind, so hopefully those conditions stay away. If we could run the ball maybe things would be different.

20 hours ago, Malazan said:

Why do people think snow is an advantage for us?

Since the miami game I've seen this strange bit on here about how people want a snowstorm to 'get back at miami' that seems to have unhinged people who forgot we lost a game in the snow to a QB who attempted 3 passes. People seem more interested in this strange weather 'revenge' than winning the game. 

It was windy not snowing 

Edited by Starr Almighty
  • Like (+1) 2

I think a lot of you guys are wrong. 

Joe Marino did a big breakdown showing that while the Bills offense suffers statistically in bad weather, the opponent in those same games declines fairly significantly worse from their baseline than the Bills. 

And the Dolphins are even more pass-reliant than we are, with a worse run game and a noodle arm qb with small hands. 

Bad weather hurts Miami more than buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Why the hell does anyone think sh#t weather is an advantage when Bills pass first, top QB, deep passes, below avg RB play. 

Bad weather was an advantage with Tyrod, I guess. Being used to the sh#t vs. being an advantage are not the same. 

Why? Because the Kelly years weather wasn’t a problem as much. Doesn’t mean latter teams will be the same.  This current team to me certainly seems to have trouble in this weather.

Like you said, a good running game would help.

15 hours ago, boyst said:

Being how we have played in bad weather this year I don't want snow, rain, or ice. I want some cold but that is it. 

After watching the Bills home games the past few years, and the dismal, often brutal weather game after game, I gringe when we play at home. No dome in a city with this horrible weather is absurd. Blew it 50 years ago, and Buffalo is doing it again.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Kelly years weather wasn’t a problem as much

We can’t compare today with pre free agent Kelly years. There are too many fundamentally different conditions (free agency, offense rules, safety). We locked up the top 3 QB for 6 yrs. JA is our competitive advantage, a shame to waste in punt-fest weather. Henry would be a better fit for our stadium but a bad fit for today’s NFL. 

Uh Oh...WGRZ Meteorologist Patrick Hammer sounding the alarm for things coming together to support LES this weekend...still too early for locations/amounts/timing but this could be interesting...

From NOAA Buffalo:

"Heading into the weekend, the air mass aloft will become cold enough (model 850mb temperatures range from -10 to -14) to support a lake response. Model guidance packages from 11/00Z, 11/12Z, and 12/00Z continue to support unidirectional vertical wind profile in the lower levels along with the cold temperatures aloft to support lake snows east/northeast of both lakes. Despite the model continuity, this event remains in the farthest reaches of the forecast and therefore the mesoscale features are yet to be well represented this far out. But as of right now, there is high potential for lake effect snow east and northeast of both lakes Erie and Ontario Saturday through Sunday."

Edited by Big Turk

• Big Turk changed the title to Lake Effect Snow in Forecast this weekend(Possible OP Bullseye)

Oh jeez,  some of the weather apps are still showing only 1-3" on Sat night and winds 10-20.  That's not terrible.  But any weather will affect the offenses and Miami players are not gonna feel comfortable here no matter what.  I know a bunch of people driving and flying in for the game so hopefully the weather doesn't spoil peoples plans.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Oh jeez,  some of the weather apps are still showing only 1-3" on Sat night and winds 10-20.  That's not terrible.  But any weather will affect the offenses and Miami players are not gonna feel comfortable here no matter what.  I know a bunch of people driving and flying in for the game so hopefully the weather doesn't spoil peoples plans.

Those apps/national weather are pointless when it comes to LES and predicting amounts.  NWS Buffalo/local meteorologists who are familiar with how it works and what they should be looking at are the only ones to listen to regarding this.

NOAA Buffalo/NWS Buffalo will give the best info this far out.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How silly are the Bills going to look if they have to move a 3rd game in 8 years due to weather while setting to break ground on a billion dollar stadium with no roof?

I don't think they're going to look silly.  If we had a dome in 2014 and a few weeks ago, we couldn't have played the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How silly are the Bills going to look if they have to move a 3rd game in 8 years due to weather while setting to break ground on a billion dollar stadium with no roof?

Not as silly as the people who keep beating the dome drum even though it's not happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not at all because even with a dome, neither of those games could have been played here.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The amount of people in the replies excited about getting "revenge" is really freaking weird. Who the hell cares? Bad weather is in no way an advantage for us. And sloppy football is just not enjoyable to watch.

Oh yeah buddy, well I was thinking about 5000 of our closest Bills Mafia members meet the Miami plane at the airport and pelt them with snow balls as they arrive. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

You are right. Now, if they had moved the stadium closer to the city then maybe.

Yeah, to me, it isnt a roof vs no roof debate...  That Northtowns stadium location idea seems interesting if for no other reason than to get the thing away from the snow belt

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buckets said:

How about no heaters on the fish sideline? And blackball any local company that rents them to Miami. 

I'm just a little bitter.

i wonder aout this. I thnk, and stress think, the visiting team gets the same equipment as the home team. So i think  because Miami does use misters etc in their shaded half of the field, vistors cannot as well in full out sun.

If that is the case, and its a big if, i wonder if that would be an advantage to the Bills to forgo heaters and just use those big ass full length jackets. I mean the Dolphins had heaters going last night and it was 55, imagine what they would do with no heaters in 25? One would figure Bills a bit more acclimated to it at this point

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.