Fish in Orchard Park - Snow Game ✅

WEATHER DOT COM

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think they're going to look silly.  If we had a dome in 2014 and a few weeks ago, we couldn't have played the game.

Exactly my thought. Clearing the roads so people can even get into the domed stadium parking lots is issue enough.

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How silly are the Bills going to look if they have to move a 3rd game in 8 years due to weather while setting to break ground on a billion dollar stadium with no roof?

What don't people understand about the weather issue from a few weeks ago?  IT WASN'T ABOUT THE STADIUM....IT WAS ABOUT GETTING EMPLOYEES, STAFF, ETC TO THE STADIUM.  Even if the Bills had a dome, that Browns game was getting moved.  Jesus.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

More so than the fish? They might be the only team in the league more neutralized by bad weather. 

Lol, why? Before they're from South Florida? Meanwhile the team from Buffalo could barely do anything on offense.

14 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Yeah, to me, it isnt a roof vs no roof debate...  That Northtowns stadium location idea seems interesting if for no other reason than to get the thing away from the snow belt

Yeah Northtowns or even North Buffalo are largely spared most of the time. Have friends that live in the Delaware/Hertel area and they got a few inches in 2014 while we got 7 feet in Lancaster/Depew.

Edited by Big Turk

23 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

How silly are the Bills going to look if they have to move a 3rd game in 8 years due to weather while setting to break ground on a billion dollar stadium with no roof?

Where is it being said that there will be so much snow that they may have to move the game?

• Like (+1) 1

Bad weather is an equalizer in today's modern era of high passing football. It hasn't been a Bills home field advantage since the Kelly days. With that said, I think it comes down to who can overcome the adversity better. After watching the Bills play tough defensive football in the cold wet slop and seeing Tua struggle in perfect conditions, I think we are in a good position. 

24 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Not going to look "silly" because that are not moving the game.

And a domed stadium or not was not why the moved the first game, give up on your fantasies over a domed stadium.

Do people understand weather dynamics?  Lake Erie is not as warm as it was nor re the factors anywhere close to what we had a few weeks ago.  People hear Lake Effect snow and immediately assume we are going to get 5 feet.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well.... fins run game looks pretty suspect. so whatever.... i'll keep the truck in 4WD and pack plenty of firewood.

If Hill can go, all Tua has to do is throw their short passing game with Hill & Waddle... while we'll run our non-existent short passing game.  Fun times.. super excited for some more slop ball.  

Cold.. yes, I want cold for Miami to deal with.   Game altering elements, NO THANKS

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not going to look "silly" because that are not moving the game.

And a domed stadium or not was not why the moved the first game, give up on your fantasies over a domed stadium.

Do people understand weather dynamics?  Lake Erie is not as warm as it was nor re the factors anywhere close to what we had a few weeks ago.  People hear Lake Effect snow and immediately assume we are going to get 5 feet.

Won't be as bad most likely but "not as bad" doesn't mean we won't get 2-3 feet.  No idea what the amounts will end up being but if I had to take a guess, I would say 1-2 feet probably. Looks like the winds are aligning vertically which always is conducive to some pretty good amounts as long as the fetch length is there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I think Allen throws just fine in snow and light wind. It’s probably an advantage against most teams because of his strong arm. Think of Mac against the Bills in the playoffs last year.

Our offense doesn’t do well in the rain or heavy wind, so hopefully those conditions stay away. If we could run the ball maybe things would be different.

Part of reason Josh was selected was due to his experience playing in Wyoming which is known for cold and weather.

29 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I feel like we've been through this, but the reason the game was moved had ZERO to do with not having a roof. The roads around the stadium were impassable, and there was a travel ban in OP.

Therefore, even with a magical dome the game would be moved. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Won't be as bad most likely but "not as bad" doesn't mean we won't get 2-3 feet.  No idea what the amounts will end up being but if I had to takea guess, I would say 1-2 feet probably.

2-3 feet is manageable given the warning and recent experience.  Maybe they cant have fans in the stands put can plow the field.

a snow event (just on the edge of manageable) in Buffalo for a HUGE Saturday night Bills/Dolphins game where the fans have "pre gamed" all day in the parking lot is 100% EXACTLY what the NFL wants to see. 

incredible television, and the atmosphere will be electric!

Lake effect snow doesn't automatically mean several feet. That happens every few years and impacts a handful of days. It's overblown 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

a snow event (just on the edge of manageable) in Buffalo for a HUGE Saturday night Bills/Dolphins game where the fans have "pre gamed" all day in the parking lot is 100% EXACTLY what the NFL wants to see. 

incredible television 

Actually, you are right, that would be a real must-see sporting event.

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I feel like we've been through this, but the reason the game was moved had ZERO to do with not having a roof. The roads around the stadium were impassable, and there was a travel ban in OP.

Therefore, even with a magical dome the game would be moved. 

For everyone that keeps quoting me on this, I responded a few posts back saying I forgot to consider the logistics of getting in and out of the stadium.  My bad.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

If Tyreek Hill can play, the Bills DB's will not have the footing to catch that guy...even with a bum ankle.

After watching Tua throw the ball in perfect conditions last night I'm very skeptical he'll be able to display his vaunted "accuracy" on a cold night with snow & wind swirling about.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

2-3 feet is manageable given the warning and recent experience.  Maybe they cant have fans in the stands put can plow the field.

Oh for sure...not saying it's going to be like it was a few weeks ago at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

After watching Tua throw the ball in perfect conditions last night I'm very skeptical he'll be able to display his vaunted "accuracy" on a cold night with snow & wind swirling about.

He has looked like trash 2 weeks in a row.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, why? Before they're from South Florida? Meanwhile the team from Buffalo could barely do anything on offense.

Oh yes woe are Bills without a dOme, right dOmer?!?

There is a difference between living in a sauna and living in WNY body adjusting to it.

it is not as if Bills players drive each day from home garage to indoor parking at practice facility.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Lake effect snow doesn't automatically mean several feet. That happens every few years and impacts a handful of days. It's overblown 

they LOVE snow games at night near Christmas, ratings through the roof!  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

they LOVE snow games at night near Christmas, ratings through the roof!  

Funny enough though, this game will only be on NFL Network unless you live in the WNY or SoFla markets, correct? 

A lot of people don’t even get that channel through their provider.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

In terms of getting 5+ feet yeah...in terms of getting 1-3 feet, it usually happens multiple times a year.  Usually not in the Buffalo metro area, mostly in the Southtowns and ski country.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Oh yes woe are Bills without a dOme, right dOmer?!?

There is a difference between living in a sauna and living in WNY body adjusting to it.

it is not as if Bills players drive each day from home garage to indoor parking at practice facility.

We'll just have to see, won't we? Mike White threw for 268 yds and 63% ribs and all. Josh had 147 "in his element."

Of course Tua will have more than snow to worry about if we bring that same offense Saturday.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Funny enough though, this game will only be on NFL Network unless you live in the WNY or SoFla markets, correct? 

A lot of people don’t even get that channel through their provider.

People have to figure this out…no more complaining. Amazon, NFLN, and more may be required to watch games. Just the way its going to be.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.