Jets bench Zach Wilson

Big Turk

Here is what he said.

Wilson makes the game completely uncomfortable on every down. Wilson makes the easy hard. He makes everything look hard. He has no idea how to play the position. Zero. He has no pocket awareness. He has no footwork. He has no touch on the football. He does not know how to throw anybody open. He does not know how to look away from his primary read. He does everything wrong. And then he makes some crazy throws across his body on broken plays that go for big yardage. He can make plays on the run on broken plays, but that’s the only time he’s any good. The rest of the time he stinks. And he doesn’t have any clue how to play the position. None. I mean, he makes you uncomfortable. He’s not positioned to throw the ball when he drops back. He drops back like he’s in La La Land. He looks up and there’s five guys in his face. He doesn’t know when to throw the ball away. He has guys wide open and he misses him by 20 yards, or he tries to drill the ball through them.

“Quarterbacks have to have an ability to finesse the ball when it needs to be finessed, to drop the ball in when it needs to be dropped in. Not throw the wrong pass at the wrong time every single time. He missed wide open receivers by 20 yards, tried to throw the ball through guys who were 10 yards away. I mean, yeah, what an awful quarterback display for a guy who had 300 yards passing. I mean, he’s a mess. Let’s be honest, it was a miracle they had the lead. He looks like you handed him a car, and he’s never been behind the wheel. And he’s just taking that car everywhere. He’s everywhere trying to keep that car on the road. That’s that’s how he looks at the quarterback position. I mean, you can add it all up. He just was terrible at the position, terrible.”

22 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Here is what he said.

Wilson makes the game completely uncomfortable on every down. Wilson makes the easy hard. He makes everything look hard. He has no idea how to play the position. Zero. He has no pocket awareness. He has no footwork. He has no touch on the football. He does not know how to throw anybody open. He does not know how to look away from his primary read. He does everything wrong. And then he makes some crazy throws across his body on broken plays that go for big yardage. He can make plays on the run on broken plays, but that’s the only time he’s any good. The rest of the time he stinks. And he doesn’t have any clue how to play the position. None. I mean, he makes you uncomfortable. He’s not positioned to throw the ball when he drops back. He drops back like he’s in La La Land. He looks up and there’s five guys in his face. He doesn’t know when to throw the ball away. He has guys wide open and he misses him by 20 yards, or he tries to drill the ball through them.

“Quarterbacks have to have an ability to finesse the ball when it needs to be finessed, to drop the ball in when it needs to be dropped in. Not throw the wrong pass at the wrong time every single time. He missed wide open receivers by 20 yards, tried to throw the ball through guys who were 10 yards away. I mean, yeah, what an awful quarterback display for a guy who had 300 yards passing. I mean, he’s a mess. Let’s be honest, it was a miracle they had the lead. He looks like you handed him a car, and he’s never been behind the wheel. And he’s just taking that car everywhere. He’s everywhere trying to keep that car on the road. That’s that’s how he looks at the quarterback position. I mean, you can add it all up. He just was terrible at the position, terrible.”

Back afta this

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Now the entire country gets to see how bad he is. This is the Jets only primetime appearance this year. 

(1) Rich Cimini on Twitter: "Jets QB Wilson to start TNF as White not cleared https://t.co/rdpz2DXYDR" / Twitter

Most qbs drafted early get picked by horrible teams and I’m like hmm maybe in the right situation they would’ve developed.  Zach Wilson is definitely not in that situation 😂. The 2022 jets are one of the best situations for an early qb draft pick.

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Here is what he said.

The 2nd coming of JP Losman, including benching in his 2nd season by a coach afraid of losing the locker room by sending him out there.  

2 hours ago, Greg S said:

Now the entire country gets to see how bad he is. This is the Jets only primetime appearance this year. 

(1) Rich Cimini on Twitter: "Jets QB Wilson to start TNF as White not cleared https://t.co/rdpz2DXYDR" / Twitter

So Mike White went back into the Bills game but was subsequently ruled out of the next two....that's not a great look for the Jets.

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Here is what he said.

Wilson makes the game completely uncomfortable on every down. Wilson makes the easy hard. He makes everything look hard. He has no idea how to play the position. Zero. He has no pocket awareness.....”

I'm so lost here. Who said this?

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Here is what he said.

who said that?

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Here is what he said.

Who said/wrote that, Cimini? 

If he can write that and still show his face in the Jets locker room it says more about what the locker room thinks about Wilson than what Cimini thinks about Wilson's play. Reminds me of when a backup LB broke Geno Smith's jaw and nobody stood up for Geno.

EDIT: if this was from Francesa it makes far more sense to me - and makes my Geno comparison irrelevant.

Edited by SinceThe70s

13 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

If he can write that and still show his face in the Jets locker room it says more about what the locker room thinks about Wilson than what Cimini thinks about Wilson's play. Reminds me of when a backup LB broke Geno Smith's jaw and nobody stood up for Geno.

EDIT: if this was from Francesa it makes far more sense to me - and makes my Geno comparison irrelevant.

Francesa said it on his podcast.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

that final day win that cost them lawrence in the draft ... mad. they'll regret it for years

Early in the year when Lawrence was still jaggy I thought the football gods were looking kindly on the Jets for not tanking for Trevor.  But yes, yesterday showed they should have completed the tank. Ancient Frank Gore picked up a critical first down for them to complete the non-tank.  

On 12/20/2022 at 6:42 PM, SinceThe70s said:

It's very safe to say that after last night that he can MOST CERTAINLY show his face in the Jets locker room.... Zach Wilson is the one who shouldn't bother... he looked TERRIBLE.

• Like (+1) 1

Summary: The fan told the Jets GM “Way to draft Ryan Leaf” (referring to Zach Wilson’s poor play). The Jets GM responds that he could “break (him) like a pretzel” and charges at him before Saleh (head coach) restrained him.

Huge topic on the Jets forum and the fan released a video about it as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.